Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to Here To Help Program-Got a question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dakota6738

Male
Number of posts : 2
Humor : Well yeah!!!
Registration date : 2014-02-07

New to Here To Help Program-Got a question Empty
PostSubject: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptyFri 07 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

I just got on Suboxone strips 2 weeks ago. I asked my Doctor about the Here to Help program, they told me what to do to get the app. i went staight home, called and got registered and an app sent to my doc that day, he filled it out - sent it to me and i did my part and faxed it in. Well to make a long story short I got approved thru that program-I must say I feel very fortunate. Here is my question: I was supposed to go in this past Wednesday for my 2 week follow up, well lucky me I get the flu this week and have been really sick-so I call my doctor's office and they politely reschedule me for tomorrow-Saturday-I have medicine left over because at first I could not afford the three a day he prescribed-after I got my card I got my prescription and fortunately I have exactly enough to take a dose in the morning thats 8mg 3 times a day to start. The problem is this-the doctor that saw me is in with a group of doctors that rotate around-he was in on Wednesday but will not be the doctor I see tomorrow, will my card still work to cover my meds if the script is from a different doctor within this same group? If anyone can help me with this question I would greatly appreciate your response. Thanks, Steve!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 8:41 am

Hello Steve ande welcome,

Congratulations on taking this huge step in your recovery.
To answer your question I don't think it will matter which doctor
Writes your script. You might want to play it safe and call the
Here to Help program just to make sure.
How are you feeling now? I hope your over your flu.

Keep us posted!

Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum, it is great to have you here with us. I imagine you have already gone to the doctor and pharmacy. If  not, Yes, your medication should be covered as this doctor is in the same practice as your own provider.
If on the other hand you were to see another doctor from a different practice then it would not be.

That was a fast approval! I don't know how you did it. Honestly people have been having to wait up to 4-6 weeks to get in. Congratulations.
When you have time, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hope all is well, if there is anything can do or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are always here and happy to help out anytime.
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Dakota6738

Male
Number of posts : 2
Humor : Well yeah!!!
Registration date : 2014-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 4:38 pm

As you all said, there was nothing to worry about, the visit went very smooth. I have never dealt with any one else besides this group, so I do not really have any thing to compare it to. But in my opinion they have their act together. I have been treated very compassionately by this group of doctors and their staff. I would be glad to share a little bit about myself and how my free script happened to be if you all like. In which section of your forums would you prefer that I do this? So far my experience with suboxone has been extremely positive. Again this is just for me and my opinions. Thanks so much for being here.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 7:39 pm

Steve

Feel free to keep this thread going.
This way your posts are all in one place.

I'm so happy to hear that your appt went
Well.

Take care
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014, 8:17 am

Which would you like to be called, Steve or Dakota? Either way is up to you. Sometimes members use their member name for privacy and sometimes not. It all depends on the person.

You can most certainly post on this thread or you can post under the different categories of the forum to make it a little easier for people searching for certain posts.
On the "Home" page of the forum we have an index of pages. I can post some of them below to make it easier for you as well.

Suboxone Stories,  You can post your story of how Suboxone helped to change your life here.

Introductions  Tell us a little about yourself here

Non-Drug related  Let's talk about anything non drug related here, family, vacation plans, goals, etc

Home This is our Home page and where the index is located. Just about any subject will be listed here.

I want to tell you again how happy we are that you are here with us. I hope that you will continue to post. Starting recovery is such a big step and it helps to have other people who have been through much of what you are going through to talk to. Not everyone understands Medication Assisted Recovery. And sometimes there will be people who think that taking medication to help manage an addiction to opiates is not the thing to do. But don't ever let anyone tell you that.
We have all been there and we all know where we would be if not for this live saving medication.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Take care,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question EmptySat 22 Feb 2014, 7:22 pm

Hey Steve (Dakota)

Haven't heard back from you and was wondering how you were doing.

We would love to hear more of your story and hear about how your recovery is going now.

Take Care
Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Here To Help Program-Got a question   New to Here To Help Program-Got a question Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Here To Help Program-Got a question
Page 1 of 1