Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills Empty
PostSubject: Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills   Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014, 5:09 pm

“When we stop living in the here and now, our problems become magnified unreasonably.”

Some of us seem to make mountains out of molehills with our problems.  Even those of us who’ve found some measure of serenity have probably blown a problem far out of proportion at some time in our recovery—and if we haven’t done so yet, we probably will before long!

When we find ourselves obsessed with a complication in our lives, we will do well to sharply remind ourselves of all that is going right.  Perhaps we’re afraid we won’t be able to pay our bills for the month.  Instead of sitting at the calculator, adding our financial liabilities over and over, we can take stock of our efforts to reduce expenses.  Following this mini-inventory, we continue with the task at hand and remind ourselves that as long as we are doing the footwork, a loving Higher Power will care for our lives.

Mountain-sized problems happen sometimes, but we don’t need to create them.  Trust in a loving God of our understanding will put most of our problems in their proper perspective.  We no longer need to create chaos to feel excited about our lives.  Our recovery gives us countless real-life opportunities for excitement and drama.

Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills Divide10

Just for today:  I will take a realistic look at my problems and see that most of them are minor.  I will leave them that way and enjoy my recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Today's Thought Making mountains out of molehills
Page 1 of 1