Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calling all members, lets check in!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Calling all members, lets check in!! Empty
PostSubject: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyThu 03 Oct 2013, 11:49 am

Calling all members, lets check in!! Fall_w10

Hello Everyone!
Summer has left us, most of us anyway. Those of you down south are an exception.
It's time to get back into the swing of things. How are all of you doing? I hope that everyone had a nice quiet summer filled with time spent with family and support.

To all of our new members I want to welcome you to the forum. Things to tend to get a little slow when the weather starts getting warmer and we all tend to go our own different ways but rest assured we are always here for each and every one of you.
Please check in to say hi and how your doing. It would be great to get back on track. As always if anyone needs or wants to hold a chat please let our moderator BlueEyes or myself know and we will do what we can to work around your schedule.
Everyone have a great day and let's hear from you
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptySun 19 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

Hi Dee....

First, the forum looks great. Really bright and welcoming.

I wanted to reactivate this post and encourage members to post, introduce yourself, RE-introduce yourself. Let us know how your doing.

I know how life gets in the way and we tend to put things off like posting and keeping in touch. I'm
guilty of this too. I think, however, that keeping in contact with each other is very important.
The fact that we are all in recovery, for one, the weekly chats were a huge part of my recovery and they were so important to me. I would love to start doing that again.

I hope 2014 is the best year for all of us. We need to stick together, we are all in this together.

Peace
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyMon 20 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

Blue I think it would be a great idea to reinstitute the weekly chat. I am only working one day per week unless we are in a busy season and then it is only for a few hours so I am available.
I do still attend group on Monday's but am home usually before 6. Also I am still in therapy, every other week.
Someone asked me not long ago how long I would have to "still" attend group and therapy.
My take on that is that, the group is a women's group and we talk about more that just recovery. Our main goal is to support each other. We don't usually talk about recovery unless someone is having a problem.
Therapy, no telling how long that will go on. There is no set time limit once you start therapy. Coping skills are an all the time learning experience.

I must be learning something though. We ran out of fuel over the weekend so that meant no heat all weekend. Had a fuel delivery this morning but had to wait for someone to come bleed the line because I didn't have the extras money at the time.
I was so angry and upset. Instead of going back to old ways, I started to clean and clean I did. lol
But the main thing is that I didn't use. The old me would have thought of using first off to help deal with the bull. I did want to scream, throw things and hit a wall. But I didn't. So I feel that I must be learning something.

It was good to hear from you blue and I can't wait to get caught up on what has been happening with you.
The same goes for all of you. Please check in and let us know how things are going.
My prayers are with all of you.
Much love,
Dee
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

Hello Dee and Blue Eyes and any other members I didn't see.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago but I'm just now getting around to see this.

I'm still hanging in there. I've had a few issues and happy and grateful to say I've done it without going crazy with my old ways. My osteoporsis is really bad. While visiting my daug. in Ga. a few months ago I slipped on a very small amount of water and cracked 4 ribs. Then after Christmas I was putting up decorations and was careful to not pick up anything heavy and the next day I woke up with severe pain. I went to the ER b/c the pain was so bad. I had 3 fractured vertebrae's. Now,for me this would have been months of meds. I admit that I tried to take pain meds for 3 days and they not only made me sick but I felt like I was disconnected with God. I never want to feel that way. My Suboxone Dr. told me to increase my dose and to do nothing for 2 weeks. That helped alot. I'm still having some pain but I'm getting by. I never want to do anything to loose my peace.

So,that's some of what is going on with me.

BTW,come next month it will be 3 years I've been clean. NEVER did I think that was possibly.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Much Love To you All

Marie I love you 

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 6:56 pm

Forgot to ask....
Dee and Blue,do you plan on starting the forum meetings again? Please let me know....Thanks
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 9:39 pm

Hi Marie,
Great as always to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are on the mend. It's funny isn't it. How at one time we would have done just about anything to get our hands on pain pills to take care of anything and everything. Now though, it's a different story.
I am proud of you!
Anytime that you or anyone else want to hold a "chat" night just let one of us know. We would be more than happy to get it started.
Blue and I were talking about that not long ago. We really do miss everyone and hope that we can get this ball rolling again.

I have been working one day a week. Not much I know but enough to keep me going. This last week has been really rough. My father in law passed away on the 12th. It was harder than I thought. We knew it was coming but your never really prepared. We held his services this past Monday afternoon. Things are starting to settle down. He will be missed. I remember so much of the good and hold those memories in my heart.
His suffering is gone though and for that I am grateful.
Again, anytime that you would like to have a chat, just say the word.
Wishing you many blessings,
Dee
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 10:02 pm

Oh Dee,I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. It's awful to see someone we love in pain.

That's great you are able to work one day a week. I'd love to be able to do that. Every little bit helps and it's good to get out among the living. I use to say,if only I could stay home and now I say,if only I could go to work....LOL

I would love to have a chat but often forget about it so if you and Blue set a time and date please remind me.

HEY BLUE

Marie I love you 
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

I will be happy to let you know Marie. I will get with Blue and see what is best for her. I know that she has been sick lately.
This crazy weather that everyone is having this year is really taking it's toll on everyone. I hear that you have had some weather craziness down your way as well. Take care and stay safe my friend.

Thank you for the prayers. It does mean a lot. Things are slowly getting back to normal and it will take time. All we can do for now is take each step/day as it comes.
Thinking of you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptySat 22 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm

Hi Marie !!

I'm happy to hear that your doing well after the fall. I can understand how you must have felt after
taking the pain pills.

I would love to start up the meetings again if you'd like to join us. Just let us know.

Dee, again, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is losing a parent.

I'm finally feeling better. But when I think about it, I've literally been sick since Thanksgiving. I've had multiple sinus infections. I've been on so many antibiotics it's been crazy.
But.... I'm feeling much better this past week.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you ladies real soon.

much love and peace,
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptySun 23 Feb 2014, 8:39 pm

Sounds good to me ladies. Just say when. Let's talk!
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptySun 23 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm

Good Evening ladies,

Is Tuesday night regular time (7:30) ???
We can start this week, or wait a week and start, up to you both.

I'm all set to start this week.

Peace & Love
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

Oh heck...I just did see this post.
Please remind me next week. I would love to chat with you gals.

Love
Marie I love you 
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014, 7:12 am

No problem Marie !  Cool 

Today is Tuesday by the way, so if you have the time, tonight will still work.
If not, next week is fine too !

Peace & Love

Blue
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 05 Mar 2014, 7:02 am

Hello ladies,

I wanted to check in.
Things here have been a bit crazy.
My husband had surgery on Monday so I totally missed last night's chat. But I guess I wasn't the only one ??

Let's really try to do this. I really could use it !!!

Peace & Love

Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 05 Mar 2014, 7:11 pm

Blue, Maire,
I apologize to you both. I didn't see the post until after chat. In fact just now. I don't know why notifications are not showing up in my email like they should be. Let's shoot for next Tuesday shall we?

Tuesday the 11th @ 7:30. Sound good to everyone?
Love to all,
Dee

Blue,
I hope your husband is going ok. If you need anything give me a shout
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 05 Mar 2014, 10:48 pm

Blue,I'm really sorry to hear about your husband. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

I totally forgot about Tues. night chat as well and I could also use a good chat.

Hey Dee,hope you doing well

Love

Marie I love you 
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyMon 10 Mar 2014, 6:43 am

Hello ladies,

My husband is doing well. Stitches should come out today. We hope. He's not happy with the way
the incision is healing and thinks it's infected. We'll see.
I, on the other hand, believe I have another sinus infection. Does it ever end?

Chat sounds great though tomorrow. Hope your both there.
Miss chatting with your two !!

Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014, 2:18 pm

ladies,
I am not sure if I will be here. I will try tho. I have the flu and am taking that tami flu. I will try but no promises.
love to all
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

Oh Dee I hope you feel better soon.
I might not be there at chat either tonight.
I'm at the doctors office again now.
I think I have another sinus infection.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014, 10:20 am

hey Blue,
What did the doctor say? I hope your feeling better or at least he was able to put you on some medication to clear things up for you. I know it sucks to be sick.  pale 
Today is day 3 of taking Tami flu for me. I don't have the deep down body aches anymore but still run the fever and this cough is horrible. I am able to get up for a few hours but then I am planted right back either in the bed or on the couch. I prefer the couch so that I at least feel like I am doing something.  Very Happy 
I am due to see my primary care provider Friday. Work is wanting to know when I will be back. When I was hired it was at one day a week and I made it clear that one day was all I wanted. At first they were worried that it wouldn't be enough for me but I told them, yes, honestly that is all I want. Being on disability I didn't want to overdo myself.

The past couple of months they have been having me there one day plus weekends. It seems like every Thursday my boss sends me a text message asking me if I can come in to help out over the weekend. I don't mind helping out so I usually do go in when asked. But now it seems like it is expected.  No Not cool

Gordy and I were talking a couple of weeks back and I told him I was thinking about turning in my notice for the 15th of this month just to see if he would be agreeable. he was. He said he sometimes thinks this job is too much for me and I have to agree. Some days when I work it takes 2 days for me to get over working one day. It is a lot of back breaking work and really too much for one person to do. When I go in to help out there are 2 of us so why when I work my regular day is there not 2 people working that day as well?  Rolling Eyes
Guess I kind of got off topic didn't I?

On a good note, today we sign our new lease (if I can get out anyway) The snow is crazy. It started early this morning and they say we are expecting up to 18 inches in my area. The roads aren't plowed yet as they have to wait for the snow to slow up some. Great day for walking. I am going to call the new landlord in a bit to see if we are still on. If so, I plan to bundle up and take a walk down to sign, grab the new keys and get my butt back home. It's only about 4 doors down from where we live now so I'll be ok~
Let us know what the doctor said ok  Question 

love to you all
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all members, lets check in!!   Calling all members, lets check in!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling all members, lets check in!!
Page 1 of 1