Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

12-27-12 Almost New Year!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

12-27-12 Almost New Year!! Empty
PostSubject: 12-27-12 Almost New Year!!   12-27-12 Almost New Year!! EmptyThu 27 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

Hello all!
Christmas is over. But we all probably still have a lot going on. I wanted to take some time to check in, tell about my holiday.. My New Years plans as ask about yours!

My Christmas was great! I spent it with my son, my fiancé and my fiancé's family. We had a blast! Especially my son! His last 2 Christmases he was more interested in the paper and the boxes ether than the presents inside LOL. But this year is is 2yrs old almost 3. (He will be 3yrs old this March 18th.) He got a lot of presents. A couple big gifts and a ton of small gifts. He opened his new Nintendo DSi XL, the gift I was really excited for him to open, and then he was very uninterested in the rest. That was until I told him the game that goes with the DSi was still wrapped up LOL.
My fiancé opened his gifts and his mother and father opened our gifts to them. It was a great family experience.
I got quite a few presents. Mostly household items for the new house. For those of you who don't know my story I'll talk a bit about the new house. My fiancé and I bought a new house about4 months ago and planned for it to be done before Christmas, although it wasn't done before Christmas so we could celebrate Christmas at our new house, it was a great Christmas present to be able to move in to our new house! I got a toaster, a crock pot, a coffee maker, and a microwave.

I had a good time with my fiancé and his family. They are also my family have been for a few years now. They have been very supportive in my recovery and have helped me a lot along te way.

I was pretty upset that I wasn't able to spend the holiday with my own family. My father is an opiate addict, like myself, who started treatment on suboxone, but relapsed once already and he is not far along enough in his recovery for me to let him back into my life. My mother is an alcoholic and honestly I don't think she will ever quit. But I wish every day that she would. I pray for them both every day. It really broke my heart that I could not see my own family on Christmas.
I did however get to see my "daddy" my step-father who raised me my whole life. And my little brother and sister who love with him.

My New Years resolution is to lose some weight that I have gained since I've started recovery. I also wrote down on my list of things to do in the new year that I would stay sober and keep working on my recovery. I plan to learnt the tools I need to stay sober after I get off of the Suboxone. Like how to deal with the stress and depression that I was previously self medicating with my drug of choice. I have already learned a lot about how to deal with my stress thanks to this forum, but there is still a lot more I need to learn.

Anyways... That is enough about me.
I'd like to hear about all of your guys holidays as new ears resolutions. So if you are omfortable sharing please do!

I love hearing your stories. And learning new things about you guys. I also love meeting new people and hearing about their experiences.

If you are somebody new to the forum, but have not posted yet, somebody thinking of joining, or somebody who is thinking about starting their recovery.. I encourage you to start and to post and tell us your story, tell us about you and how you are doing! Smile

Thank you for reading my post.
Please reply ad let me know about your holidays and what your New Years resolution is. Smile

Have a blessed day.

I love you - Jasmine
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 12-27-12 Almost New Year!!   12-27-12 Almost New Year!! EmptyFri 28 Dec 2012, 8:38 pm

Hi Jasmine,
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year !
I'm so happy that you were in your new home (I think you made it a home, not just a house)
with your family.

I would also like to encourage people who are in recovery, or want to be.
Or maybe you were in recovery and relapsed. To join in our forum conversation.

Join our chat. Please understand that support is the more important than you might think.

Speaking of chat, let me pop over there, since tonight is a special chat night !

Blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12-27-12 Almost New Year!!   12-27-12 Almost New Year!! EmptySat 29 Dec 2012, 2:43 pm

Thank you Blue!!
It is a home now! I love you

How was your Christmas Blue?
What are your plans for New Years?
And what is your New Years Resolution? Smile

Had a nice chat with you last night!
I love you - Jasmine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12-27-12 Almost New Year!!   12-27-12 Almost New Year!! Empty

Back to top Go down