Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorry I'm not around here much

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Sorry I'm not around here much Empty
PostSubject: Sorry I'm not around here much   Sorry I'm not around here much EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

Hey all. I just wanted to take a few minutes to apologize to all of the wonderful friends I've made here. I haven't been able to participate as actively in the forum as is normal for me and I really miss it. My life is kinda chaotic right now. I had to actually pay a sitter tonight to take my 7 year old daughter to practice, so I could attend the f2f meeting I had to ask someone to cover last week. September is recovery month, so there is soooo much going on with my f2f meetings that I would probably just say f it if I didn't know that they are a big part of the reason I have been successful in my recovery.

It seems like between my obligations with my 3 children and my real world recovery obligations I barely have time to turn around. I'm so happy to see that we have some new members posting, because they have found a wonderful group of people here. I'm going to try to stop in every morning after I get the kids on the bus for a little while. I will do my best to contribute any knowledge I have that may help our new members then. This had become such a big part of my recovery and I feel such a hole in my program cause I can't be here like I want to be. It helps me so much to read all of your stories, both the struggles and the triumphs. I can't thank you all enough for being the wonderful people you are and for welcoming me into each of your recovery families. I am so honored to have met genuine people like you, who care so strongly for people you truly don't know. That is the most selfless form of service. A well known 12step fellowship for addicts has a saying that you only keep what you have by giving it away, and that you should do service for others without expecting recognition. The wonderful people on this site personify these principles. You all have enriched my recovery in ways that I could never put into words and for that I am forever grateful.

Until I can get back to being more actively involved in this site, please know you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much Love my dear friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm not around here much   Sorry I'm not around here much EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 6:47 am

Hey Monica,

Your so sweet !!
We sure do miss you too !!
Seems real quiet around here lately, and I feel your absence.
I'm sorry, I guess you don't need to hear that, well, then again, maybe you do !!!
Maybe you do need to hear that we miss you and the place feels different without you around! I say that with love and respect for you. You bring so much life and knowledge to our little forum.

I will shoot you a text when I can.
School finally started here last week. I feel like we are the last ones to actually start !!!
I understand being busy, we all are. I sure hope you can find some time to pop in once in awhile. Like I said, we all miss you !!

Be well my friend.
Much love to you,
Blue
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm not around here much   Sorry I'm not around here much EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

I'm well and it did feel good to hear that you miss me. I miss you all too. I've made time during the afternoon where I can pop in and check for new posts. I hope that soon I will be able to get to chats again.

Call or text me anytime. It's amazing how much I've grown to care about each of you since we really don't "know" each other. The relationships we've formed here are a prime example of the way addicts "know" other addicts. It's an instinctive thing and fortunately it sticks around in recovery. I don't actually know the friends I've made here like I know the friends I have in the real world, but I love all of you just the same. I feel so connected to each of you and I feel kinda lost when I don't get to check in. September is recovery month so I have a lot of recovery related activities going on here as if I wasn't busy enough. But truthfully, I'm so grateful to be busy like this instead of having my addiction consume every minute of my life.

Much love my friend,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm not around here much   Sorry I'm not around here much EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 3:03 pm

Monica it is understandable that you are so much more busy now that school has started. There is much to be done. We do miss you very much and can't wait to have you back even if just for a few minutes.
Take care
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I'm not around here much   Sorry I'm not around here much Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry I'm not around here much
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Let's Check In-
Jump to: