Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Empty
PostSubject: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 8:05 am

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Develo10

Some of you may have heard this before, but I have decided to post it again for those of you who haven't ever seen or read it... I hope that you may get the same out of it as what I have.
Best of luck in finding another street,
Beth I love you

by Portia Nelson

Chapter I

I walk down the street.
There is a hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

There is a hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in... it's a habit.
I know where I am.
It IS my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

Back to top Go down
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

As simple as that is it just sent a chill down my spine, thanks.

Last edited by grimmred on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Sharin10

Hi-- my name is Beth. I had posted that as something that I had read & what is amazing is that I had the exact same reaction as what you have had. I got the chills & thought of how simple it all seemed to be when reading it. I am glad now that I did as I had hoped that someone else may be able to get something out of it as I did. I am so grateful that you were as touched by it as I was by just passing it along. I am happy to see you post & wonder how you are doing with your own recovery? Have you found a new street to walk down? I feel very humbled to say that I work on it everyday to remain away from those streets that I know I will fall down in again & fortunately, I have found many new routes. I hope to hear from you more soon!

Happy Labor Day!

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Americ11

Yours in Recovery,
Beth
I love you
Back to top Go down
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

June 10 2010 was the last time I used, two days later I went to my induction and never looked back. I stopped with suboxone last thursday and so far so good. I am feeling a little more like myself today. I had posted a lot in the intro section, and i will be writing a lot more in the story section. Thanks for the kind words. It is not easy to relay the problems we face to those who have no experience in the matter.
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Giving13

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!cheers

Hi Grimmred!!

It sounds as if you have found your new street to go down to get to where you want to be going!! Great job on quitting using the opiates with the aide of Suboxone & now for getting off of the Suboxone altogether. You said that you are feeling more like your old self again within the past few days- many kudos go out to you!! Like a Star @ heaven Isn't that such a relief within your soul? Is it like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders? I was in the process of replying to another one of your posts yesterday, but got cut off due to family issues. I will continue my post over there so that it continues to make sense & so that I am not saying the same things twice to you. It is just such a relief to hear that you are doing so very well with being off of the Suboxone altogether, as that is exactly what I am striving for as well. I am very, very happy & proud for you Grimmred! I beg of you to stick around & continue posting about how your journey has gone & is continuing to go for you, as I am following your lead like a little puppy learning how to do the very same things that you have done & succeeded at doing! And your right- no one can tell you how it really is unless they have been there themselves! (despite what they think they "know"...) My psych doctor told me a little phrase that I love BC it is so very true- "ignore the ignorant!" No one walks in our own shoes, but us & us alone, so it is great to have someone who has walked down the same path that I am looking to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for being here! I believe that God puts people in the place that they are needed to help someone else along or so that they get what they need from other people. I believe that He has placed you into my path for a specific reason & I may end up posting you quite a bit to ask you if this is how you have felt at certain points within your tapering & how you managed to work through it all. I am striving to be at the point in my recovery that you are now in with yours! Once again,
KUDOS TO YOU GRIMMRED!! flower

Talk to you more soon!
Yours throughout this process,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autobiography in Five Short Chapters   Autobiography in Five Short Chapters Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Interesting Articles :: Addiction-Related-
Jump to: