Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How long to metabolize?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomer

Boomer

Male
Number of posts : 12
Humor : Juvenile
Registration date : 2010-06-22

How long to metabolize? Empty
PostSubject: How long to metabolize?   How long to metabolize? EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:34 pm

I forgot to take my meds before work one day last week. I got a bit panicky at first but figured it would be a good test to see how I would do without it until the evening. When I was on oxycodone, this would've been a really big deal. I would've had to have gone home at lunch or had my girlfriend drive it to me.

Throughout the day I would forget about it periodically. When I got home, I was anxious to take it but it wasn't a big deal.

However....it kinda makes me nervous 'cause at least with with oxy I knew where the threshold was...I knew how long until I would feel like crap. I don't really have any sense of that with suboxone.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Boomer
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

How long to metabolize? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long to metabolize?   How long to metabolize? EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm

Hi Boomer,
According to the manufacturer, Suboxone has a half life of 37 hours. My provider went out of town in the beginning of my treatment and the office was closed up on my appointment day. I had to wait two days before I was able to reach anyone. ( My dose at that time was 16mg a day.)
I did okay during those two days though. On the morning of the 3rd day, I was ready to take it.

I hope this helps out some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

How long to metabolize?
Page 1 of 1