Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a waste of everyones time

Go down 
+2
samigirl56
Grb83
6 posters

Will I get the help I need??
Yes
What a waste of everyones time Vote_lcap100%What a waste of everyones time Vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
No
What a waste of everyones time Vote_lcap0%What a waste of everyones time Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Grb83

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-03-12

What a waste of everyones time Empty
PostSubject: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 10:14 pm

I am amazed that insurance company’s can get away with anything they want. I have been trying to get a Dr for a week now. I found out tonight after a week delay that I need a Psychiatrist to treat me, not a MD. That narrows the playing field a great deal. I have to call my insurance co. tomorrow and get a list of providers for Suboxone treatment from them. They new this all along for 1 week and never even thought to tell the Dr’s office or give me a call. Just giving everyone the runaround. In the mean time I have called in my prescription to a 24 hr pharmacy and when asked when I would like to pick up my medicine, I opted for tomorrow instead of 1 hr. Why , who knows. That’s just the way it came out. So this is where my life is now! On the edge I hope god bet’s on me for success because if I get anymore run around, I’m going to pick up my script. I can’t do this anymore. I have wasted so much of my time with this. When I asked a representative of my insurance co if they would rather treat the problem or continue to keep paying for different Dr’s, pain medications, and maybe eventually in patient treatment, they opted not to help me tonight because the supervisor would not be in till tomorrow. Wow that’s messed up.
I’m disgusted for sure and I am going to bed.
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:51 pm

Hi George, I hope by the time you see this post you would have gotton some sleep to recharge yourself. I can't believe how you are being jerked around. I don't blame you for filling that script. You are stronger than I am. I would of picked it up right away. You just have to remember that before your first dose of Sub. you have to be in mild to moderate withdrawel. I hope once you get that list from your ins. co. your search will be over. I hope you have a great and productive day. Cathy
Back to top Go down
Grb83

Male

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 1:18 pm

Well talk about timing. This morning I got a phone call from the Dr. I have a appointment on Tuesday to start on Suboxone. Wow, a long hard road, but I made it. I don't know if I should pick up that script now. If I have to be in withdrawl I could have my wife control how many I take this weekend and stop on Sunday night so by Tuesday I will be good to start my new program. Any feed back about that would be helpful? Thank you Cathy.
George
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 5:10 pm

What a waste of everyones time Angels18

Hello George! What a waste of everyones time Icon_cheers
So, you have an appointment with a Suboxone Provider on this upcoming Tuesday? Is that correct? The last time that I posted you, I had the dates all messed up in my mind. By the way, this is Beth again. I am so very happy for you to be able to get into there so quickly & get started on this miracle medication of Suboxone!
Like Cathy, I cannot believe that you have been able to refrain from picking up that script that you have waiting, but on the other hand, I would hate for you to have to go through that torture throughout the weekend & Monday going through the withdrawals when you need to go into your "Induction" appointment in mild to moderate withdrawal as it is. I know that if it were me, I would pick it up & ration it out throughout the next few days. If you do not think that you can "ration" then it is a great idea to have your wife dispense them to you until your appointment. (well the day before, Monday) My significant other has had to do that for me before as well. It's very humbling, but what about this disease isn't?? Not too much that I know of... What a waste of everyones time Icon_redface
Again, I am so happy for you getting your appointment set up & send blessings your way throughout the weekend & next few days aftrward- well, really just sending you blessings always!! Please keep us updated as to how everything is working out for you George. We like to hear about the good doctors. (or bad, but that does not appear to be the case!!) Please do keep in touch!!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth What a waste of everyones time Herz
Back to top Go down
Grb83

Male

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 6:29 pm

Hi everyone, I feel a whole lot better now that I have a appointment on Tuesday. I had my wife pick up my prescription this morning in case I need to have something on the first drug test. Also I have not used anything for 8 day’s now and I want to make sure that when I go to my first appointment I am in withdrawal. My wife is going to make sure I get enough Vicodin to make that happen. I just hate taking all that Tylenol. If I take 10 that’s 7,500 mg’s per day. I would have preferred some roxy 30’s but I’ll survive. I know that if I abuse these Vicodin heavy for 3 day’s, by Tuesday I will be sick for sure. I also had a message from my insurance company stating that if I needed to get treatment, or out patient treatment, that would also be available as an option. I’ll see what the Dr says about that.
I should go back into therapy though. I had done a lot of work until I got caught up with this addiction. That was 1998, a long time ago when I was sober in AA. I should go back. I really couldn’t while I was taking all of these pills. Why bother with all of the guilt. Besides, I really didn’t want anyone telling me what I was doing was wrong. But most importantly, I new in my head that my whole life was just a calendar. 12 years of planning, counting weeks, days and spending money I didn’t have, just to feel something I thought I could never have…..Happiness.
Just having that monkey off my back while I work will be amazing. It sure will be different. Everyday was exactly the same for me. Wondering who had what, and when I could get it. I must admit though, I was pretty resourceful. I worked hard, but if I could apply all of this wasted energy to the rest of my life, wow, now that’s a concept.
I am feeling too good now and need to just chill out and let things happen for me. Thank you all for being so supportive and patient with me. I will never forget this last week when I first wrote, Help Me I Am In Hell!
George What a waste of everyones time Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 10:49 pm

George,
It's never a waste of time, even if it's all bad. Cause the bad times got us where we are today. If you use to towards the good, then you haven't lost anthing.

I wish the very best for you.

Yours to listen,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 6:32 am

Dear George,

I'm on my way to work this morning, but wanted to leave you a note of encouragement and say I'm asking for your protection against the negative thoughts and in hopes you will work everything out. Just give your mind a rest and take care.

Have an exceptional day. I'm, all of us are with you in this.

I'm listening,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Grb83

Male

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 4:40 pm

Thanks Barbara,
I really do appreciate all of your, and everyone’s thoughts and encouragement while I’m waiting to start my new life in recovery. What you said about all the bad times getting me here today are so true. If God made all of this a good and easy experience for me, than I probably would not remember how tough this has been and therefore, not appreciate it. I remember long ago when I was trying to get sober. If not for all of the relapses, and struggles, I probably never would have stayed sober. I’m going to take this one day at a time, and not project into the future. Like they say in recovery, I will not regret to past, or shut the door on it.

Today has been a really nice day. I have enjoyed the warm weather, and been hanging outside in the yard just watching the birds. My wife and I have several feeders and it’s cool to see all different birds coming back to are yard for the spring. I have a pretty good hobby with gardening also. Today was the first time since last year of getting my hands into the dirt. We have a nice vegetable garden we plant every year. Today I cleaned out all of the sticks and leaves, and in another month, will be planting. Last year I had a lot of yield from all the labor. I have all the seeds from everything, and will start with the germination soon.

When I was coming down and sick, I had no interest in anything. It will be nice to finally break that cycle, and enjoy the things I love on a daily basis.
I wish everyone that’s also going through a rough time my thoughts and prayers. You are all very special, loving, and caring people. Thank you all for being their for me. It will never be forgotten.
George What a waste of everyones time Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 6:34 pm

What a waste of everyones time Greeti10

Hi George,
This is Dee, I do apologize for not being here these last few days. I had a biopsy done on my lung last Thursday and I have been out of contact. I see that the other moderators along with Cathy have done a wonderful job in staying with you through this whole ordeal. I am so proud of you for standing strong.

I am not surprised the insurance company company did what they did, they should have talked to you sooner to make sure that doctor was certified in all ways.
In order for a doctor to be able to prescribe Suboxone for the Treatment of Addiction they do have to be certified in addiction medicine. The doctor should have known that. It does not mean they have to Bea full fledged psychiatrist, but they do have to take a short course in Addiction Medicine along with another course in Suboxone.

That is the reason why there is a shortage of Suboxone providers, the doctors don't want to take the time needed to prescribe. Oh yeah, they do want you money and up front in most cases but they don't want to do what has to be done in order to have that privilege. So in the meantime more and more people are having to wait for treatment.
It is one messed up circle.

Below is a detailed list of what is required for a doctor to become certified in order to prescribe Suboxone for the Treatment of Addiction:

* Hold a subspecialty board certification in addiction psychiatry from the American Board of medical Specialties.
* Hold an addiction certification from the American Society of
Addiction Medicine.
* Hold a subspecialty board certification in Addiction Medicine from the American Osteopathic Association.
* Have completed not less than 8 hours of authorized training on the treatment or management of opioid-dependent patients. This training may include classroom situations, seminars at professional society meetings, electronic communications, or other media. The American Society of Addiction Medicine, The American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Psychiatric Association are all authorized to provide this training.

* Have the capacity to provide or to refer patients for necessary ancillary services, such as psychosocial therapy.
* Agree to treat no more than 100 patients at any one time in their individual or group practice.

You may find more information about the requirements for prescribing Suboxone on our Suboxone Assisted Treatment Website by visiting this link:
http://suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/57.html

Buprenorphine has been around for a number of years and doctors have used it for treating pain. But when you talk about Addiction then the guidelines change.

I am happy to hear that you have an appointment set up for Tuesday. Be sure to make of list of things you would like to discuss with your provider, that way if you forget anything you will have it right in front of you.
I am not sure if your provider will start your induction in the office or give you a prescription to fill at the pharmacy. Normally the doctor is supposed to start you in the office by giving you a small amount then watch you for a little while to make sure you will do well. But now days a lot of doctors are just writing the prescriptions and leaving it up to the patient to dose at home. Whichever way your doctor does it, we will be here for you in case you have any questions about your treatment or just need to talk.
Just think George, in a couple of days your nightmare will be over and your new life begins.
It is a great idea for you to go back into therapy.
THe bird feeders sound wonderful. I am a lover of birds myself. Every year I pull out the feeders and the seeds that I save from the plants the year before and plant away. I love sitting back and looking at what I have been able to accomplish.
Years ago I never would have thought I could be content just sitting and enjoying life. But that was then and this is now.
Enjoy your day George and let us know how you are doing.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 11:17 pm

Hi George,

I just got your message when I got in from work. I too have bird feeders out and when I feed my chickens, the other birds fly down to eat the cracked corn. All kinds of birds. My favorite are the Hooping Cranes that fly right in the yard and pasture. My brother and I have started our garden too. Nature is a free wonderful gift God has given us. I too didn't appreciate or notice these things when I was using.

I'm so glad you are going to get started on Tuesday. I'll keep my eyes and heart towards the north on that day. Dee, your words to George is beautiful. There's so much true love and caring we all have for each other.

I've got to get in bed. This morning I turned off the alarm and in two seconds I'd fallen back to sleep. Thank God my Yorkie, Baby know the alarm means get up. She was licking my face till I woke back up.

I'll be thinking of all of you.
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 12:34 am

Hi George, I can't believe it I am gone for one day and I missed your good news! I am so happy for you! Just don't forget to be in mild to moderate withdrawal before you take your first Suboxone.

We also have bird feeders and a couple of gardens at our house. We have deer that come through and groundhogs and a opossum that just moved in under our deck.

Dee, I am happy to see you back. I hope your feeling better.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Grb83

Male

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:59 am

Hi everyone. I just took my last Vicodin hopefully forever. I took a lot over this weekend so I know I will be sick on Tuesday afternoon when I get my first dose of Suboxone. I had some, "Vicodin" left and I gave them to my wife and she flushed them. I doubt I will post anything on Monday. Hopefully I will just sleep most of the day. I'll post probably Tuesday night after I recieve my first dose and feel better. Thank you all for being their for me. I will do my best to return the favor any way I can help in the furtue.

George
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 7:59 am

George this is early Monday morning and although I don't expect you to post, I do want to wish you luck. We are thinking about you and we are here when you get back. If you think of anything that you may have forgotten to ask, fire away.
Don't forget to give your wife a great big hug and lots of them. She has stood by you and I'm sure that has not been easy these last couple of weeks.
Your beginning is here.
Talk to you tomorrow George.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:06 am

What a waste of everyones time Angels20

Hi George!!
Here you go!! You are now on your way to a much happier life! I know the next few days will be difficult, but you will be amazed at how well you will get through it!! I agree with Dee about your wife deserving a huge hug!! That is wonderful to have that kind of support. It will only help you succeed even more. I look forward to hearing from you after your induction & how you are doing. Please keep us updated & you will be in my prayers!
Good luck & God Bless,
Beth
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:38 pm

Yes George,

Please let us know how things go for you. Just wanted to add to everyone's well wishes. We are all thinking of you. I'm sure you will be fine.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
GeorgeMichaelJ

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 10:10 am

Hi George, I just read through this thread and was wondering how thing are going for you? I'm new here but I have been on Suboxone for sometime and in a pretty enjoyable recovery. Life is good today so please know that it's there and we can get there.

GMJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a waste of everyones time   What a waste of everyones time Empty

Back to top Go down

What a waste of everyones time
Page 1 of 1