Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman arrested for selling Suboxone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Woman arrested for selling Suboxone Empty
PostSubject: Woman arrested for selling Suboxone   Woman arrested for selling Suboxone EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:25 pm

Another twist to our question of the day.
I ran across this article this afternoon and the more I read, the more I wanted your opinion.

Springfield Narcs Bust Woman for Selling Opiate Addiction Pills on the Street

Woman arrested for selling Suboxone 11274310

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) -- The Springfield Police Department Vice and Narcotics Bureau arrested a Springfield woman Tuesday night after she allegedly approached an undercover officer and sold him a prescription opiate addiction treatment pill, according to Sgt. John Delaney.
Ruth Melendez, 33, of 44 High St., was arrested on charges of distribution of a class B substance and possession of a class B substance with intent to distribute, according to police, for allegedly selling an undercover officer a SuboxOne pill.
According to Delaney, an undercover officer was walking down South Main Street when Melendez allegedly approached him and asked if he'd like to purchase SuboxOne.
The undercover officer bought a pill from the suspect and she was then arrested by back up officers, according to officials.
Melendez allegedly had more pills for distribution and money the officer had used to buy the drugs in her possession at the time of the arrest, according to Delaney.
Melendez has been scheduled to be arraigned in Springfield District Court Wednesday.

Now I'll give you my opinion.
Usually when I read an article about people selling drugs on the streets and getting arrested, I have some sort of sympathy for them.

My thought is that they need help, give them an option of detox along with Substance Abuse Treatment and after care.
But in this case I have none.
The last few months I have talked to many people that are having such a hard time locating a Suboxone provider that may have enough room for just one more patient.

And just recently our Beth has gone through so much in trying to locate such a provider for herself.
People seeking help for their addictions can't find the help they need and now we have people like this woman that has such treatment available to her and she just gives it away.

Does she deserve a second chance?
Let's hear from you.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Article source:
wggb.com Springfield Fox News
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Woman arrested for selling Suboxone   Woman arrested for selling Suboxone EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

No I feel that she really blew away her last chance .. For her doing that was almost unforgivable ..I was one the lucky ones that everything fell right into place ..For the ones that have struggle just to find provider that will keep them in recovery with the help of suboxone ,, and she does this I do understand that she is an addict and is sick ,I cant at this time find any empathy or compassion for her..

Kimbo
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Woman arrested for selling Suboxone   Woman arrested for selling Suboxone EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 10:35 am

Thanks Kimbo,
I agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Woman arrested for selling Suboxone   Woman arrested for selling Suboxone EmptyFri 09 Oct 2009, 1:26 pm

Dee,
As you probably already know my opinion on this topic, I would like to go ahead & share it with everyone. IF they were indeed her pills prescribed to HER by a Provider & she was out selling them rather than using them for her recovery, then that really, really upsets me. Woman arrested for selling Suboxone Icon_evil You stated it best in your opinion section of your post. There are NOT nearly enough Providers for people such as myself who are sincere about recovery, but had to call close to 100 offices to try to get into their program. The only way that I even got into see the one who I saw for the first time last Friday was as a favor to another doctor whom I had seen before when I was first seeking help. If not for him, I'd probably still be making those such calls. So I am sorry to say that I have no empathy or compassion either (as Kimbo stated) for her legal problems due to her addiction. She had the pills that she needed for recovery, but that is obviously not what she was using them for. I wonder though if they were stolen or not her own script & that is why she's on the streets selling them for crack/heroin/cocaine money... Either way, it upsets me that there is a person who obviously has a spot with a Provider & this woman is selling their medications that when someone who needs them is going without due to her. (them) It's all the same though- money! She is looking only at the money. It's not like she is out there selling them to try to help someone. But its all supply & demand and with us being in the middle of an Oxycontin epidemic, I expect to see this happening more & more. Regular doctors are going to be writing less & less narcotic scripts which will change the demand on the streets. I expect things to get much worse as this goes on..
What do you all think? What are your opinions on the upcoming demand for the necessity for more & more & more Suboxone, everywhere, starting in the 16 states that had ODs as their #1 cause of death this past year? I would love to hear more opnions from everyone as well.
Great topic Dee!
Love,
Beth Woman arrested for selling Suboxone Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman arrested for selling Suboxone   Woman arrested for selling Suboxone Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman arrested for selling Suboxone
Page 1 of 1