Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do you know when you are ready?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dink

Dink

Female
Number of posts : 4
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-06-29

How do you know when you are ready? Empty
PostSubject: How do you know when you are ready?   How do you know when you are ready? EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 5:40 am

How do you know when you are ready to start tapering and eventually quit Suboxone?
I'm only a few months into this program and am at 16mgs-which is what I started at. I'm not thinking about tapering at this point or anything but it often crosses my mind about when I will be ready and how am I supposed to know. So I was wondering for all of the people who have decided to start tapering..what made you decide it was time? And exactly how difficult is it? Have any of you quit completely and aren't taking any Suboxone at all?

I'm not going to lie either..I am absolutely terrified to get off of this medicine after reading about how difficult it actually is. I wasn't expecting it to be easy...but I was hoping it would be somewhat better than what I went through before with pain pills because that was neverending and the closest to hell i've ever felt. I would never want to experience that again. Suboxone has allowed me to feel as normal as an addict could feel and I am very grateful for this and I think it's a wonderful medicine to give to opiate addicts who are struggling and especially the ones that are learning to live a sober life.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

How do you know when you are ready? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you are ready?   How do you know when you are ready? EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 11:36 am

Hi Dink,
This is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. Please keep one thing in your mind about Suboxone. There is no set time for tapering off of this wonder medication. We do have a couple of members that are currently tapering now. Our other moderator Barbara is one of them, she can give you her experience.
I myself have been on Suboxone for four years. I've never thought about tapering.
I am 51 years old and spent most of my life on one opiate or another, some for pain reasons and some for fun.
In all of those years I never felt grounded. Through Suboxone and counseling ( I know I sound like a spokesperson here but this is how I feel) I have been able to create the road that I am now traveling. There is no room for drugs on my road. Only hope and sobriety.
Take your time.
It took you many years of abuse to get to where you are now. Recovery is a slow process, it may take many years to get you where you need to be.
please when you can watch the videos that I have posted here on Suboxone. It may help you. Videos
Post again when you are able.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

How do you know when you are ready?
Page 1 of 1