Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Imporatant Information to carry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Imporatant Information to carry Empty
PostSubject: Imporatant Information to carry   Imporatant Information to carry EmptySun 07 Dec 2008, 2:18 am

Idea
I just wanted to remind everyone the importance of making sure you carry a medical information card with you at all times.
It should have a list of all of the medications that you are currently taking along with any allergies.
I carry one that notifies any medical providers/emergency workers that I am a Suboxone patient. It also has the name of my doctor and her phone number on it.
That way in case of an emergency and you need medical attention they will have the information that they may need.
Yours in recovery
nannamom

Last edited by nannamom on Sun 07 Dec 2008, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Imporatant Information to carry   Imporatant Information to carry EmptySun 07 Dec 2008, 11:23 am

Hi Nannamom, It's Barbara, thank you for bringing up this subject. I also have to carry my Mom's medication information so if anything happens I can tell whomever what and how much she takes. It's also a good idea to carry your meds, (if you do) in the correct bottle. Today with so much going on, if you are questioned about your meds, you can prove they are yours. I use to carry a small amount of all my meds in a pill container in case I got to work and forgot to take my medicine, such as my synthroid which I take on an empty stomach...now I carry them each in their bottle in a locked box in my tools, which is locked too. I've never had a problem with doing it like this. Thank you for telling every one about listing their meds, I can never remember all of them and the amounts. Good day to every one. Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Imporatant Information to carry   Imporatant Information to carry EmptySun 07 Dec 2008, 12:22 pm

Nannamom- again with the good, organizational ideas. As we've already brought up, lists seem to help me through my days, weeks, etc. It helps break it down, therefore not becoming overwhelming. The medication list is a smart idea. I have epilepsy & I make sure to carry a metal bracelet with me for notification in case of an emergency. I should also carry my med list right with that bracelet. Great idea! And Barbara is right about keeping your meds in the proper bottles & keeping them locked up. That is a huge issue in our community right now. One of our local police officers accidentally voted twice this past election due to using Zanax. He denied it, saying that it was cholesterol medication because that's what the label on the bottle said. He wouldn't have been in trouble for taking Zanax, but the fact that it wasn't in it's properly labeled bottle, etc. He only ended up getting a "warning" anyways. Oh and they removed one of his ballots. drunken But, it sure started the gossip in this small town & the local pharmicist recommends the same as what Barbara does, proper bottles & locked up!! At least that's the way the law reads around here- things are changing so quickly due to increased prescription drug abuse. It didn't seem to be such an issue when I first started using, but it seems to continue getting more mainstream everyday. High school kids are having "Pharm Parties" where they all bring whatever good meds they can come up with- from parents medicine cabinets, grandparents who may be sick, injuries, etc. They put all the pills in a candy bowl, mix them up & everyone takes a handful. Can you even imagine doing that? And, apparently its quite popular. I hate to say it, but it will probably take a tragedy for these kids around here to open their eyes. I just continue talking to my daughter in hopes that she'll hear even part of what I'm saying & I LOCK UP MY MEDS!!!
Thank you for bringing up this topic. I've made my list to keep with my bracelet..
Luv,
BFye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Imporatant Information to carry   Imporatant Information to carry EmptySun 07 Dec 2008, 1:50 pm

Idea Bfye a great reminder from you and I thank you.
Years ago it never would have occured to me to lock up my medications, but when I was on methadone and going to the clinic we had the take outs. We were not allowed to have take outs unless we brought in a lock box and demonstrated to the nurse that the lock did indeed work. Ever since then I have made sure that all medications are locked up. Years ago ( also the years ago LOL ) I worked as a verterinary tech. We had all types of medications in our clinic. We had to keep a lot of them not only locked up but, some of them had to be, kept in a locked box, in a locked closet.
Drug abuse in the schools now a days is terrible. And the Drug parties that you mentioned are more and more popular. It scares me to think about young children just sitting around and taking a handful of pills just to see what the effects might be. A deadly decision for a little more popularity. Just as our children need education, our schools need education as well. The more I think about this the more the idea comes to mind that I'd like to talk to my sons school and see if they would allow me to write a piece on drug education for their monthly newsletter. They may not let me, but it is definatly worth a try.
Thanks BFye,
yours in recovery
nannamom/dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imporatant Information to carry   Imporatant Information to carry Empty

Back to top Go down

Imporatant Information to carry
Page 1 of 1