Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skeldeb

Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help......... Empty
PostSubject: Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........   Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help......... EmptyMon 01 Jun 2009, 1:45 pm

Hi there everyone. Im back with yet, other question. I am trying to get off of sub due to my previous posts. For the past 6 days I have been taking 6 mgs,down from 8g. I finally sleep better Very Happy but........ hot and cold flashes are back,yawning,runny nose,lacrimation,some really bad stomach cramps,nausea (thats the part I hate the most) and some diarrhea. Sure sound like w/d 2 me. Heres my question, would I be better off to jump off @6mg. I only have maybe 40 8mgs left (28 are @ the pharmacy and have to stay there awile becuz I don't have 166 dollars to pick them up) Am I going to experience w/d every time my dose is lowered. I do feel better after I take my sub but not 100% like I was @ 8mg. I think I would rather do the withdrawal thing once,I feel like with a taper,Im just prolonging the inevictable,or should I continue with my taper plan??? Thank you all that respond! ...............nurse debbie...........
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........   Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help......... EmptyMon 01 Jun 2009, 6:45 pm

Debbie,
For all of the reading that i have done and from what the nurses at Suboxone have told me, the best way to taper is to do it as slow as possible. I can understand that you want to get it over with as soon as possible. Suboxone is a narcotic and you will have some withdrawal from it. I also know that you cannot afford to take it any longer and I hate it.
This decision has to be up to what you want to do.
For me, I hate the thought of withdrawal, so I would probable do a taper. Can you try taking 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening? I know that is prolonging it, but it might help.
We are all different so our bodies will react differently to each dose.
Maybe the other members will give you their thoughts.
What ever you decide to do, I will be here every day until you get through this. If you need something let me know.
I'm here.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 9
Humor : I Ain't Got Any
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........   Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help......... EmptyWed 17 Jun 2009, 11:18 pm

Debbie:
I feel your pain, literally. I started on Suboxene one year ago at 16mgs. Turned out that was way too much and immediately went to 8mgs. I have been tapering down slowly and got to 2mgs every other day. I've tried to quit but after 48 hours I immediately started to go into withdrawal (anxiety and insomnia). Since I had the Suboxene supply, I went back to it. Unfortunately, I have extreme pain in both of my knees which is how I got hooked on Oxycontin in the first place. Anyway, I met with my Orthopedic (sp?) surgeon last week and he confirmed that I need two new knees. However, he won't do the surgery until I am completely off of the Suboxene. So, 74 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds ago, I stopped the Suboxene. Without thinking about it, I told my significant other today that I felt like I had allergies or a cold and I was constantly yawning and sweating profusely. She was the one who reminded me that sweating was a withdrawal sympton. I really hadn't thought about it. So, earlier tonight, I went on line and looked up the withdrawal symptoms for Suboxene. First two items on the list in order of severity were yawning and sweating, go figure. The site said two to five days and the worst physical symptoms should be over. So, wish me luck since I have taken the plunge. I will let you know how bad it is for me. Also, keeping plugging away yourself. There are probably millions of people who are able to successfully get off of narcotics so we can both do it. Keep in touch with all of us.
Dale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........   Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Withdrawal symptoms from suboxone taper?? help.........
Page 1 of 1