Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum Empty
PostSubject: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 7:28 pm

Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum Purple10

It is a pleasure to welcome you dgree into our family. I apologize for not being here to welcome you sooner.
My name is Dee, one of the moderators of the suboxone Forum, The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
We have two moderators, our other one being Barbara Rue.
Barbara I believe is at work but will be here as soon and she gets in to welcome you along with me.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or need to talk about concerning your recovery, please let us know.
We are here to help you in any way that we can.
I am looking forward to talking with you dgree.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
dgree

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 2:54 pm

Thank you, Dee and everyone one else out there.

I'm actually a Dad of 2 boys 19 & 21 who both got hooked on Oxy, everything went down hill from there. Both have been in and out of detoxe only to relapse, time after time. They just started a suboxone and counseling program and have different side effects which I'm reading about on here. Thank you.

A nephew of mine has been on the program for 6 months now and is having very good luck with it. (I still wonder how's it going to end?)

I was against the suboxone program for a few reasons, the main one is where's it end? Isn't like being addicted from 1 drug to another? Plus all the councilors and friends giving me all types of advise. "tough Love" "rock bottom" "6 month's in rehab" talk about being confused and I'm supposedly the straight one..lol.
Then I took a different approach and looked at it like depression disorder, which unfortunately I know a little about. My mom was bi-polar. They called it maniac depressant back in her day.

Its really hard for me, my girl friend, my ex wife, with all the lying, steeling, different attitudes, running up high credit cards, up all night, sleeping all day.

I get frustrated, aggravated to the point where I say thats it, I'm all done. Let'em live on the street. But after a good night sleep and a day of thinking that feeling goes away. I still feel when I talk to them I'm talking to a drug and not my children. They lost my trust, but not my love.... Now I'm ready for counseling.

On a differant subject, 7 years ago I had a young employee who served 4 years of his apprenticeship with us. He was a really good, smart kid then it happened he got hooked on oxy. Unfortunitly he's no longer with us which is sad and leads me the following.

I thought Oxycodine was designed for cancer patents but feel very strongly its way too addicting for anyone. Just wish the pharmaceutical companies could make it less addicting? Is this all about money and not people's live's?????

Good luck and keep the peace

Don
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 9:17 pm

Hello Don,

Boy, you have had it from all sides! It's true about society and the whole world of scientists don't have a decent way of detoxing a person once they have been addicted. I was put in a hospitol once and given 20 milligrams of Methadone and tapered down five milligrams a day till I wasn't given anything. This was for a person who was doing five 80 milligrams of Oxycontin a day. Needless to say, I left the hospitol and chewed up some Oxycontin on the way home. No brag...just couldn't help myself. I read years ago Heroin was used to detox from Morphine.

By the way, I'm Barbara one of the moderators. I've been on Suboxone for going on three years and down to 4 milligrams a day. There is a window of opportunity when tapering down from Suboxone. It's written on our forum by our Administrator, Deborah. Some people can taper off successfully and some of us have done so much damage to our system, we are on for life. I'd like to think I can taper off for good soon.

Please do stay with us for as long as you can. You make a lot of sense and would like to get your input for the sake of us trying to find relief. You're a good person to be helpful to so many people.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 12:03 am

Hi don,
You will hear a lot of advice on how you should talk to and treat an addict. Many people out there still believe addiction is a "Moral Issue" but through years of research it has been discovered that Addiction is a disease. It is a disease of the brain.
Is Suboxone just trading one drug for another? No.
With Suboxone you are managing a disease.
Just as with insulin you are managing Diabetes. Last year I suffered two heart attacks and discovered that I suffer from heat disease. I take medication to manage that. I also take thyroid medication to manage hypothyroidism.

I am glad that you have decided to join us.
If you ever have any questions or doubts, please post and let us know.
Education, is the key to a successful recovery. Education for not only the recovering addict but the family and friends as well.
Please read out websites. Both of them. They are both HonCode Certified, the information that you will find there is the most accurate information that you can find.
Once again.... Welcome
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
dgree

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 6:39 am

Thanks Barbara ,
3 years on suboxine. How you feeling, physically and mentally?
I feel my families on a long road for recovery.

Dee, you answered some of my questions. I'll be checking out this medical assistance site.

I'll try and do some research before I post questions.

Gone for the weekend

Don
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 4:33 pm

Hi Don,

I'm in hopes you haven't left yet...most days I'm okay. I do have spirts of depression when things pile up. I can be around my Mother when she's being negative and have a panic attack. I still have ups and downs. You'll hear this many times...everybody is different in their recovery.

Good luck to you and your family.

Have a safe Memorial Day
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum   Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome dgree to our Suboxone Forum
Page 1 of 1