Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello Dale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 10:14 pm

Welcome to our forum, Dale. You will find the best family of people here. They are very smart and heart felt about others. We care about each other and when one of us feels badly, we all come together and help. I'm Barbara one of the moderators. Dee is our other one. She will come on and give you all the phone numbers for you to call. I can give you the number of the nurse: 1-877.782.6966. Well, I hope you will stay with us and let us know how you are.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 7:37 am

Hello Dale Good_m13
Good Morning Dale,
This is Dee. I apologize for not being here sooner to welcome you. I see that you have already met Barbara and she has given you the phone number for the nurse line at Reckitt Benckiser. Reckitt Benckiser is the makers of Suboxone. The nurses are available to address your concerns about Suboxone Monday-Friday. 9a.m.-6:45p.m.
They are closed on weekends and holidays.
how ever we are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our phone number is attached at the end of this post.

Welcome to the family Dale. If thee is any thing that we can do for you, let us know and we will do what we can to help and support you.
How are you doing? How has your life changed now that you are taking Suboxone?
We would like to hear from you. Both the good and the bad.
I am looking forward to meeting you Dale.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 9
Humor : I Ain't Got Any
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 5:27 pm

Barbara & Dee:
Thanks for the welcome. I am taking suboxene and I am interested in weaning myself off of it. I will, in due course, post to the appropriate forum once I figure out how to navigate around this BB. Again, many thanks.
Dale
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 7:06 pm

HI Dale,
It is good to see you posting. How long have been on suboxone? Is there any particular reason why you want to start tapering off of your Suboxone?
If you feel that your body is ready to stop taking the Suboxone and you do it slowly it can be done.
All that matters is that you know you are ready. We are here to support you in any way that we are able to. There is a taper schedule for both 20 day and 36 days posted here on the forum: https://suboxone.forumotion.com/questions-and-information-f5/50-reduction-schedule-taper-t93.htm

If you have any questions about posting on the forum let us know. I know at first glance it looks different than most forums. But hit the Home button and read down the index of topics. When you see the subject that your looking for, click on it, to create a new post in that topic hit the "New" button. You already now how to reply to a post, so I'll leave it there.
Welcome again Dale.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 9
Humor : I Ain't Got Any
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 7:50 pm

Thanks Dee, i will absorb everything and get back to the list with any additional questions. Fundamentally though, I want to get off of the drug because it costs money, time, and, generally, I believe that most meds should be used for the short term until a problem can be fixed; people with diseases like diabetes excepted. Dale
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 9:56 pm

Dale,
That's just it.
Addiction is a disease just like diabetes and heart disease. It is a disease of the brain.
It can't be fixed and it can't be cured. It can only be managed.
Some people can manage their addiction with out medication, and there are some people that can't.
That is why you will see some people content to stay on Suboxone the rest of their lives if need be. I am one of those people.
I admit Suboxone does cost money and doctors visits to cost both time and money.
Recovery with or without Suboxone will also cost time.
In order to succeed at recovery we have to be able and willing to invest whatever it takes.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 11:52 pm

Hi Dale, I wrote you out a whole long reply only to hit the wrong key and it's gone. Basically I said taper slowly. The number for the Suboxone nurse is:1(877)782-6966. They can be a big help. Deborah, our administrator wrote a really good guideline on tapering under Suboxone Issues.

Take it slow. Like Dee said, you may be on a low maintenance dose for quite a while. Everyone is different. You have to let your mind know what it is you want to do and hope you can do it. I'll be pulling for you. I'm down to two to four milligrams a day and hope to taper off too.

Yours in recovery,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Dale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Dale   Hello Dale Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Dale
Page 1 of 1