Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Depression Experience

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 9
Humor : I Ain't Got Any
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Depression Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression Experience   Depression Experience EmptySun 07 Jun 2009, 9:03 am

Beth, et al:
Right after I posted my first messages, I got real busy at work and did not get a chance to get back on until today. I'm a self employed accountant and when the work comes in, I gotta do it. I sent an earlier post today about my suboxene issues so I will not repeat. I will tell you a little bit about my depression and then if the moderators kick us off, we can e-mail privately.
I have clearly been suffering from panic attacks for about 15 years but possibly for more than 30 years. In addition, I began suffering from Major Depressive Disorder about six or eight years ago. Although the panic attacks have been treated successfully with medication (I have only had one panic attack in 12 years and that was when I was in the hospital last year and went off of the panic attack medication for two weeks), my depression worsened and i was not even being treated for it. I didn't even really recognize i was depressed, in spite of the fact that I had two nervous breakdowns in the course of two months. One night I really became suicidial and got forcibly committed to the psych ward the next day. That was about two years ago. Fortunately, i did not go to the local psych ward but went to a hospital that is in one of the wealthiest areas of the country, Bryn Mawr, PA. The hospital has top notch people and facilities. I think i would have enjoyed staying in their psych ward forever. Since then, my shrink and I have played around with medications. Up until two weeks ago, I was taking 300mg Wellbutrin once a day and 60mg Cymbalta once a day. They have kept my depression reasonably at bay and I have not been suicidial for over a year and a half. However, during that entire time I have also not been a happy camper because the reasons for my depression continue. Fast forward to two weeks ago when i went to see my shrink for my semi-annual meds visit (I am not seeing a therepsit since I can't afford it and it was not doing any good anyway). My shrink gave me samples of another drug which I am taking in addition to my antidepressant's. It is called Abilify and I am taking 2mg a day. It is to be used in conjunction with antidepressant's when they are not working as well as they should. IT IS A MIRACLE. I HAVE NOT FELT THIS GOOD IN AT LEAST 10 YEARS. I HOPE IT KEEPS UP. Anyway, that's my tale of woe and near term success with regards to depression. As I say, Beth, if you want to talk depression, without getting either of us further depressed, send me a private note, which it appears you can do on this forum.
Dale
Back to top Go down
Sammmy

PostSubject: response to Dale   Depression Experience EmptySun 07 Jun 2009, 10:36 am

Hi Dale, Beth, Barbara, All Smile
I'm a Mom of 2 son's my oldest is a Sargent in the Marines and my younger son is 16, and is in Honor's academy, I am truly blessed my boy's did not get into any addiction's, because I had come from a family of addiction's, Well I am doing great today, I was a few time's very depressed as well as having a few nervous break down, I am on medication's for my panic attacks and depression, I take Diazepam, and I take Lexapro, and Clonidine, Etc, Anyway Lexapro has helped me with my depression, Also I always had a knot in my tummy, probably from my nerve's Lexapro took that away, I also am on methadone as well as my husband, My husband is coming down off the methadone, And he is thinking about Suboxone, he really doesn't want to go on Suboxone, because he is hoping he can stay clean with out it, because then he will have to ween off of suboxone, He is keeping a open mind, I feel if he needs it to stay clean it would be good, I am trying to learn as much as I can about suboxone, Any Comment's on Sub, would be very appreciated Sincerely Sam.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Depression Experience   Depression Experience EmptySun 07 Jun 2009, 1:25 pm

Hi Dale,
I am sorry but I did have to move your post. It was under the topic" Question and Information" about Suboxone.
I wanted to put it under Addiction related. But that one is for news articles.

Anyway. I do want to let you know, that is is okay to talk about and discuss your depression. One of the things that addiction causes and covers up is depression. We don't know that we suffer from depression when we are using because we have the pills to mask it.
Once the pills are gone, all of those feeling are able to surface.
Feel free to post. We want you to feel comfortable in talking about things that bother you. It sounds like you have been through a lot. I am glad that you have finally found a medication that is helping you.
As long as there is no swearing or other offensive talking you are fine.
Thank you for sharing a very personal part of your life here with us.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
SpicySuz

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Depression Experience   Depression Experience EmptySun 07 Jun 2009, 6:11 pm

i have heard about this drug ,and its amazing results before
wonderful dale !
Suz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression Experience   Depression Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Depression Experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Non-drug related.-
Jump to: