Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello Counselor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 3:35 pm

Hello:

I regret I only have like two minutes to welcome you to our forum. You are welcome and would like for you to interact with us. I'm open for any help or opinions from anyone who has information about living with Suboxone. I'll log on again when I get in from work tonight around eleven. You probably won't see it till tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will work tomorrow or not. My work hours are sporatic and unknown till the last minute.

Nice of you to join us and looking forward to meeting you.

My best,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 2:18 am

Hello again,

Being at work turned out to getting in at one in the morning and going to be back up at 4:30. I'm so interested in conversing with you, if you don't mind. I should be in by after twelve noon.

Bye for now,

My best,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Counselor

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 10:35 pm

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know how our schedules can get away from us.

I have to admit that this is my third attempt at replying to your welcome--I've written and tried to submit two others, but I lost them before they were posted. I think I've got it right this time, but if the two other's show up you'll understand where they came from.

Personally, I've been on Suboxone for a couple of years, and it's been a lifesaver (quite literally). Professionally, I'm a mental health clinician specializing in substance abuse at a community mental health center. A few months ago, I was asked to coordinate our Suboxone clinic.

As part of this, I run a Suboxone Aftercare Support group, and I need to have the most accurate and current information available for our clients. I know that I've run into a lot of resistance--and resentment--from people within the recovering community, and I want my clients to be informed advocates for Suboxone.

I ran into your website while I was browsing the Internet for information, and it seems to be a great place to share information and ideas. I'm really interested in learning more about who you are and why you were motivated to set this site up. There is so much contradictory information out there, and people have very different ideas on how Suboxone should be taken, when, how much, etc. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and bouncing my thoughts off of others. I think it will be extremely helpful to me.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend on my computer at night, but I do plan on checking in when I can. I'm looking forward to interacting with you and the others who are part of this forum.

Thanks again,

Julie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 11:24 pm

Counselor,
Your are most welcome to ask any questions that you have.
I started working on this forum because I want to help other people in recovery that have no where else to go, or don't know where to go, to find the answers they are looking for. I wanted to be in a place where I could feel comfortable talking about my recovery. I don't go to AA/NA, I used to, but I got tired of being told that because I take a medication for addiction " I'm not clean". That's a crock. That's like asking me to give up my heart medicine. But they have their rules and policies.
Deborah created the websites and forum so that people woud have a place to go to where they could get accurate information about methadone and suboxone. There are a lot of other websites out there on the internet, but they are not as acurate as they claim to be.
I applaud you for seeking the right information for your clients and community. If you need anything, let us know.
Yours,
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Mon 23 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 12:10 am

Hi Counselor, I am one of the newer members of this forum. I been on Suboxone since Aug.14, 2008. I am doing pretty well with aftercare. I have a counselor that I see every 3 weeks and I go once a week to a group that she runs. I go to NA meetings but I know they don't consider me clean. This forum has been a blessing for me. I hope it helps you too. I hope to hear from you. Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 12:27 am

Hello Julie,

I too, wrote you a message lost that was too long and it's too late to redo. I'll try again tomorrow. You are so very welcomed here. I know you can do so much for the good of all of us.

Good night for now,
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Counselor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Counselor   Hello Counselor Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Counselor
Page 1 of 1