Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

News Regarding Suboxone Generic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

News Regarding Suboxone Generic Empty
PostSubject: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 3:20 am

Read on another website that the BTOD REMS is now operational which means that the Suboxone Generic is now AVAILABLE to pharmacies and patients. I did find this on Addiction Survivors. org. Im not affiliated with the website but when I did a search for it, this popped up. Apparently the site admin emailed the company to see if it was available or whatever.
I will do some calling in the morning and see if I can find out prices for the medication, I will also call my pharmacy and see if they can get ahold of their supplier and see if they have a price as well. It still might take a few days for people to get the medication, BTOD REMS is just basically the dispensing of medication for opioid dependance/addiction from what I understand. I read a huge PDF last night about it, from what I gather its just guidelines they have to abide by or something. You can search for it and if anyone can make more sense of it than me, then by all means correct me.
Somethings like that with alot of information I just dont understand. The post from Addictionsurvivors.org was at 7pm EST this evening, apparently this person gotten the email back from Amneal Pharamaceuticals today. THey are one of the companies that is producing the Generic alternative. Actavis is the other company. I have heard rumors of people saying the new generic is not supposed to be any cheaper than the brand name but my doctor assured me that it WOULD be cheaper.
It wouldnt make any sense to release a generic and keep it the same price when they clearly stated that it would be a lower cost, cheaper alternative. I did say that those were rumors however, and you know that RB is probably still trying to stir up a stink over this new medication coming out and possibly knocking them off their high horse.

Please guys, call around in your local area tomorrow and the next day. If you get prices for the medication leave them here. Just ask for a 30 day supply of 1 8mg a day. That is what I ask for when I call for just about any medication.
That would be very helpful to see if it has reached some faster than others for us to get a idea of what the cost will be and how much it will differ.
Thanks so much guys, I normally dont read that website and had it blocked for the longest time because I have some problems with people there but I figured that someone might have some info there so I unblocked it long enough to read any updates.
Hope this helps those out there that might be getting tight in the pockets or worry warts like myself that are wanting to save money
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 3:30 am

ON this page click on B on the left hand side. Then click on HDMA Sheet. This opens a PDF file that shows what looks to be a shipment label or invoice that is going to Glasgow KY, for a case of 24 bottles not sure if this is right but it looks to have costed 312 dollars? I might be reading this wrong, but if someone can make sense of this file explain it here. It shows the minimum shipment that they can ask for and so forth, shows what is contained inside and where it came form. This page also will show you what the new medicine looks like and that it is ACTIVE. Oh when you click on B, scroll down the page just a little and it will show the Buprenorphine in 2mg and 8mg doses. The 8mg has AN 415 on one side. The 2mg I couldnt tell what it said on that one side, I have bad eyes. But I will read through that page a bit more and see if I can figure out what it is exactly. I dont know what HDMA stands for to be honest, but thought this might bring a bit more insight.

Last edited by nannamom on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to remove link due to error)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 11:11 am

Thanks for the update.

It took me awhile to find what you had posted in regards to the link. The link for me led to an error message. I don't know what happened when you posted it but I did find the information.
http://prd02.apsiva.net/catalog/servlet/com.apsiva.servlet.pc.PCHomeServlet?

HDMA I had to look that up, it is an FDA acronym and stands for Healthcare Distribution Management Association-

It is the national trade association representing the primary distributors of prescription medicines and healthcare products.

Back to what you posted, The invoice that I found is for Amneal Pharmacuticules. Dated Feb 6, 2013- Located in Glaskow Ky
Buprenorphine/Naloxone, 2mg/0.5mg tablets
30 tablets to a bottle, 24 to a case. On this copy the invoice cost is 139.81 ea. I am guessing to mean each bottle of 30 for the 2mg. But the area for the retail price is left blank. It does look like the minimum a pharmacy can order is 24.

The 2mg tablets have an A printed on one side and the number 14 on the other.

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

Ok guys I have some good news and bad news. My phamacy can order the new generic and have them in Monday BUT they are 50 cents cheaper a piece than the films. He said that they would drop in price but right now they are 750 a piece. However,other pharmacies might differ because this pharmacy gets WATSON as their generic.
I will be calling around more and seeing if there is news from other pharmacies, they said that they just got the news in this afternoon. Let me do some calling and I will see what I can find out, there is a cheaper pharmacy but its about 30 miles away and I will call them to see if their generic is cheaper.
I think he said cash price on the 30 pill bottle would be 195.00 However that is still 45 bucks cheaper than the box of films. I know that is different than the 7.50 but if you have no insurance at my pharmacy they give you a discounted price. Lets hope that this price drops on down a little bit more, I know my doctor said that they would be alot cheaper. 45 dollars is still 45 dollars that I am saving every month.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

You would think it would be cheaper.
I'm going to ask my Dr about it. I see him this weekend.

I'm not sure how it will compare with my insurance.
And I use the coupon (isnt that through the manufacturer that makes it now
RB ) so we wouldnt be able to use that anymore right ?

Blue
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:32 pm

Well the guy at the pharmacy that does their ordering, hes also the owner's son or nephew or something like that. Anyways, he said how it usually works is one company comes out with it and then more companies pick up the medication and the price begins to drop. He said that in a month or so, it will come down even more.
Im not sure how the names of the companies that we have Amneal and Actavis goes to Watson buying it. I dont know how that part of it works out. I will be the first to tell you that around here Watson is an expensive generic. When I was buying Lortab's, I asked them one month how much of a difference between the Watson brand and there is another generic was, Watson was ALOT higher.
The lady at the other pharmacy that I called said, once the product comes out and other companies start making it the price goes down. Thing is, the website of Amneal says that its supposed to be low cost already.
Its all confusing to me, I dont understand quite how the drug company industry works.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 1:23 pm

The drug industry in confusing and sometimes it feels like you should have a degree just to try and understand a little bit of it. Cash seems to be the bottom line though.
It is possible that Amneal will be a little cheaper than Watson. You learn something new everyday, Actavis and Watson are now combined making them the 3rd largest generic manufacturer.

Blue you cannot use the coupon from RB for the new generic but there is nothing that says you cannot use one of the other discount pharmacy cards out there. They can be used at most any pharmacy for any drug.
I actually got one in the mail yesterday through "Health Care Alliance" I checked out their website and they claim you can save up to 75% on your prescription. That's "up to" though. It doesn't mean you will. They also say that most people save at least 50%.

It would be worth a shot to print out the card and take it to your pharmacy to find out what you would save. You can have your pharmacy do a practice run to find out how much you would save if you were to use the card.
here is the link to print out one of the cards: The Health Care Alliance

Thank you for the updates Pittbullmomma.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

Dee
I didnt even know that other coupon existed !
It sounds like it's a better savings too.

Wow. This gets better and better !!

Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 8:19 pm

Well the way that I look at it, is if the cash price for a bottle is 195 that is the same price of the strips with the coupon and I would much rather pay for a generic than to pay a name brand company. Its just something that I have alawys been funny about, I would rather pay the little guy than the big man, ya know? However, I am still kinda upset that its not cheaper on the beginning than what it is. I am sure with time that it will drop in price, but honestly if they were going to blow our minds with a lower cost price....Couldnt they have made it like half price? Although, I have called around my area and some places do charge upwards of 11 bucks a strip, so I guess 7.50 would be a ton cheaper compared to that.
I know that for all of us anything small or big saved is better than paying full price. I just feel like they pulled another fast one by saying that this was going to help consumers save money. I did send them a strongly worded email last night, not that they care but I think that if I am upset with a product, the company should know. We got Pepsi one day at the dollar store because it was cheaper there, we always get Pepsi at the dollar store and never had a problem with it until this one time. Well, we got home and threw it in the fridge like normal and when we got supper fixed that night, we always pack three cans in the room with us along with supper. One for me and two for my husband, well he opened his and I opened mine and took a drink. It was nasty tasting, we thought that maybe we were getting sick because there was a flu bug going around, but I let my nephew taste of it and he said that it was nasty as well.
I contacted Pepsi and complained about this, because Pepsi is expensive around here. A 12 pack is about 4.25 when its not on sale and 3.67 when it is. They took a total of eight hours to respond back to me with a letter stating, "Sorry for the inconveince that this problem has caused." Send us your home address and we will mail you coupons. I figured that they would be like 1.00 off a 12 pack or something. Nope, I got FOUR coupons for FREE 12 packs. I was so happy, that I emailed that lady back at the company and thanked her for a job well done.

Sometimes if you let the companies know that you arent happy with them, they might change something or make it right. Not saying that this will happen in the case of a pharmaceutical company, BUT its always worth a shot. I will be sending another email tomorrow if I dont hear anything because I want them to know that my point gets across. We are addicts, not rich folks. Some of us cant even get medical insurance that the state gives out to everyone. Oh well I could possibly get it, but honestly if it doesnt pay for the medicine OR reimburse for the Dr's appointment why bother with it?

Sorry for this long drawn out rambled on forum post. The more that I think about it, we run for sales on clothes/groceries/home supplies when there is coupons for no more than even a dollar off. I know that this is 50 cents off a piece, BUT when you times that by 30 that is 15.00 dollars off if you buy them by the tablet. When I call the pharmacy Monday I will get the exact price incase I was wrong on the bottle price. I still do believe that he said that the bottle price was 195.00 and that is a little bit of a savings.
Oh well, thanks for listening to me ramble on guys. Have a good evening
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

Hey Pitbullmamma;

I totally understand being upset over this.
We all work hard for our money and deserve the best deal possible. Like you said, whether it's clothes/groceries/home supplies.

And Lord know we all deserve the best when it comes to our medical treatment.
If we were talking about all of us having diabetes and needing medicine, it might be a different story. But we are addicts. We should not be treated any different.

I'm glad to hear your out there fighting for us girl !!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 4:12 pm

The card link that one of yall gave me, just giving a update. Thanks alot, it did help it saved me 4.00. I know that it doesnt sound like much BUT 4 bucks is 4 bucks.It all adds up.
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 1:19 am

Update on Generic Price. Did a Goodrx.com price check tonight and the generic has dropped to 201.70 for 30 tablets which comes to 6.70 and something a pill. That means it came down about 30 bucks in about two days. It is coming down guys, I know I watch it religiously. It might seem dumb, but hey I like to keep up with this information. Never know when I will hit the search button and it comes up really cheap. I would transfer my script to wherever it was, and grab em all LOL. I did a search for all of KY under 8mg generic buprenorphine/naloxone 30 tablets. Might wanna do a search in yalls area and see if its any different. WOOT,its coming down fellars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Suboxone Generic   News Regarding Suboxone Generic Empty

Back to top Go down

News Regarding Suboxone Generic
Page 1 of 1