Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some quotes I'd like to share.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some quotes I'd like to share.  Empty
PostSubject: Some quotes I'd like to share.    Some quotes I'd like to share.  EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 2:17 am

I found a few quotes I'd like to share. That have a lot to do with is as our addictions. And a couple motivational ones.
I'd like to make this more personal and at the end of every quote I'm going to comment and tell why I picked it. Why I think it is inspirational. Why I think it goes along with us and our addictions. And why I liked that quote.

-You can get the monkey off your back, but the circus never leaves town.
I picked this quote ecause I get it exactly what it means when talking about addiction. You can get on suboxone and stop using, but you're still an addict. I still hae to work on myself as will have to work on my recovery for the rest of my life.

-Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; They merely determine where you start.
I like this quote a lot. I think it's inspirational because I think it's saying, No matter howuc you mess up, how far into your addiction you get, you can always start your recovery!

-If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.
I chose this quote because when I first started my recovery, I wa crawling. It took all I had in me to move myself from active addiction and into recovery. I felt like I was crawling.

-Do not eat until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
I picked this quote because I, and I thin every other addict, makes excuses as to why they can't start their recovery yet. I know I did. And when you begin recovery, you don't know why you waited as long as you did!

-Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
I chose this quote because I have started recovery before and I relapsed. I realized why I relapsed and began my recovery again. This time knowing what I did wrong, getting the support and therapy I needed, and knowing my triggers.

-We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.
I love this quote because as an addict I know that. Need to change my lifestyle completely to successfully be in recovery and stay out of active addiction. I can no longer think like an addict.

-An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try.
I picked this quote because as an addict I tried to rationalize my using. But now I am in recovery I have grown wiser and see that there is no way to rationalize it. I have to accept it. And get past it.

-When you can stop you don't want to, and when you want to stop you can't.
Every addict knows why I chose this quote. I didn't want to quit when I first starte using I was self medicating and I felt good. When I wanted to quit I was physically dependent as addicted. It was hard to quit. Not that I couldn't. I wouldn't say can't. Because I did, but it is so hae that t seems impossible.

-What lies behind us and what lies are small matters to what lies within us.
I chose this quote because our past may have been full of mistakes and we may have a bumpy road in recovery ahead of us, but we are strong! Because we made it through it, and we will make it through everything!

-There is nothing in this life that can destroy you but yourself. Bad things happen to everyone, but when they do you can't just fall apart and give up. You have to fight back. If you don't you're the one who loses against life. But if you do keep going, fight back, youre the one who wins.
I picked this quote because I thought it had meaning to my recovery. I didn't give up, I fought back, got my life back, and I am living my life to the fullest. I am happy and that's all that matters.

Hope you enjoy reading these quote and my explanations! Sorry if my wording is a bit.. Off. It is 1:30am and I just can't sleep. I needed some inspiration, and thought I'd share what I found!

Love ya! I love you Jasmine
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Some quotes I'd like to share.    Some quotes I'd like to share.  EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 9:16 am

What great quotes Jaz!!!! Not only are they very inspirational I love how you described what each one means to you!

My favorite is the last one: "There is nothing in life that can destroy you but yourself......."

It is so true, bad things do happen to everyone, it's our choice to find the lesson to be learned and perceive the bad situation as a lesson learned, therefor you don't dwell on the negative & you can move on.

And there are more ways to perceive that quote as well. All are good.

Thank You for these quotes.....I hope everyone reads them & feels the power behind them.

Happy Sunday!!!!

-Rae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some quotes I'd like to share.    Some quotes I'd like to share.  EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

Thank you for reading it Rae!! I'm glad you liked them!

I too hope others will read them and get what we got out of them!

Love ya! I love you Jasmine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some quotes I'd like to share.    Some quotes I'd like to share.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Some quotes I'd like to share.
Page 1 of 1