Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with State funded programs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilithsadvocate

Female
Number of posts : 6
Humor : alls I can say is without it, Life would be torture....
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Need help with State funded programs Empty
PostSubject: help with payment   Need help with State funded programs EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

i am trying to find some kind of state funded programs in my area to help pay for suboxone assisted treatment. I live in St. Louis and need help seriously. I have made so many calls and researched on the net and i'm losing hope. Does anyone know anything I can do? Thanks for any help Smile
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 1:36 pm

[i][b]
Lilithsadvocate,do you have Ins.? I assume you don't if you asking for help with your meds.

If you do have Ins. and they are saying they will not cover it I may be able to give you a lil help on how to go about doing that.
My Ins.. insisted they would not pay for my Suboxone. I challenged them and Appealed it. After much work and going crazy I was approved. I have to do this every few months with them. They had no problem paying for my MANY opiates. For some reason they want to fight me on my recovery.

I know there was a site that use to give you a 40.00 coupon towards your meds. I'm not sure if they still doing that.

Have you tried to contact the Mgr. that makes Suboxone? I know that there was a program with them but you could not have any Ins.

Have you been able to buy a few to hold you over?

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

I just posted to you in another section and I really want to post here as well. I am on my way out the door for my weeklye woman's group though. I will post when I get back, the group last about an hour and a half.

We are having a chat tonight at 7:30pm est and it would be great if you could join us. It would give you a chance to ask questions about Suboxone.
I will be back, I promise,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: $50 off coupon   Need help with State funded programs EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 6:33 am

I know the coupon Marie was talking about is still available. For the film only but here is the link

https://suboxone.com/patients/about_suboxone/copay.aspx

This can be used by anyone that wants/needs $50 off their copay. I just started on the film and forgot to use it !
You know next month my meds will be for free !!!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

Great suggestion Blue Eyes and Marie. That coupon can also be used until the end of this year. You can only use it once per month though but as long as it helps that is what counts.

The makers of Suboxone also have a Patient Assistance Program that will take care of your medication for up to one year. Your provider will have to do the paperwork for you but most providers don't have a problem with it once they understand the patient picks up the medication at the pharmacy and not the office.

Are you actually in a Suboxone program now or are you trying to get things lined up for when you do find a provider?
You haven't logged in since you posted yesterday morning and I hope everything is okay with you. Please let us know how you are doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
lilithsadvocate

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

I apologize, I thought I would get am email when someone replied but didn't. Everything's okay for now but as I said in the other post, we are running outta Methadone and need something to happen soon.

I did see those programs and that's awesome but we are not in a suboxone program yet just trying to line things up. Also, have no money or insurance which is making it so much harder. I'm going to copy/paste what i just wrote in the other one so you can get a better understanding of my sitch.

Thanks for all and any help guys...REALLY! It's nice to know we are not alone in this.
Back to top Go down
lilithsadvocate

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 9:18 pm

Thanks guys for your support. I have got on a few waiting lists. the only rehab that offers suboxone in the area i was admitted into a week ago Thursday(yesterday) and it was just a mess because the doctor had reached her 100 patient limit for perscribing suboxone and wanted me to detox with flexaril and phenegan. Umm, I don't think so. I've done this so many times it's ridiculous.

I don't want to be on Suboxone but I'm thinking that I will be able to concentrate on the counseling part a lot better if i'm not thinking of relapsing. we were going to a clinic, this time, for 2 years and was on 190 mg of Methadone. We were very lucky and had his mother supporting us so we decided to start tapering ourselves but kept going to the clinic once a week for 4 more weeks to like stock pile it to taper slowly. that was 2 months ago. We are now on 17mg. going down 2mg a day and then taking a 5 day break at the 10's and actually doing so much better than I thought we would because we ALWAYS were forced to cold turkey.

Anyway, I found a couple outpatient places that will refer us to a place called ARCA which prescribes the Suboxone but only for a few weeks. Which that is better than nothing but I just feel that it's not enough time to get the skills we need to live life normally. So, of course. I'm frightened because i want to do it right this time so I can at least say I tried ya know?

It isn't the cost because the Methadone is so much cheaper but at this time, we have money for neither. which I guess is why I'm having a hard time with finding a provider of Suboxone bc they want straight up cash or Medicaid. I did apply for Medicaid but I don't think I will get it bc my kids are not with me and over 18 and they are saying that would be the only thing that would qualify me in MO.

So if you could get us some more info on places that I haven't found would be awesome Dee. If I forgot any answers, I apologize. It's just been a whirlwind since we started tapering. With us being on a low dose now and fixing to run out of Methadone, we are running out of time.

The lists that I got us on for referrals to Arca are two weeks long, which is awesome if it works out that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with State funded programs   Need help with State funded programs Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with State funded programs
Page 1 of 1