Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Havehope, how did your induction go?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Havehope, how did your induction go? Empty
PostSubject: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Good afternoon Stephanie,
Did you start your Suboxone this morning as planned and if so, how did it go? How are you feeling this afternoon?
Once you get online and feel up to posting, please let me know how your doing.
Sending prayers,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:47 am

Stephanie,
I hope everything went well with your re-starting of Suboxone on Saturday. I know you have only been a member of the forum for a short time but that doesn't mean that we don't care about you.

In an earlier post you mentioned how you had to have dental treatment while on Suboxone and that even though everyone told you that you would not feel the effects of other opiates while taking Suboxone you did in fact feel the medication prescribed and that is what led you to relapse.
I did some researching to find out what happened.
What was your dose back then do you remember? Actually I'm glad that you brought it up. Patients should be aware that even though you are taking Suboxone you should also be aware if the dose is low enough, you can indeed feel the other opiates. I will be posting about it so that others can read and perhaps avoid what you went through.
When you can, please check in and let us know how you are.
Dee
Back to top Go down
havehope17

havehope17

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

I just now saw this post, sorry.
Back then I was taking 4 MG in the morning and 4MG at night. I took my regular dose of Suboxone the day prior to my dental appointment and took the Vico the next day and DID feel the effects. I was immediatley addicted again, due to the fact I felt the euphoric, wonderful yet EVIL feeling I missed so much but hated equally. It blew me away that I DID feel the effects after hearing over and over that I wouldnt. Hidesight, I wish I didnt.
So I URGE ppl DO NOT TAKE OPIATES even on Suboxone. That is what caused my relapse.
Sad
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

That's okay Stephanie,
I've already posted in the other area to you as well as this one.
What I read earlier today was that patients on a dose LESS than 10mg they CAN feel the effects of other opiates.
I've never been told this before. Just like you I've been told the opposite by everyone.
I do remember though when I was hit by a car a couple of years ago, the ER gave me a prescription of Vicodin for pain but instead of filling it I took it to my provider and she told me I could have taken it for the pain. Now I know why and I am so glad that I never took it.
Back to top Go down
havehope17

havehope17

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

I am.so.glad u didn't take it as well. I'm glad u were strong enough to resist. That takes a lot! Working in the dental field is a challenge because the meds are all too easily accessible for me so every day is a challenge!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2012, 7:07 pm

I can imagine how much of a challenge it can be. You should be very proud of yourself and I know I am. I am very proud of you. You will make it this time. Just you wait and see.
Here's to ya,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Havehope, how did your induction go?   Havehope, how did your induction go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Havehope, how did your induction go?
Page 1 of 1