Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE  Empty
PostSubject: POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE    POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE  EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 6:26 am

I'm interested in starting a dialogue about poly-substance abuse and recovery.

Has anyone had any experience with poly substance abuse and/or treatment?

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to share on the subject?

Is anyone familiar with any resources or links to information that they found useful on the subject?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE  Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE    POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE  EmptySun 19 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

An interesting topic for discussion Karla. I've never had any treatment for anything except for opiate addiction.
I am a recovering alcoholic but didn't receive treatment. Instead when I stopped drinking switched over to using more opiates.
Same goes for when I was using Cocaine, I switched over to more opiates.
I hear from patients who have abused benzos and opiates. How does a provider treat both addictions?
Or for instance Alcohol and benzos? Most often when a patient presents with alcohol withdrawal they are treated with a benzo to help with the symptoms. But if that patient has a history of benzo abuse, how are they treated?

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has publications on just about every subject you can think of in regards to Substance Abuse, Treatment and Mental Health.
Check them out for resources: http://www.samhsa.gov/
They also have a lot of publications that you can order free of charge and with no shipping or handling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

POLY-SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Page 1 of 1