Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A quick one week after update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grimmred

grimmred

Male
Number of posts : 17
Humor : Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Registration date : 2011-09-04

A quick one week after update Empty
PostSubject: A quick one week after update   A quick one week after update EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

It has been almost a full week since my last suboxone dose and today I thought I would give a little check in to you fine folks. For the first time in a long time I feel truly happy. I mean truly happy. I am certain that in my case opiates and Suboxone muted my emotions and I am feeling that cloud lift today.

I am smiling, and apparently that is something that I haven't done in some time because some of my co-workers noticed that something was different.
I found myself singing and dancing in the car on my way to work like I was a teenage girl. It felt good and not forced what so ever.

With all that said, not everything is perfect. For the past week I have been a true insomniac as I have only had about 6 hours of sleep the past 6 days. Maybe I am just slap happy; nah, definitely tired but at least when I can't sleep I still just lay there and try to rest. Stomach problems have become the norm as well. Without sub in my system my digestive track is cramping up and constipation has been replaced by it's polar opposite.

In summation the negatives are subsiding and the possibility of regaining my natural smile far out weighs the cons that have reared their head. I will check in again if things change.
Thanks All
Have a truly happy day
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A quick one week after update   A quick one week after update EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Having the stomach problems are a natural thing to expect when you stop taking any opiate that you have taken for long periods of time.
It is encouraging to hear about how well you are feeling emotionally. To have a feeling of clarity and feeling alive is what we all want when we first enter into recovery. All we ever want is to be normal.
The normal we get or at least I got was/is great to the point of not having the desire to use any opiates. But there is still something missing and I think it's what you just described. The feeling of a cloud being lifted sums it up very well.
Keep posting and I'll be sure to keep reading. You give hope.
Enjoy the day,
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A quick one week after update   A quick one week after update EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

I am so happy for you Grimmred!! cheers

I don't have the time to reply as I would like to at the moment, but I am so happy for you & how you are getting along!! You are providing me with SO MUCH HOPE as I am working on tapering off of them as well, as you know! I also want my true smile back & to sing & dance like a teenaged girl!! Very Happy Your posts are just so very encouraging to me & I really appreciate you sharing your feelings about how you are doing without the Suboxone, as you are truly encouraging me that I can do this as well!! Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you Grimmred for being here, as I am trying hard to follow in your footsteps! Like a Star @ heaven

With Much Appreciation,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Hockeymick

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: A quick one week after update   A quick one week after update EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Thank you for sharing... Very helpful
God bless!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quick one week after update   A quick one week after update Empty

Back to top Go down

A quick one week after update
Page 1 of 1