Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just looking for advise about suboxone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike S

Just looking for advise about suboxone Empty
PostSubject: Just looking for advise about suboxone   Just looking for advise about suboxone EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 2:11 am

Hi Everyone,

I dont currently take Suboxone. I started searching and researching the best and most effective way to quit painkillers today. I did quit cold turkey a few years ago, It was the worst 7 days of my life but I made it somehow locked in a room for a week. I messed up my knee 3 years ago and started taking them again. And now im dependent once again. I tried the cold turkey thing again but this time for some reason I got very sick. Like the worst flu ive ever had. I didnt have that the last time. Just went through the horrible withdrawal pains and twitching really bad for a week.

So basically I dont have what it takes to do it cold turkey this time. I have tappered off the pain killers for about ten days now. Some days I take less than others. Ive even made it a day or two without any, but it was a living hell. I just wanted any input or suggestions that might help me make a desicion on the best way to detox. Ive heard suboxone is the way. I am self employed now and dont have insurance so im trying to also figure out if i can afford the treatment without insurance. I havent been to work in a week and only have a few days worth of pain meds left. I need to do something a.s.a.p.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Just looking for advise about suboxone   Just looking for advise about suboxone EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:07 am

[i][b]
Hi Mike and Welcome. This is a great board with wonderful ppl and especially wonderful Moderator. I'm sure she'll come by in the morning.

I'm so sorry of what you going thru. Gosh,I've done that so many times and it wears on your body both physically and mentally.

I would say if you ready,then go for it. I don't think I'd still be alive. I was taking 20-25 pain pills a day and I'm not a young chick.
Just the decision to do it can make you feel so much better.

We having some really bad thunder right now and my electricity is going on and off. There are links we can get for you. I believe on the main page there may have them there.

I know the Co. of Suboxone can help they have a program with the meds. There is also a coupon each month. I'd say call around and get the best price you can with a Dr.who treats Suboxone.
There is a Dr.Match forum on Suboxone. In case you up and have read this I know you can go to HereToHelp Program and they have lots of that there.

I know this isn't of much help but I'm afraid I'm going to loose you in the middle of this post and I wanted to welcome you. You don't have to do this alone. Many if not all of us have been right where you are.

It does work and it can work for you. Please hang on and we'll get some links for you.

I'll be back as soon as I can and if not Dee should show up soon.

Hang in there and good for you to want to start recovery. You can be done with the agony of addicition.

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Just looking for advise about suboxone   Just looking for advise about suboxone EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

Just looking for advise about suboxone Crysta10

Good morning Mike and welcome to the forum.
My name is Dee and am always happy to help when I can. I can understand completely where your coming from in the terms of withdrawal. I took pain pills for most of my adult life and when I found myself to the point that I was abusing them I still couldn't stop at one point escalating to using heroin when I felt the need.
I could always stop but each time the withdrawals would be worse than the time before until I got to the point that I was afraid of the withdrawal. For me there were two things that stuck out most in my head, The fear of withdrawal and the thought of not being able to take another pills again. I knew if I actually stopped that would be it. No more every once and awhile no more just a little burst of energy.

The final part of withdrawal can be both a relief and drive us crazy at the same time.
Before they ever came out with medication we had to go through withdrawal on our own. tough it out and suck it up.
But you don't have to do that anymore.
If you want some help in trying to find a Certified Provider in your area we can help you do that. It doesn't matter if you want maintenance, or just detox that decision would be up to you.
You don't have to make any decisions about when to stop taking Suboxone until your ready.

I understand that you don't have any insurance. The makers of Suboxone do have the Patient Assistance Program for people who have little or no income. First you would have to find a provider as the program is for current Suboxone patients. Each doctor is allowed to have up to 3 people on the program and it will pay for your medication for up to one year. I have that information posted both here on the forum and out website as well.
Have you checked out the website yet? If not, I want to encourage you to do so. It is a wealth of infomation about Suboxone and addiction. Here's the link if you don't already have it:
http://suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/

Think about what you want to do and let us know. If we can help, we will.
If you should be able to get into treatment it is important for you to know that when you start Suboxone, you will need to be in mild to moderate withdrawal. The longer you wait the better to avoid precipitated withdrawal. (acute withdrawal)
Hope to hear from you soon,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just looking for advise about suboxone   Just looking for advise about suboxone Empty

Back to top Go down

Just looking for advise about suboxone
Page 1 of 1