Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why I'm here

Go down 
+2
nannamom
Barbara Rue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 3:06 pm

There are many reasons why I've been led to be where I am. Some of them probably won't be realized for years to come. The person who told me about Suboxone has passed away. Being a true believer of what comes around, goes around has saved me from not making it. Being able to take hardships in stride and hope for better ways has gotten me here. I'm not rich, but I have a wealth of riches couldn't be bought with money. Having my animals who don't want to leave my side. Having friends who brag about me to other friends. My family who is proud of what I'm doing with my life. My friends here who care about what happens to me. I'm here because this is where I want to be. It is my will to give up a life of misery and work hard to become happy helping myself as well as others. Today I can be thankful for a medicine turning my life around, even tho there are days when I don't feel well. I have you people to turn to tell my fears to and then be better afterwards. I'm here because this is where I've been led to. I hope to be here to lead others to safety. Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 5:43 pm

My friend Barbara,
When I met you way back when, we formed a bond that was to last a lifetime. I remember when the other forum closed, before this one was born, I was at a loss. I didn't know where to go, or where to turn. You assured me back then that all would be okay. Being the friend that you are, you gently led me here. Here I am at home. I am now content. I have so much to be thankful for. You, Deborah, and the others here. I hope that we continue to grow together. I see a future of many new people coming and searching for a place to settle.
I do brag about you to my friends, your name is a household name in my family. (Yes, they all know you, and love you as well) I am proud to call you friend.
Yours as always
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 8:16 pm

Hi Miss Barbara!!
Are you hanging in there tonight girl? Question I have days like you were describing pretty frequently. Like I don't even feel like getting up & getting moving!! I often blame the weather, but I don't know that's entirely it. I do feel like I have "cabin fever" though, so maybe? I've been on low energy & forcing myself to get through even daily, normal chores. That's one thing that I still don't feel like I've gotten back, my energy. As I once heard Dee mention, I had tons of super energy & could get everything done while I was using. That's a feeling that I still miss because I haven't found how to get that energy back any other way. I hope that it's just a matter of time? Question Any suggestions? Idea
I have to keep this short at the moment because my little ones are climbing all over me. Everybody wants to be held at one time!! Exclamation I'm going to try to pop back on here in a little while. Hope to talk with you soon!
Love,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 10:58 pm

Hi Bethy, honey I feel for you and don't know how you do it. It's not just the physical, it's the mental changes we must be able to handle with understanding and kindness. My energy comes back and I get a lot done, I pay for it the next day. I think the longer we stay straight, the stronger we become, but we still burn out and have to give ourselves a few days to regroup. The good thing is, we are able to do this. I'm looking forward to the time when I can get on an even keel and wake up in the same world every day. Just hang in there and it'll get better. I have to tell myself this a lot of times. Some things we don't have a choice, the babies need care just like my animals can't feed themselves. I have to do it. These are things have to be done. You are doing good, Beth. I'm proud of you. Your friend, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 5:10 am

Hi Barbara, I hope its ok to tack on the end of someone elses post as I'm not exactly sure if I am posting in the right place or if I am posting too much. I feel such a connection here and I want to speak with people who send me posts. Someone will tell me if I'm doing something wrong here, won't they? Neil picked up a beautiful staffy that was on the freeway running in and out of the traffic last night. We looked after him overnight (our family of cats and dogs weren't very impressed) but actually found the owners this afternoon. It was a lovely reunion and a relief for the lovely dog. How is your family going? Are you feeling OK?

I'm still trying to work out if it is lack of energy on my part or just procrastination for me. I don't have any little kids to run around after now and for the first sixteen years or so that was my whole life apart from work. There is a really big hole there now and instead of getting off my butt and do something different I seem to be spending a lot of time hibernating - I love my bed and my sudoku.

I haven't even written in my journal yet. I got the book though. I feel like I'm whingeing here. Sorry. No I love hearing about your lives and the fantastic things that you are all doing. I hope you have a happy monday.

Love Mez. X
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Hi Mez   Why I'm here EmptyThu 01 Jan 2009, 9:59 pm

Hi Sweetheart, You've been quiet to me it seems like a week, but it's only been a day. You guys remind me of me counting my chickens when I go outside. When I only see three, I go looking for the other one. I'll find it and everything's okay again. You can post anywhere you please; this is your home too and if you have something you want to say, you just shout it out. I love hearing from you. I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and a good one the whole year out. Till I hear from you again, I'll be sending you good thoughts. I know you read my heart tests cleared for surgery. They lost my bloody bloodwork so now I think I've got to do it again and go to surgery on the 7th. I may have told you, I don't remember. Remember to hang on to the clean clear air and let it last as long as you can. Love, Your friend, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 11:19 pm

Hi Barbara,

I just jumped on here at the noisy shopping centre and my agency called and I have to rush off to work.

I will try and jump back on tomorrow. I have a job interview tomorrow in the most beautiful spot around our shores. I hope I get it.

Could you give a shout out to everyone and tell them that I'm thinking good thoughts of you all.

I'll catch up soon.

Love Mez. XXX
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 11:44 pm

Thank God! cheers It looks like I really did find a home. There are animal lovers on here. I have Five dogs, 2 are rescues. I am also lacking in energy. It seems to come and go. I have a day were I will get a lot done then I just seem to burn out for acouple of days. I hope everybody has a great evening.
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male
Number of posts : 37
Humor : I try but fall short many tmes
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 1:45 am

I got led here from a yahoo search, I remember being so scared an nervous even around you guys no one bit me jus one little nibble and it didnt hurt. Everyone helped me nad walked me through thanks all.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 1:30 pm

Bulldog,
You are most welcome.
It is hard not knowing where to go or what to do. Everyday that we get a new member my prayers are answered, because that means that one less person has to be alone anymore. It is a pleasure to have you here and sharing with us, I do hope that you will stick around and continue to share with the new comers, your hopes and experiences.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 11:11 pm

Good evening to everybody!! I love you
Hopefully you all are staying warm tonight!! It's wicked cold here!! (Ohio) The actual temperature is 6 degrees, but with the wind chill, it feels like -25 degrees! There's about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground & surprisingly, it's still falling.. Usually, when its this cold outside, it doesn't seem like we get as much precipitation, but this time, its both!! The roads are slick around here tonight. It's a perfect night to be in front of the fireplace, on the computer.. Wink Nice & warm inside here! Other than having to get out to the grocery store earlier this evening, I haven't really left the house much in the past few days.. Especially with the babies being sick, its not even worth it to go most places. Both of my sisters have young children & we like to get them together, but obviously not when any of them are sick. We all saw each other at Christmas time, but other than that, it was before xmas when we went to the ice capades all together. Somebody has continually had sick kids in between there & we haven't been able to pull it off. Then, with the weather the way it is. No I'm just already for spring to be on its way!! Even just driving out to the grocery, after that accident last year, I hate driving on the ice so badly!! What a Face I'm ready for warm weather!! sunny
Dee, are you also experiencing this storm over your way yet? Your probably laughing at me complaining about 8-10 inches when you have 6 feet!! We're just not used to this much around here anymore.. How have you been feeling? Does this cold weather bother your knee? Anything new going on? Nothing too exciting around here at all. I'm still just trying to get my family back to well again!! It seems like they've been sick forever, but you know what I mean.. Their sleep schedule is all messed up now because of waking up all night not feeling well, then falling asleep when they're usually playing in the daytime. I'm hoping that they're on the upswing though & we're getting close to being done?? I'm sitting here eating chocolate covered pretzels that I had to buy at the grocery & they're helping me scarf the bag down! I love you Please let me hear how you are doing.
Ms. Barbara, I've been thinking of you girl! I hope that everything is going good for you today as you've been on my mind all day long!! I don't want to sound crazy, but this may sound just so. Yet, last September, well let me back up. My best girlfriend moved to Scotsdale, AZ & has been pregnant with her first child, due in November. She's had a hard time getting pregnant & they were doing the whole fertility deal & closely monitoring the pregnancy, etc. Well, last September, I had a very real dream about her & the baby, so the next day, I called her as she was still on my mind. There was no answer, so I left a voice mail. She returned the call several days later & told me that when I'd called, she'd been in the hospital because she went into labor prematurely. She'd given birth to her son the night before I called her. The same night that I'd had the dream.. cyclops Like I said, I may just sound nuts, but it was odd to me! Rolling Eyes Please let me know how eveything is going. Are the animals starting to eat okay again? Have they adjusted? Even though, I know that they're missing Mama! Wink
It's time for me to have to close this up tonight. These babies are falling apart at my feet! Bedtime at this household!! Sleep (hopefully? I have my fingers crossed, at least, that they will sleep well tonight!) Wink
I'd also wanted to say hello to everybody & wishing you a restful nights sleep! Sleep
Aspiring for another great day tomarrow! cheers
Love Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 1:53 am

Beth,
It never fails that when you ask me about my weather and talk about the storm your having it ends up hitting here shortly.
I just looked outside and ya know what? It is snowing. My other half said it has been for about an hour and I didn't even know it. Exclamation Last night it was so cold here, and tonight it is a flat even 0. I don't want to think about what the wind chill is.
I will be here off and on tomorrow, my hubby's niece is having her first baby and the doctor decided that he will induce her tomorrow. She isn't due until the end of the month but the baby is at 9lbs and she there is a threat of toxemia. I told her when she first found out about the baby that I would be there when she has it. Her mom is active in addiction but telling the family that has quit. She won't be at the hospital. She called today and said that she has " things to do". I've been there done that. We all have. But this is her daughter and she needs her mom. So I am angry. I can't change the way she is, but I can be there for my niece and the baby.
I will let all of you know how it goes, all of your prayers will be welcome.
Beth it is bedtime here at this home too, sleep with the angels. Stay warm and cuddle. Smile
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 12:34 pm

Hi Sweet Dee! flower
Thank God that you are there for your niece!! That is ridiculous that her own mother is not at the hospital.. Mad Like you said, I know that there is nothing that anyone can do to change it, other than her, but she is missing out on time that can not be replaced!! (as we know all too well!) No I'm sorry for both of them, actually. I hope that she comes to her senses here soon & doesn't miss out on these precious years with her grandbaby!! Your niece is very fortunate to have you there with her though. I'm sure that she appreciates having that type of relationship with you, especially since she doesn't seem to with her own mother.. It's kind of like that for me with my Dad & Matts' Dad. Not that my Dad & I don't love each other, it's still just strained & we don't see each other too often. Where Matt's Dad & I talk about who he's dating & how he's feeling, etc. I think that you are an angel, Dee & I'm sure that your niece is really needing you right about now! Like I said, thank God that you are with her!! As you know, childbirth is hard in any situation & she needs strength & help, not more stress!! Send her my love, as well! I love you I remember just as she's feeling right now, its scary!! Today, her whole life is going to change forever!! But what a blessing! Very Happy Please let me know how everything is going for her. Does she know if she's having a boy or a girl yet? Does she have names picked out? Is she married or will the father be around for them? I've volunteered for years at a local "Pregnancy Solutions Center" which deals the most with teen pregnancies & that can be so sad at times. Yet, obviously, there are girls that succeed, as well, & that's so encouraging to see! I will be keeping your niece in my prayers today & that precious baby!! I love you (not implying that your niece is a teenager)
Yes, this weather around here has been wicked cold also!! Today it is 1 degree, but with the windchill, it feels like -20 to -25 degrees out there!! Brr!! I'm sure that if it was already that cold where you are, then this is probably on your way as well.. It does seem to hit here about a day before it gets to you, but I'm sure that you get it worse, being further East & way North!! Stay warm!! Exclamation
Is everything else going well with you? How have you been feeling? Does this cold weather make it worse? Please let me hear how all is going & keep me posted regarding your niece, if you will.. Sending my prayers!! Exclamation
Love,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 11:49 pm

Beth,
Thank you for asking about my niece.
She actually did not have to wait until this mornign at 7 to go to the hospital. The baby decided that at 2am he wanted to come. So off she went.
I got to the hospital this morning, and she still hasn't had the baby. The doctors are saying that it weighs in at 9lbs.
This is her first. It is now 10:43p.m. she has been in labor for 19 hours.
They gave her an epiduril around 7:00.
It is hard on her. And to be honest I am very worried not only abut the baby but her as well. She is overweight and did not take care of herself during the pregnancy, she has toxemia, and the doctor still wants to wait to see if it will deliver on it's own. They gave her pitocin at 7am this morning even though her water broke at 2am.
All we can do is pray. I am beat and finally had to come home, her foster mom is with her as well as her boyfriend. I will get up early and go back up to the hospital, I pray that she has it during the night.
I will get back to you tomorrow. I'm tired and have to get off of this thing
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here EmptyFri 16 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

Hi Sweet Dee!! flower
Congratulations!! As I mentioned in the other post, please keep me informed about how your niece & the baby are doing. They've been in my prayers & thoughts!! As you know, I love the babies!! Wink (Thank goodness!) I'm so glad that your niece has you there with her, especially because of how her mother isn't there when she needs her the most. She's very lucky to have you around & I can certainly understand why you'd be the first call she made!! And your going to have a brand new little baby around to hold & love & kiss!! Congrats again girl!! I love you
Stay warm & send my love!!
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why I'm here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I'm here   Why I'm here Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I'm here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone-