Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something happened

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Something happened   Something happened EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 10:22 pm

You know when I got into recovery, I not only quit using. I started to change my whole outlook on life. Not only did I change about drugs, my thougt patterns changed. Today I was mistakenly given another girls pay check along with mine. When I got my checks, ( I get sometimes two or three checks from different companies in the same week.) I put them in my work pouch and didn't actually look at them till I went to cash them. I saw I had a check with a different name for a lot of money. I didn't think twice, I called the hall (union) and told them what had happened. We agreed I would go to U.P.S. and mail the check. I'm not bragging about doing something I should do in the first place, but the old me would have gave it a thought of how to get away with the extra cash. I'm glad I'm becoming a person with morals and honesty

This morning was the first one where I woke up feeling a bit of joy instead of dread of what I was going to go through during the day. It wasn't all fun and frolic, but I felt a spark of happiness down deep inside.

I'd love to hear how some of the rest are doing.

Good night for now. I start another show in the morning and will go back to the first on when it closes. I'll get back with you tomorrow. I usually check the board before going to bed to see if anyone needs anything. Please share if you do

Yours to share,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something happened   Something happened EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 7:15 pm

Something happened Awesom12

Barbara,
I honestly believe that once we go into recovery every now and then God finds a way to step in and remind us of where we came from and where we never want to go again.
Being in recovery not only give us stability but it gives us a new understanding of ourselves.
I am very proud of you. I am sure that paycheck was badly needed and by giving it back you showed someone else that there really are still some good people left in this world.
Who knows how many lives you touched by that show of honesty.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something happened   Something happened EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 10:51 pm

Thank you ever so much, Dee. You kind words struck a cord on my heart. I nice sound to hear in this messed up world. I need to remember this cause I'm sure someone will start the rumor I stole the check and cashed it, ect. ect. I need to stay in touch with the positive.

Speaking of mailing something, I picked up several brochures on Orlando and places to go. I would love to go for an air boat ride. I never have and always wanted to. I'll get these in the mail to you as soon as I can.

Say, I worked out at Disney today and as I left, I looked up in the sky and a plane had sky-written, "Please love God." I thought it was so neat to see.

You are just the best friend in the world to me. I can't wait till we get together.

The hall rewarded me today and let me work the pet show I wanted to work. I start in the morning. Let me know what pets you have and I'll share some of the perks.

Well, it's bedtime and I want to read on the forum some more. I'm so glad you are here. All of us sort of herd together to keep each other safe. Thanks for the beautiful picture and your message.

Love,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Sat 20 Mar 2010, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something happened   Something happened EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 10:01 am

Barbara,
Over the last couple of years our pets have dwindled down to only the one cat. He is Kris cat and the only reason we were able to get him where we live is due to Kris' counselor doing the paper work to be able to claim him as a Therapy pet.
Since getting the cat Kris has done so much better with his anxiety. He still has attacks but not nearly as often.
Thanks for your thoughts. It is good to be back
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something happened   Something happened EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 9:08 pm

I just read this. I got sick and didn't do the pet show. I did do a B.J.'s Wholesale Club show and have a bunch of stuff I'll bring with me for when I see you.

I'm going to watch television for a while. Desperate Housewives comes on in a bit.

Talk to you later. I did try to call you today. It's gotten late and I know you probably don't feel well. Get some rest. Know I love you.

Take care,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Something happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something happened   Something happened Empty

Back to top Go down

Something happened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Non-drug related.-
Jump to: