Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi Everyone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 11:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've got in from work a while ago and beat. Today has been a challenge. I'm getting chills and just feel like I'm going to run away with myself. Then I'll have a talk to one of you guys in my head and forage forward. You don't know how much you all do for me. I'm tired now and going to bed. God bless all of you cause you are so special to me. I'm home tomorrow. Oh, I didn't make it to the foot doctor. I just didn't have the energy. I did go to work and made it home. I can only do so much. I rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Nite nite,
Love,
Barbara

Last edited by nannamom on Wed 17 Mar 2010, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

Hi Barbara, I am sorry your not feeling well and you are right you can only do so much. You are stronger than me. I don't know if I could even make it out of bed. You are doing great! If things get too bad for you I hope you will call your doctor. He or she might be able to treat some of the withdrawal. At least your tire enought to sleep. That would drive me crazy if I couldn't sleep. I hope your furbabies are doing well and hopefully we will hear from you soon. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone Angels16

Hello Ms. Barbara!
Sorry to hear that your having a rough go of it right now, but please keep in mind what we were discussing about the roller coaster ride & that you will make it to the next moment. I cannot even begin to understand what it would be like to be off of it completely, but you are remaining strong & brave & I sincerely commend you for your strength!! Try to keep smiling, knowing that "this too shall pass.."

Much Love to you,
Bethy Hi Everyone Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 8:45 pm

Hi Beth and everyone,

I went to the dentist today expecting to have the remainer of my teeth pulled (seven) and new dentures put in. They took x-rays and the doctors looked in my mouth and x-rays. She said she wants to fill the two cavities of one is questionable. She said she would pull the one tooth is it wasn't fillable and I would have to wait up to a month for my new partial. I was so dissappointed I wanted to cry. Now I have to get back with my insurance to see if I can find a doctor who will do what I want. I was so ready to face the pain and have it over with. This only adds to my anxiety of everything in general. Thanks for letting me spill my misery.

I know each of us have our own trials going on. I feel for you and wish I could do or say something to make it all better. I know after the pain comes the pleasure even if it's slow to come. I'm making it one day at a time.

I'm working tomorrow to start another show. This is keeping me focused and making me get up. Once I'm at work, I'm okay with waves of nausea that come and go. My friends at work who know what I'm going through are making sure I eat and cover for me when I need to go rest.

I'll close for now with my love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

Hi Barbara, I really feel for you with the teeth thing! I been losing mine little by little. I need one pulled now but I keep putting it off. Anyways, I hope your days get eaiser for you. Please rest and take care of yourself. Talk to you soon.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010, 9:51 pm

Hi Cathy,

I put the teeth thing in file thirteen for now and plan to search for another place to go. I thought more about what went on that day. I looked around on the floor, (dirty.) The cabinet tops were wiped clean, but in the back where bottles of this and that were, you could see settled dust. On the sevice tray, right on the edge was a a mudge of that pink stuff they make impressions with. I don't think I want to go back there. I just need to take my time and find a better place. The old me would have not noticed or cared, but now I deserve better treatment. Oh, the worst thing was the mirror on the wall was dotted with with whatever was flying around while someone was getting their teeth done. I think this was a hint of what would come later if I went back. I'm going to ask to be led to the right place. What do you think? Am I being difficult?

I'm glad you related to me and gave me your concern,
Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 2:35 pm

Barbara,
Sorry to interject, but as you know, I was a dental assistant for 11 years & if I went into a place like what you just described, I would be running as quickly as possible to check out another dental office!! Especially when having teeth pulled because if you get infection, it leads directly to your heart. Meaning if someone came in with an abcessed tooth (infected), we could not just pull it out for them. They had to first go onto antibiotics to prevent any infection spreading so quickly to the heart. Not trying to scare you, but I am so glad that you noticed your surroundings enough to see the filth & get the heck out of there! And if that is the effort that is being put into the office, who knows about the quality of what they are putting into your mouth???
Again, sorry to jump in like that, but good choice on not going back!!!!
Love you,
Beth Hi Everyone Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 11:01 pm

Thanks Bethy,

A girlfriend at work told me about a real nice place which is in our plan. It's a few more miles to drive, but worth it.
You can interject any time you want. I value your opinion and I agree with everything you said.

This is short, but I just got in from work and starting a new one in the morning. A pet show! I'm so glad. As I told Dee, I'll share any of the perks I get at the end of the show. I'll need your address in an E mail. I'm going to see if I can get some clothes for Dean's cats. Can't you see his huge cat in a tu-tu?

Nite for now.
Lots of love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 12:49 am

Hi Beth and Barbara, I didn't know that an infection can go straight to your heart. Now I know why I was put on anti-bio. before my tooth was pulled. I just thought that the dentist wanted the extra money for another office visit. Beth, I have a question for you. Do I need to stop taking asprins before I have a tooth pulled? That is the only pain reliever that I use. And Barbara did you end up going to what I call a (retail dental chain)? They are cheaper but as you noticed they can be pretty dirty. Those kinds of places tend to rush people in and out.

Well I hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 9:55 am

Cathy
I'm sure that Beth will be along to answer your question about the aspirin. But I did want to add what I have been told. Aspirin thins the blood so if you plan to have any procedures done it is best to discontinue it until after the procedure.
That is what they had me do before I had the biopsy done. I was taken off all aspirin ( I take it as a thinner for my heart) and also ibuprofen. I really hated stopping the ibuprofen as it does work on the back pain that I have. But when faced with the risk of bleeding or pain, I choose the pain.
Beth is absolutely right about the infection going into your heart. Any dentist who is willing to pull a tooth while you have an abscess without putting you on an antibiotic first should be looked into.

Barbara, when you made your appointment for you dental visit didn't they ask you on the phone what it was that you wanted to have done? They should have told you when you made the appointment they would not be able to pull your teeth at that time and give you dentures at the same time. Do you remember how long it took Deborah to get hers done?
I am glad that you decided not to go ahead with that dentist. It sounds like you would have walked out of there with more that you bargained for.
The new place, do they specialize in dentures? It sounds like this is the kind of place you want to go to and not somewhere that will try and talk you out of what you want. This is your mouth you are talking about and you are entitled to have what you want. After all you are the patient.
I hope you are feeling better today and know that you are in my thoughts.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 10:58 am

I HATE THAT! I was just getting around to wrapping up a post to Barbara, Cathy & Dee and I accidentally hit "that button" again. It totally kicks me of the web, therefore what I have had written is now gone! I'm sorry to be ranting & raving, but it was a good long post!!!! Hi Everyone Icon_evil On this computer, "that button" is placed directly beside my arrow buttons, therefore anytime that I use my arrows, I have to be sure to make sure that I don't accidentally hit the next key over... I have literally tried to welcome Leslie on 3 seperate occasions & it happened EVERY time, as well as just little messages, nothing big, but it's GONE! The button is just placed in a very bad spot on my computer & I couldn't figure out what was causing it for the longest time?!? As well as the keys being very sensitive, so I can type more quickly than on the home computer.
Anyways, I am sorry because I have been complaining about my posts being lost in cyberspace & here it's me, kicking myself off the web, therefore off the site, there go my post!
To now actually respond very quickly- sorry... Cathy, yes, you definately need a round of antibiotics before coming back a few days later to actually have the tooth pulled and/or if you do take a blood thinner. They should have told you to stop taking any type of blood thinner & when the infection clears up & you have it pulled, to even wait a few days (until the blood clots enough to be more solid & not continuing to bleed) to restart taking the blood thinner. If tooth infection gets into your bloodstream, especially if you are on thinners, it will just go directly to your heart even more quickly. I don't know of a dentist who would ever risk that, so if someone comes across "that dentist" get up & run!! Just like Barbara noticing the office that she went into. Be picky, as much as possible, I know, but like above mentioned, YOU ARE THE PATIENT! You should get what you want, not what they say you want.
Dee, how are you feeling today? Is your fever still up or any change with that? Are you still running a temp & feeling so cold? I know that you will, but keep a close eye on yourself & don't try to be a "tough guy" if you are not feeling right, get yourself checked out if need be. Just so much better safe than sorry. I hope that you are just feeling tons better & have warmed up some!
Gotta close this up for now, but you are all in my constant prayers, as well as Deborah. We truly need each other ladies! At least, I am sure that I know that I need all of you!!! Hi Everyone Herz
Much Love & Strength to us all!!!
Beth
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:46 pm

Hi Ladies, Thank You Beth and Dee for that important info. I do Have a bad tooth that acts up every now and then. I think the next time its starts hurting I'll call the dentist and ask him to call in an RX of antibiotics before I go in to have it pulled.

Barbara, I hope you are feeling better day by day.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:07 pm

Hey my wonderful friends,

I did get to a new Podiatrist today, a lady doctor. The first thing I noticed was she had Christian rock music playing, which calmed me right down. If this puts anyone off, please look over; this is my beliefs only. She did a good job of trimming the callous off my foot and gave me a shot of Cortizone. There isn't any pain and I only limp because this is what I've done for over two years. I'm sure once I'm working, (tomorow evening) I'll get the hitch out of my get up.

I'd like to read and reply in some other areas. Oh, I still haven't found a decent dentist in my insurance plan that also takes Medicare. I'm sure I will. Things are still hard to do. With you guys and help from above, it will happen.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 11:55 pm

Hi Barbara, I am happy you finally made it to that doctor. That shot in the foot must have really hurt! I just hope you find a good dentist now.

Are you sleeping well now? Are things getting better everyday?

Talk to you soon. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 10:33 pm

Hi Cathy,

I logged on just to answer you. You were so sweet to ask about me and wish me well. My foot is much better. I'm still working on getting a new dentist. I've been working from show to show and with just a fifteen minute break every two hours, it's hard to look. I'll get a day off and will take care of it. I'm still low on energy and have to have my friends at work take up my slack, but it will work out someday.

I must get in bed and get my rest for tomorrow. I'll be working through to Sunday and maybe Monday if we don't get it all done.

Thanks again for your concern and sweet words. You take care and know I appreciate you.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 12:01 am

Hi Barbara, I am just checking in on you to see how you are feeling. I know you have been busy working all weekend. I hope you have Monday off to catch up on your rest. I really hope you are feeling better. Talk to you soon.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Non-drug related.-
Jump to: