Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello to all!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobaboey

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Hello to all! Empty
PostSubject: Hello to all!   Hello to all! EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

Hi, My name is Bobby and have been on suboxone.for sometime now. For me it has been along battle with adiction. Since ive started on suboxone i havebeen off pain killers longer than i can remember. I came across the forum trying to find help with my medication cost, iwish i would have found this helpful site sooner. Will post more when i have some extra time. I have a 2 and a half month old daughter and she want her daddy Hello to all! Herz
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Hello to all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to all!   Hello to all! EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:44 pm

Hello to all! Th_dol10

Hello Bobby,
My name is Beth & I would like to help answer your question about receiving some possible assitance. First off though, I would like to say hello to you & that I understand your situation quite well. I have three children. A 14 yr old daughter, a 3 yr old daughter & a 2 yr old son. I am also on Suboxone & have been since May 2008. I know the financial strain that it can cause, especially if you are uninsured, as I currently am. I just want you to understand that I truly do know what a struggle this can be. I even attempted to go off of them 2 Halloweens ago, only due to the cost. But the overall cost was better for me to go directly back onto them. (went off on Friday & was back on by Tuesday) But as most Suboxone tablets (8/2mgs) cost nearly ten dollars a tab, well you know how fast that can add up! Anyways, being on them for nearing 23 months now, I have thus far received one months assistance from RB. The problem that I kept running into was that every doctor already have those spots filled. (but I did put my name on the "waiting list") So, I want you to understand that the way I ended up having to do it was to call doctors to see if they were accepting new patients & did the doctor, firstly, did he/she participate in the program? (some won't because they do not want to have drugs in their offices) Then secondly, ask if the doctor has a spot available for the Rx Assistance Program through the makers of Suboxone, Reckitt Benckiser. The drug company will actually allow every Suboxone Provider who sees the 100 patient limit to have 3 patients on their Program, which means that Reckitt Benckiser will give the doctor enough free medication for 3 of the doctors patients, whatever amount they are on. I have actaully just recently had to change doctors myself for this very same reason. The steps are fairly simple.
1.) Doctor needs to request application on your behalf from Reckitt Benckniser.
2.) You need to fill out your part of the application, including a 2009 tax documentation
3.) Return it to your doctor & he/she will need to fill in your prescription amount, his information, signature & DEA #, etc.
4.) It can also now be faxed rather than just mailed, so your doctors office needs to fax (or mail) it to them.
5.) Recknitt Benckniser will review the application to see if you are approved & if so, they will let your doctor know that the shipment of your prescription is being processed & that he should be receiving it soon.

So, Bobby, that is how I have recently been able to qualify for it, but I did have to change doctors & will have to make a near two hour drive each way when I was only doing a 45 minute trip each way previously. But honestly, I am ecstatic about it finally happening! I do want to let you know that this is only my story, laymans terms, so to speak, but I will also include the information on Recknitt Benckniser so that you can get your situation underway!

Reckitt Benckiser information:

Reckitt Benckiser Nurse Phone Line:
For questions and information about Suboxone,
The makers of Suboxone Reckitt Benckiser have a nurse phone line that you may call.
(877)782-6966
The Nurses are available Monday-Friday. 9a.m.-6:45p.m.
They are closed on weekends and holidays.

I then just encourage you to start calling doctors to see if they have an available spot on their patient limit & that they do participate and when you find the one that does, get your intake appointment scheduled ASAP! I have learned from experience though that you should definately ask these questions upfront before making any more pricey appointments & then finding out!?! I learned the hard way! Anyways, Bobby, congrats on your recovery as well as your precious new daughter! Great job!! It says alot about you as a person to want to be in recovery for yourself as well as your child. God bless you, Bobby! I hope that I helped out in any possible way. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask away. That is what we are here for...
Also, please keep me updated on how your situation is working out for you, as I would love to hear how you are getting results or if there is anything holding it up for you that we could possibly help you through?
Good luck Bobby!
Again, great job on your recovery & your fatherhood!!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Hello to all! Herz
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Hello to all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to all!   Hello to all! EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 3:05 pm

Hello to all! Angels12

Hello Bobby!!
It's me Beth again. How are you doing today? Hopefully enjoying your weekend with your brand new baby girl! Hello to all! Herz What is her name? (just being curious..)
Did the steps that I included in my first post help you out whatsoever with your financial assistance? I should have also included the link to our website where the entire process is laid out for you in full detail. I just want to remind you that the post that I sent to you was how my experience went for me to be able to get onto the Assistance Program, like I mentioned above, "laymans terms" as to my own situation. So, I wanted to follow up & include the link that leads you directly to the website that includes all details of the Program.
So here goes.. http://suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/84.html
I really encourage you to take a look at the website, as it is full of accurate information on the Assistance Program & will include many more details than what I did on the overall Program, qualifications and further information on the process, as well as being able to lead you to phone numbers or websites that lead directly to Reckitt Benckniser, the drug company that is the makers of Suboxone. I hope that you will decide to take a look just to get as much information as possible on the topic.
Please do keep me updated on how this all is working out for you & if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Hello to all! Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hello to all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to all!   Hello to all! EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 12:41 am

Hi Bobby,
I'm Barbara and just wrote a whole long post to you and it went God knows where. Basically I said to hang in there. Work it and don't let it work you. I also mention you going to your family doctor to take the course to prescribe Suboxone. Stay with us and lets work this out together. Don't give up because something good could be right around the corner.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello to all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to all!   Hello to all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello to all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: