Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Nauney

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 12:27 am

Hi Nauney, I just wanted to leave you a quick post to welcome you to the forum. My name is Cathy and I been a member here for awhile now. I am sure the others will welcome you once they see you are here. I been on Suboxone since August of 2008. I been addicted to pain pills all of my adult life. Since August of 2008 I have not relapsed not even once. Which is a hugh feat for me. I notice that you were signed on earlier. I hope you found what you were looking for. If not you can always post to Dee. She runs the forums here. We will try to help you out as much as we can. I look forward to meeting you. Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 1:07 pm

Welcome Nauney Rainbo11

Hi Nauney,
Welcome to The Light At The End of The Tunnel. It is great to see another person join us. How are you doing? Is there anything we can do for you or do you have any questions that we may be able to help you with?
Are you currently a Suboxone patient or are you thinking about starting Suboxone? Either way we are glad to have here.
Please take a minute to settle in and make your self at home, when you are up to it please tell us a little bit about yourself. Being able to share what is gong on in your life is part of the beginning of your recovery. In the beginning I know it is hard to open up to a group of people that you have never met. But I've found that being here on the Internet it is somewhat easier for some people. You don't have to deal with walking into a room full of stranger that happen to look your way when you walk into a room. Here we are all the same. No one is better than anyone else. We have all been there and we have all traveled the same dusty road. Welcome to The Light At The End of The Tunnel.
I look forward to meeting you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
nauney

Female
Number of posts : 1
Humor : Love to laugh!
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 1:39 pm

Hi EverybodY!
I noticed how nice you are so I thought I would come out of the woodwork! I just got out of detox and then 2 weeks of rehab on Friday. I'm on Suboxone for the first time and I thank God for it! I'm somewhat concerned that the dosage is a bit too much and I'm thinking to cut it back a tad. I was on 8 in the a.m. and 4 in the p.m. This morning I just took 6 and then I'll maintrain the 4 for a few days and cut it back to 2. Am I nuts? I was feeling a little squirrelly, even after being on it for 2 weeks, but I noticed that you guys advised that the squirrels will get better???
Another question and then I'll tell you a bit of my story...
Is there such a thing as a safe OTC sleep aid? I don't want anything, of course that will react with the Suboxone!!! Believe me, I have the stupidest story to tell you about using ALCOHOL the first night I got home. What a dummy...didn't take the warnings seriously, thought I could sip a bit...NO!!!!! I was SO sick yesterday. Now, I figure it was God's way of showing me that He seriously does not want me to drink and I could easily be on the way to a cross-addiction with alcohol. So, I'm done with that!!! Going to an AA meeting today or tomorrow.
I am 56 and have always loved drugs. My most recent thing was Norco and Xanax. I had been addicted to coke way bak when and had treatment for that and then I had a nice period of sobriety and then later, of course, I "didn't need it" and I started messing around with pain-killers whenever I could get them I was on them pretty steadily for the last 2 years. I am really having trouble typing!!!
I am very glad you guys are here!! I am going for an assessment for Out-Patient this afternoon. Don't have to go back to work until the 18th!!!
I want to know about you guys but I don't want you to have to retype your stories!!! Is there a place I can access here that would tell me about you?
And this is a "protected site", right? I mean, other folks cannot somehow find out who we are?
Thanks so much for having this site for folks like me, always learning the hard way!!!
Nauney
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 9:28 pm

Hi Nauney,
I want to address an important topic before I go on. This forum is part of Suboxone Assisted Treatment and Medical Assisted Treatment of America Inc. We are a non profit 501(c) (3) Organization. We do not give out or sell any information about our members. Your email address that you used when you registered is also confidential.
We are HonCode certified ( Health on The Net) and are required by the same laws as your provider to keep your confidentiality.

We do have a section here on the forum for Suboxone stories and you can find that here: Suboxone Stories
Not all of our stories are posted there but if you read through the forum you will see that as you read you will learn more about each one of us. We have shared so much of each other with each other.
It is great to have you posting.

Are you taking Suboxone as a maintenance medication or are you taking it to detox off of the opiates. I know that you were in detox but the dose decrease that you described sounds like you are tapering yourself off of it.
Getting yourself into a self help group is a good idea. While it is true that Suboxone has been said to be a miracle drug it works best when in combination with continuing education, counseling and sober friends.
You are not alone when you say that, you are always learning the hard way. That is how most of us learned. We tried to do recovery many times before but the only problem is that we kept doing it the same way. Our way. Finally we learn that our way is not the right way.
So it was time to try something else. And here we are. I'd like to be able to tell you that things will be easy from here on out, but that wouldn't be true. You will still have some good days and you will have some bad days, but soon the good days will way out number the bad. As long as you continue to be honest with yourself and work hard, & put your recovery first.

About your does, yes, it takes time to settle in on your dose. Sometimes it takes a couple of months. The best thing to do it to talk toy our provider about it. If he/she thinks you should decrease your dose, they will if not, give it some time. It took some time for you to get to where you are now and it will take time for you to feel that sense of normalcy.
Okay I will let you get on with your reading of the forum.
If you need anything let me know I will be more than happy to help out.
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 10:34 pm

Hi Nauney, I just replied to your PM. You mention you needed a sleep aide. My Suboxone Doctor put me on Seroquel for sleep. It is a very low dose 25mgs but that is enought to put me to sleep. I would ask your Sub. Doc. about what you might be able take since your doctor knows everything that your taking and there will be no chance of adverse effects. I don't know of anything over the counter off hand. I really should look into that myself just incase I want to stop the Seroquel. I hope you are having an enjoyable evening. Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:18 am

I really am sorry that I missed that one. I can tell you that Melatonin is a really good sleep aid and yes, you can get it over the counter. It does not contain Diphenhydramine the active ingredient that is in most over the counter sleep aides.
Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine. I don't know about all for you but I have found that I cannot take any of the antihistamines, they leave me really groggy the next day and give me a really bad case of restless legs.
Melatonin can be found at most drug stores as well as a lot of the natural remedy outlets.
There is a thread here somewhere with tips in it for getting to sleep. I'll see if I can locate the post and give you the link. Hot baths work sometimes, along with white noise, aromatherapy candles, and some chamomile tea is also a good one to try.
I hope this helps out some.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 9:12 pm

Welcome Nauney Angels11

Hello Nauney & Welcome!!
My name is Beth & I apologize that it has taken me this long to welcome you to this precious forum! I am very happy to see that you have decided to become a member here, as well as posting a little about yourself, I look forward to getting to know you better! As Dee & Cathy mentioned in their above posts, this is a great SAFE place to come to be able to vent your feelings about your addiction & recovery, as well as myriads of other topics. Are you planning on remaining on the Suboxone for maintenance or are you using it short term just to taper off the opiates? I am also a Suboxone patient & I have been on it since May 2008. I have tapered my dosage quite a bit throughout that time period, but I plan on continuing to remain on it for maintenance. At least still at this point...
I would normally have quite a bit to say to you about visiting our websites that have tremendous amounts of information on both Suboxone & Methadone, but as Dee & Cathy both informed you of these sites, as well as telling you about this very special forum,I just encourage you to take a look at the sites, as well as reading the stories of other people's struggles & successes! The links to both websites are beneath Dee's name, as well as Barbara's & mine. I really do look forward to chatting with you more to get to know you better & how you are doing with your recovery. Please let us know how those "squirrely" feelings are going for you, if they are letting up whatsoever or no?? I hope that you are beginning to feel better & better each day!! Hope to talk to you soon & again, welcome aboard Nauney!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Welcome Nauney Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Nauney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Nauney   Welcome Nauney Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Nauney
Page 1 of 1