Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In regards to generic Buprenorphine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

In regards to generic Buprenorphine Empty
PostSubject: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 11:30 pm

Hi Dee, I tried to reply under your post about generic Buprenorphine but I wasn't allowed to post there. Regarding the generic Buprenorphine I don't think to many doctors in my area will be writing out RX's for that. The DEA has been coming down hard in this part of NY. They are going to all the doctors and clinics in this part of NY checking all the Suboxone providers out. They are saying that to much Suboxone is on the street now. My Provider told me today that they are checking her records now. She does everything by the book but she is worry about the other providers and the people that are selling them on the street. She told me that if the DEA has enough anmo that Buprenorphine and Suboxone can become a class 2 drug. That means most of us will have to go to our provider everyday to be dose just like Methadone. So another words a few bad apples is going to spoil it for the rest of us.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Cathy
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 10:51 am

In regards to generic Buprenorphine Streng11

Cathy,
I had wanted to respond to your post because I am having these same thoughts that you are my friend. Not necessarily having to go dose daily, but that the DEA is most certainly "cracking down" on the Suboxone Providers. Mine had mentioned the very same thing a couple of appointments ago. As well as the fact that the generic that is available right now is Subutex, NOT Suboxone. It does NOT have the naloxone in it as of right now. Which I am sure that I don't have to tell you the abuse potentials due to that. Even now, after being on the Suboxone for all the time that I have been, I still would NOT switch to Subutex. Somehow, I can learn to abuse an aspirin, therefore, most definately will NOT risk my opiate maintenance on the IN-PROPER medication for me. In regards to generic Buprenorphine Icon_idea
I really hope that it does not get as bad as what you are thinking or being told by your Provider. But I know that you are correct in saying that the DEA IS looking further into this epidemic of opiate addiction & the maintenance medications that are being used to treat this horrible addiction. I wish that they would spend more time looking into the makers of such drugs as Oxycontins, Fentanol (?- spelling), even just plain old Vicodin & Percocet. As well as some very horrible drugs out there such as Fiorinal with Codeine, or Fioricet (with or without codeine) which has several different addictive additives put into this one pill. I encourage you to look this one up to see what I am speaking about. And the DEA is worried about Suboxone hitting the streets? In regards to generic Buprenorphine Fresse To me, it feels as if they are focusing on the wrong drug hitting the streets. In regards to generic Buprenorphine Suspect What do you think? I would like to hear what everyone has to say or thinks about this possible upcoming situation that we may end up facing due to being on the Suboxone. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! In regards to generic Buprenorphine Icon_exclaim
Cath, thank you for bringing this topic to the board, as I feel that it is a very important discussion.
Love,
Beth
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 7:55 pm

I have to say that I agree. In the area that I live in, not too many doctors will be prescribing the new generic version, because of the lack of Naloxone. The reason for the Naloxone was to deter IV drug users from abusing Suboxone. But to be honest, if a drug user want to abuse this or any other drug they will figure out a way. My counselor told me that he has heard of people still injecting Suboxone, the result is not favorable to the user but it is done none the less.
I like the fact that the new drug is so much cheaper than the original but in order to use it a doctor has to feel comfortable in prescribing it. And I honestly don't think that will happen.
Suboxone is getting a "bad rap" In regards to generic Buprenorphine Icon_cry people are dying and it is in the news daily. But what doesn't seem to be the focus of all these articles it that most of the overdoses are caused by people mixing their Suboxone with other drugs.
I have a feeling that soon we will be in the same situation that the Methadone patients are in. Everyday more and more people are speaking out against Methadone, a drug that when used properly saves lives everyday. I know it saved mine.
In regards to generic Buprenorphine Icon_question I'm not sure if given the chance to switch if I would or not. That is something I would have to discuss with my provider if the topic ever came up.
My provider has like Cathy's, mentioned the DEA going over records and keeping an eye on providers to see how much they are prescribing.
I too hope that it doesn't come down to them changing Suboxone to a scheduled ll drug. for now all we can do is wait and watch.
Dee
In regards to generic Buprenorphine Moon10
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Auntie C

Auntie C

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 4:28 pm

I just wanted to take a minute to clarify some information in the original post.....Of course we all hope that suboxone doesn't move from a schedule III drug (the DEA classification) to a schedule II -- but please know that even if that does happen, it does not automatically mean that you will have to go in daily to dose as is the practice with methadone.
The main difference between Schedule II and Schedule III is that scripts written for IIIs cannot have any refills attached.. and require a hard copy, written prescription every 30 days....(no called in prescriptions/refills). Drugs such as oxycodone and morphine are Schedule II, for example.

So really, the biggest difference is really just a matter of convenience......
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 12:38 am

Thank you Auntie for pointing that out. I missed it when it was posted above.
Cathy, Auntie is right. The next time you see your provider can you ask her why she said that about the patients having to go and dose everyday is suboxone is place at a class ll drug. How did she come to learn that little bit of information.
As Auntie said, There are other medications that are a class ll drug. And they can be prescribed in a doctors office just without any refills and with the hard copy of the prescription.
There are some doctors now that don't allow themselves to put refills on their Suboxone prescriptions but for now that is their own personal preference.
Thanks again for posting Auntie.
Dee
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 5:30 pm

Hi Dee, I am getting confused here. Maybe my doctor was trying to instill a fear of God in me. The only question I have is what class is Methadone in? I know methadone can be rx in a doctor's office for pain but if it is used for addiction you have to go in everyday for your dose and my doctor told me that Suboxone could end up being dose in the doctor's office daily if the DEA sees fit. I guess what I am trying to say is if Methadone is a class II than why do addicts have to get their dose on a daily bases. I think I am missing something here. I see my doctor in 2 weeks and I'll ask her again. Anyways, Auntie C, Welcome to the forum and I hope to talk to you soon.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

Cathy,
This is a sticky one and it doesn't make any sense to me
To your first question, Methadone is a class ll. When Suboxone was allowed to be used for the treatment of addiction it was allowed to be written from a doctors office. From the get go.
Methadone was not. It is all in the wording.
I thought the same as you did. So I went to my expert. We all know who that is.
I asked Deborah about it. She told me that since it was written for Suboxone to be used for the treatment of addiction from a doctors office that is the way it would stay.
Methadone on the other hand was not.

In my personal opinion, I think it is all stupid. Plain and simple. But nothing is simple is it? Methadone is a medication that works great. It has saved many lives. It is a lack of education on both the patient side and the doctors side that is causing a lot of the problems.
I ran across an article on Methadone education and the lack of yesterday, I will see if I can locate where I put it and I will post it. It was interesting reading. And even though this forum deals mainly with Suboxone patients we still have a few Methadone patients that have not migrated over to our Methadone forum.
Cathy I will continue to look for more information so we can all further out educations into the subject.
And auntie, If you have any information that you wold like to share please feel free to do so. It is always better to reach out and accept information as it is offered rather than to dismiss what is offered.
Enjoy your day
Dee
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 12:53 am

Thanks Dee, for making this alittle easier to understand. I am looking forward to reading that article on methadone. I think it is wise to learn about suboxone and methadone. I am sure that there would be some people who are on suboxone and somewhere down the road they might need to switch to methadone if they end up with chronic pain that suboxone can't help with. Suboxone does help control my pain. There maybe people out there that need something stronger for pain relief.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In regards to generic Buprenorphine   In regards to generic Buprenorphine Empty

Back to top Go down

In regards to generic Buprenorphine
Page 1 of 1