Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome prittykit999

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome prittykit999 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome prittykit999   Welcome prittykit999 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:21 pm

Welcome prittykit999 WelcomeToTheGroupkpo

Hello prittykit999 (cat) and welcome to the Suboxone forum; The Light at The End of The Tunnel. It is indeed a pleasure to have you join us.
To those of you who have never met our newest member, she is a member of our Methadone forum. A Flicker of Light in The Dark. She was also one of the guests on our monthly radio program this last Monday. For those of you that may have missed this months program, I'd like to encourage you to listen to the playback. For more information on the radio programs please visit the Moderator Announcements of the forum.

Cat, if you have any questions about Suboxone please let us know. We will be more than happy to do what we can to help you find the answers you are looking for. Barbara Rue and Beth are the other moderators of this forum and I'm sure they along with some of our other members will be along soon to welcome you as well.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome prittykit999   Welcome prittykit999 EmptySat 17 Oct 2009, 4:21 pm

Welcome prittykit999 File0015

Hello Prettykit999 (Cat!)
How are you doing today? Has your weekend started out well? I apologize that it has taken me this long to get over to say hello & welcome you to the forum. I know that you are quite active on the Methadone site & I am very happy to see that you have joined over here as well. My name is Beth & I've just gotten done relistening to the radio program from Monday night. You have come so far. If I heard correctly, you have been in recovery for over 10 years & I just want to commend you for your hard work and for remaining so strong throughout your journey. You have so much to offer to others who are just beginning their own journies of recovery. I am currently on Suboxone & I can exactly relate to what you said about had it not been for finding a maintenance medication, I would not be alive today to even talk about it. We are the fortunate ones who have been blessed to realize we have an addiction & to know that we could NOT remain sober if we did not have that maintenance medication, as we had tried so many times before to quit on our own, only to fall further down each time we relapsed. I know that there is such a misperception about trading a drug for a drug, but as we both know, I am not even close to being the same person that I was while using. The addictive behavior goes away as you are maintained physically to not be sick. It is hard to explain to someone who has not walked through those shoes, but I know that you already understand how different we really are because of these such medications. Are you planning on remaining on the Methadone or do you ever consider going off of it? For me & the Suboxone, I think my answer would be a solid "I don't know!" Welcome prittykit999 Suspect What I do know is that my brain is not ready yet, so I will therefore remain on my Suboxone until I feel sure that I can & will be able to handle the feelings that I have battled without any meds. Welcome prittykit999 Icon_idea Does that make sense? I am not going to rush myself through & put a "time limit" on myself & when I "should" be fine without any medication in my recovery. We are all so different & used different opiates for different lengths of time for different reasons. There is NOT a set time limit on when your brain is "healed" so to speak & no doctor should be able to say that a person "should be ready to go off them" without the patient feeling comfortable with that situation as well. I have not had very good luck with finding a good provider that quite understands this concept. In fact, I just have not had any luck with finding a "good" provider at all. The doctor that I am now seeing is horrible. I hate having to go there & the way that he speaks to me is truly untolerable. Yet, he has me by knowing that I NEED him to provide my medications, so he can say & act however he wishes & I have to tolerate it. (if I want my meds) It is truly a horrible situation to be in, but as I mentioned, my brain still needs more healing time, so it is what it is. Yet, I will always continue to look for a better, more compassionate doctor that actually cares about his patients & how they are feeling & dealing with MY everyday living. The doctor that I am now seeing tells me that these are not his problems. I know that it is not his problem, it is MINE, but isn't that what he is there for? Isn't that why we see these doctors to begin with? Because I DO have a problem that I need his help with. It is terrible that they can hold your meds over your head to have to do whatever they say is necessary when they don't even take the time to know what my individual situation is... Because in his eyes, I am just another drug addict that he has to deal with. He doesn't care about reasonings or individual circumstances. That makes it even more important to educate ourselves about our disease & the medications that are available to help keep it in remission.
Anyways, I am sorry that I tend to ramble when I have so much to say. It just keeps on coming... I have very much respect for your dedication to your recovery & I really am happy that you have become a member here so that I can get to know you better. You did a great job on the radio show! I had felt so nervous to go on there & tell about my history, but after it's all over, it made me feel proud of myself. I hope that it made you feel proud to be able to share your story to possibly help someone else who may have heard you that cold Monday night.
Again, it's my pleasure to welcome you to The Light at the End of the Tunnel & I really look forward to getting to know you better Cat! I hope that you are having a great weekend & staying warm. We are actually predicted snow for today. Welcome prittykit999 Icon_eek Already.... I know that Dee loves it, but we haven't even't had fall yet. I live in Ohio, so you never know what the weather will be like here. It could snow today & be in the 70's by tomorrow. Where are you located? It seems like our members are spread out everywhere, yet more towards the Eastern time zone. Anyways, rambling on once again, Welcome prittykit999 Icon_wink have a great weekend! Look forward to talking to you more soon.
Yours in Recovery,
Beth Welcome prittykit999 Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome prittykit999   Welcome prittykit999 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2009, 11:02 am

Hello Prittykit,

I'm so glad to see another member has joined. Please feel welcomed to post and let us get to know you. Someone is always on line. I'm more at night because of work, but I'm off from work today. Dee and Beth are here and available most of the time. Hope to hear from you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome prittykit999   Welcome prittykit999 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome prittykit999
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: