Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Thoughts and Prayers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female
Number of posts : 9
Humor : great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-10-08

My Thoughts and Prayers Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyFri 09 Oct 2009, 1:03 am

I just wanted to say good night...this is a wonderful web site and I am looking forward to spending time here everyday. A thought of mine....

"The light at the end of the tunnel may seem miles and miles away to me but I finally found the road...and the travel I have to do on this road are the crossroads of who I will become...stopping along the way to build friendships, gain knowledge on who I was and why, and to become a healthier, happier, person."

by Michelle for "The Right To Live & Love Again"

goodnight my new found friends...may you have peaceful dreams, and wake to a bright day. My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyFri 09 Oct 2009, 10:01 am

My Thoughts and Prayers Th_32710

HI Michelle,
Good morning to you!  I wanted to thank you for your responses & words of wisdom that you have shared with all of us who need it.  I really enjoyed your "The Right to Live & Love Again" passage that you placed into your post.  I hope that there will be more to come, as that was very well written.  You have found the proper road to get you to where you want to be.  To where we all want to be, as we are all still on this journey..  And friendships are made here every single day, as I look forward to becoming your friend as well.  By you just being here opens up the door for you & myself & anyone else to find those friendships.  They are here, I am witness to this personally, as I have met my very best friends here.  I look forward to continue to getting to know you better as well.  I am so glad that you have made the decisions that you have recently made, the changes you are making are the proper choices, but it sounds as if you already know this because of your sister!  Thank God she walked you through the process & now here you are, on your way.  Tell her thanks from me too!  As well as your daughter! 
We are so happy that you have made it here!! My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_cheers 
Please continue to vent your feelings & share.  You'll be surprised at how much just talking about an issue can help to resolve it.  As Barbara has once told me oh so long ago that "a problem talked about is a probem half solved!"  She was exactly on the money, honey! My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_idea   Don't carry all of that burden on your shoulders alone- that's why we are here, to help you carry your baggage or throw away what you no longer need.  I am always here if you need me, as are the other special members of this forum.  Dee, Barbara, Cathy, as well as so many others that will step up to the plate when you need any sort of help.  As well as the fact that you will have the opportunity to be able to help others by what you have gained.  A perfect start would be your other sister.  "Keep on keeping on..."  My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_wink  Have her come check this place out as well.  She needs reasoning to have the ability to stop.  By you showing her that you could indeed do it, as well as your other sis that helped you get on the right path, maybe the two of you could also talk to her.  Let her know that she is capable of exactly what we are doing & accomplishing.  I also ask a favor of you, would you please let your sisters know about this forum as well? (if it doesn't interfere with what you have to speak about)  I just know that there is success in numbers.  I could have never done this alone.  I cherish this place & the special members here.  It's like a second home to me.  And everyone on here is full of love, support, encouragement & friendship.  We all know what it's like to walk in those shoes, which really helps you not feel so alone any longer.  Again, I am so glad that you have made it here Michelle & I really look forward to getting to know you better.  I hope to hear from you again soon!
Love your friend in recovery, My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_cheers Great job Michelle! My Thoughts and Prayers Star3 
Beth My Thoughts and Prayers Herz 
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 7:11 pm

My Thoughts and Prayers Blue_c10
Michelle,
Thank you for sharing those beautiful words.
I am proud of you and your sister as well. It would have been so easy for her to have given you some of her Suboxone to see you through. But she had the strength and courage to tell you no and provide you with the guidance that you needed instead.
You are right about the patient Assistance Program, if the doctor has 100 patients in his practice that are taking Suboxone he is allowed to have up to three patients on the PAP.
There is a pharmacy discount card that you can print out that can help to save some money on your prescription of Suboxone. The link to that website is:
http://www.superrxcard.com/
The amount that you save will depend on your area and the pharmacy that you use. I would call around to the different pharmacies in your area to see who is the cheapest to begin with. If you decide to use the card. You will have to take it along with your prescription to the pharmacy so they can plug it into their computer. That is the only way they can tell you how much you can save.
Last year, I lost my insurance for about seven months and had to pay cash for my medications. I used the card and was able to save about 70.00 per prescription.
Medicaid is some states does pay for Suboxone. Some state require a pre-authorization before paying for Suboxone. The only way to find out if you would qualify for Medicaid is to try and apply.
I know the cost of Suboxone is high, and I would hate to see you not be able to get your medications.
Please look into it.
Once again welcome "home"
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 12:24 am

My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_study Hi Dee...feels like I have been reading non-stop for the past 5 days...and you know...reading is something that I never really got into that much...I would get bored with it and go on to something else...there are a handful of things that I have noticed different about me the past 5 days...I seem so focused...like someone turned on the lights because I had them on dim! I did go and sign up for the prescription card you were telling me about...I am going to take what I believe to be the paperwork with me to my doctor on Tuesday to see if he can add another person...I think the nurse told me he had 2 patients on the program...but I am not sure how many patients he actually has. I am hoping I can find a way to save on the costs because I do know that my budget cannot cover the medicine for long...without slipping on other obligations. I consider this to be an obligation also...an obligation that will save my life so I will find a way...as the saying goes...where there is a will...there is a way! As I had mentioned my daughter helped me with the initial cost and I know that she would continue to help me if there were no other way...she likes having her mommy back to reality! I have been a little emotional today...can't really put my finger on what it is...have been thinking about the last few years and some of the choices I have made being messed up on pills...and it makes me wonder about so many things that I did...some that I know I wouldn't have done in the right state of mind. I feel like I want to get them off my chest but I don't want to bore anyone to tears. I really need to be thankful for some of my close friends and family...and I hurt them all in one way or another...not intentionally, things were out of control, and I am feeling really bad about one particular thing that I did...and I want to make it better but I can't...I will have to regain the trust I lost first and hopefully that person will see that I do love him very much. I have been doing so well on the Suboxone. I am so glad my sister stood tough and made me go see the doctor...that was one of the kindness acts that anyone has shown me in years. I know that she has had a hard time with her treatment. She is doing excellent on the Suboxone but she is taking other medicines for other things as well. She started to sleep walk recently and she has never done that before. She can fall to sleep just about anywhere and I wonder if the combination of medicines she is on is causing this to happen. I know I should be more focused on myself right now but I worry about her...I just thought about this but she very well may be one of my triggers...when she is stressed, I feel stressed also. Anyway...the things I have discovered about myself these past few days are mind boggling (I think I spelled that right). I have stuck to my walking 2 miles every day...and although my legs are feeling it...I am proud of myself for sticking it out...it gives me energy. I am very VERY determined to get my mind and body back into shape...I am determined to continue to educate myself on this disease and help anyone I can with my own experiences. Seriously, I have not talked from my heart in such a long time...and boy, does it feel good. I appreciated your reaching out and touching my heart with your kind words...your helpfulness...and I do feel at home. Well, my eyes are telling me to go to bed...so I better listen. Good night Dee and thank you again...your wonderful. My Thoughts and Prayers Icon_cat
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 11:50 am

My Thoughts and Prayers Bffhan10
Northerngirl
Your words have touched my heart. Reaching out is probably one of the hardest things to do while in recovery. You are right though. Your recovery has to take first and the rest second.
I do know what you mean about the reading. When I first discovered the websites, I read non stop myself. And there are some days that I still do. Deborah has posted so much helpful information, that I'm sure it will take me years to get though it all as there are literally thousands of pages on both websites.

I am proud of you for your determination to get into shape. I too walk, but not as much as I should. I am glad to hear that it may be a possibility for you to get onto the Patient Assistance Program with your doctor. He should be allowed three patients if he has 100 patients taking Suboxone. Once on the program you are allowed to be on it for up to one year. Your sister may be one of your triggers, talk to her of your concerns about her health. It may be a combination of medication that is causing her to fall asleep or it may be a medical reason. Encourage her to talk to her doctor. Let her know that you are there for her just as she has been for you. This is a opportunity for the two of you to get back that bond of sisterhood. My sister is the person who led me into recovery by telling me about Methadone.
I stayed on Methadone until I switched over to Suboxone 3 1/2 years ago.
We have all hurt people in our pasts, but we have to learn to forgive ourselves for what we have done. We can't let it keep us from moving forward. As much as it may hurt now, in time your family will see that you are a different person that before. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.
I want to encourage you to post as much as possible. One of our moderators has a saying that she uses and has passed down to the rest of us. It is "A problem talked about, is a problem half solved" And she is right. It may not solve your problems immediately but getting it out into the open can help to make you feel better. A lot better than holding it in. Counseling is also a wonderful tool in recovery. Suboxone can take care of the physical aspects of addiction but counseling can help with the emotional baggage and help you to sort out part of what led you here to begin with.

I never though much about counseling until the last few months. I had tried it in the past but always ended up with counselors that weren't willing to listen to what I had to say. Only what they wanted to say to me. I even had one counselor tell me that I was the aggressive person and that my husband was the passive one. Knowing that he was abusing me when ever he had the chance. Go figure.
I have been fortunate to find a wonderful counselor that I new see once a week. And that has made all of the difference in the world. I am learning that I am not the person I thought I was.
Please keep posting. We are here for you.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 11:36 pm

I just love talking to you Dee, you always make me feel better...and your words encourage me. Dee, I am really starting to feel good. Not only inside but out! I have more energy...I feel like my mind is clearer to deal the everyday happenings in my life. I do have those moments...but for the most part I have been able to talk to myself and handle it without thoughts of taken a darn pill! Others are even noticing the difference in me. I had a girl that use to work with me...she hasn't seen me in about 2 months...she came into where I work today and she said "Wow you look great, what are you doing?" and "Your hair looks so long and pretty"....I haven't heard compliments out of anyone in months! The only thing I have changed is #1 I don't take vicodin/mophine/or whatever I can get my hands on or alcohol anymore!! and #2 I am walking everyday. #3 I wake up without the worries that I use to wake up with every day of my life. I felt 10 feet tall and bullet proof after she said that...it totally made my day. Dee, do you have any kids? My kids have been very supportive. They all knew I had a problem with drugs...I don't think they knew to what level it was. I have talked to all 4 of them since going to the doctor and they are glad that I am seeking help. I was thinking about going to a counselor but I don't know if I am ready for that step yet. I feel very comfortable talking on the two forums I belong too...so for now I am going to focus on that...is that the right thihg to do? Well I have to get up early tomorrow...we actually got snow today...it didn't stick...I am not looking forward to the bad roads...the snow I love. I will talk to you soon...thanks for talking....it sure helps. Sincerely, Michelle
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 10:14 am

My Thoughts and Prayers Hello_13
Michelle,
If your not ready to talk to a counselor that is up to you. Although I would keep that option open. It took me many years to find one that I am comfortable with. If you are more comfortable in talking on the forums that is okay. But keep in mind some of the forums out there are not as supportive as they say they are. There are some out there that start out being in full support of you and your decisions but somewhere along the line change that role of support to one of "when are you going to get clean"
I'm not saying that all of them are like that so don't misunderstand me.

We are glad to have you here with us and I can promise you that we are a complete support forum. No ifs ands or buts about it.
You mentioned your friend and what she said to you. I can imagine that she noticed a difference because there IS a difference in you. It may be one that you don't notice yet. I'm sure that you are smiling more, and that you re just about glowing. You are happy now. The stress of taking your next pill is gone. Be proud of yourself, I can't say that enough. It is important that our families are proud of us. But you are the one that is doing the work here and give yourself the credit.
Every morning when you wake up and look in that mirror tell yourself, "I am proud of you Michelle!" When you take your walks take in the things that you haven't noticed before. I take it from your name Northerngirl that you are from up north somewhere. Are the leaves changing. Notice the colors. I'll tell you my favorite thing to do, I love to walk in the newly fallen snow. I can't wait for the snow to start to fly this year. I love it when the noise of everyday life is muffled by the snow and all you can hear is the snow falling, everything is completely white and fresh. Sounds like a fantasy doesn't it.
Go start your day, I need to check the Methadone forum and websites. Enjoy your day and smile often.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 12:25 pm

Yes this forum is a godsend to us we have found a place to be safe from the outside world. A place where we can share the good the bad the ugly and not be judged. I so glad that I found this site and all it has to offer ..It has got me thinking about a lot of things .
I live in Portland so I wonder if if there is a group for suboxone users here..If there is not how to start one .Also how to get more info out to the people here in this city and surrounding areas..AS Dee as said we are a courageous lot ..As for me part of my recovery shall be to use part of the time that I was out hurting others to helping others ,,giving back .. Any ideas from anybody here would be of help to me..

Thank you again to all of you
Kimbo
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 7:39 pm

My Thoughts and Prayers File0014

Kimbo,
You have made some great points about recovery & its true that you get what you give. It helps me to remain in my recovery to see others who are where I was & to be able to reach out & help them make changes to better their own lives. Even when I am in the worst sort of spirits, it always makes me so happy to see another member that has joined us on our journey. And as a newcomer, its hard to just open up & spill the very worst things that you have done in your life to others that you don't even know, but once you actually do, how refreshing & how lightened I felt when I took my next few steps. It made me want to share more, to know more, to open up & allow people to know that I was no longer alone with this horrific disease of addiction. We have all done things that we don't want to admit to ourselves, but to take the lumps for your mistakes & learn from them. You wouldn't be who you are today if it were not for making these necessary changes. It is so sad how many people suffer in silence because they believe that they are a "bad" person because of the actions that happened due to using. That is not who you are defined by unless you do not make those changes. The definition "addict" flies out the window & in comes "recovery" in which lies hope & a future. While using your only future is how to get your next "dosage"- whereas now you no longer have that worry of how, where, how much, what time, is he coming?!?! A huge relief is instantaneously lifted from your shoulders & soul! Then comes the time to repair what you have torn apart. It takes time to rebuild trust & communication with all the people that we have wronged, especially when we are married or in a serious relationship. How many times did we lie to that person that we love? How many times will it take before they walk out the door? And you know that it's not because of what we wanted to do, which makes the self loathing even deeper. We have to re-prove ourselves, especially to ourselves & our loved ones. Yet, this can be done & is done every single day. By living each day without regrets is the only way to make that foundation strong again. Then, after time & after an accumulation of days of living without regrets, we begin to rebuild our own sense of self esteem & self forgiveness, thus turning the tables on whether or not our loved ones can or cannot forgive our actions because we have now forgiven ourselves. Kimbo, its easy for someone to say that they forgive you, but it is all in their actions & if you are now treated with the respect that you do deserve for all of your hard work. I notice small things that still bother me & know that it wouldn't be happening if I hadn't done what I had done to create this, but I try to just keep plugging along. If you get your head through, your "butt" will follow. We do have to be proud over small accomplishments because everything does not get fixed overnight.
I would like to commend you for joining this forum & opening up, sharing & hopefully getting something back from it. I know that is what it has done for me as well as many other special members. You learn from others that have been in your shoes, just as I do from the friendships that I have made here. I am so happy that you have joined & are participating in the discussions & throwing out ideas & what has or has not worked for you. You never know who you are going to inspire to want to do the very same things that you did to get where you are now. Recovery, my dear friend! Thank you for your support & the friendships & welcomes that you are inspiring new members with by just taking the time to respond to their needs. I have so much faith in your recovery due to your determination & true desire to stop living that lifestyle. I say "Kudos to you Kimbo! and Thank you!"
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth My Thoughts and Prayers Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 11:24 pm

Hi Michelle

Sounds like you have found you way through the mire and some rays of light are shining in. Kudos to you. I'm Barbara and here to go to Hades and back for you as has been done for me. I'm in prayer your prayers will be answered swiftly and in ways you have never experienced. Each day I realize in my mind things are a little easier and nicer. Welcome to our family. As we grow, we become stronger.

Kimbo, I have gone down to the emergency rooms of the hospitals here and been able to talk to the addicts who come in next to death and I planted words of hope and hope they will really hear them one day. On a full moon is a good time. Give what has been given to you and more will be revealed to you. Just walk the good walk and others will follow as they see the light in your life and in your eyes. Work hard to better yourself for we are only as good for other people as we are for ourselves. You are on the right road and the right place to have a life you have only seen from afar. I know because I have been there. I admire how you have gotten involved and welcome you to continue. Thank you for sharing yourself. I'd love to hear your story and more about you. I should do the same.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 11:23 pm

Hi everyone...just wanted to check in and say hello and I hope everyone is doing well. I have been feeling good...better than I have felt in years. I am so glad that when I am feeling lonely that I can come here and read...I find strength here...and that means the world to me. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend...God Bless...p.s. it will be one month of treatment on Nov. 3rd... My Thoughts and Prayers Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 12:39 pm

One month is a great milestone and you should be very proud of yourself. I know that your family must be. I often wish so many times that I had heard of Suboxone way long before I did. Although If I had I'm not sure I would have listened. I'll never know.
I am glad to see that you are coming back to read. When your up to it & ready I'd like to see you share your story under our Suboxone Stories topic. When I was still early in recovery I remember searching the Internet for stories of other people that had made it. Being able to read those stories encouraged me more than ever.
Enjoy your weekend and keep coming to post.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

My Thoughts and Prayers Haveag10
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers EmptySun 01 Nov 2009, 3:00 pm

My Thoughts and Prayers Fallco10

Hello NorthernGirl,
It's me Beth & I also just wanted to jump in & also congratulate you on your one month milestone. My Thoughts and Prayers Herz That is exactly what it is, a series of stepping stones, which turn into longer & longer lengths away from the life that you used to be living. You are NO longer that same person. You have chosen recovery & have turned your back & walked away from THAT person. That one that you totally despised & wanted to change more than anything. For now one entire month, you have done just that!! I just wanted to let you know that I am very happy for you, as well as proud for you!! Have pride in yourself for these accomplishments!! Thank you for sharing it with us, as we know how very hard those first months really are. Not so much with the physical part of it, but the mental part of, okay, what do I do now? I really do hope that you will continue to come onto here & post & share with us how things are really going for you. Again, congrats & hope to hear back from you soon NorthernGirl!!
Love,
Beth My Thoughts and Prayers Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts and Prayers   My Thoughts and Prayers Empty

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts and Prayers
Page 1 of 1