Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New here Okiegurl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
okiegurl

Female
Number of posts : 1
Humor : love to laugh @ everything even when not appropriate! oops
Registration date : 2009-10-08

New here Okiegurl Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here Okiegurl   New here Okiegurl EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 9:42 am

I am new here. Just started my sub yesterday. This is my second go of it. My hubby is not supportive, and I am on the verge of a major cry fest. I need friends that understand. I feel like i am noticing all those things in my marriage that i have been numbing out. thanks
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

New here Okiegurl Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here Okiegurl   New here Okiegurl EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 10:17 am

New here Okiegurl Butterflyani

Hello Oakiegurl,
Hello, It is good to see you posting so soon after joining us.
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. We have two other moderators, their names are Barbara Rue and Beth.
Both of these wonderful ladies will do what they can to make you feel at home.
Please don't let your husband thoughts overwhelm you. You have taken a very big step in the right direction.
Welcome to recovery!
You mentioned this is your second go of it. Do you mean your second try at taking Suboxone? Or your second try at recovery? It doesn't really matter. What matters is that you here now. Recovery isn't something that you can just jump into and say hey this is it. It takes a lot of work.
What is it that your husband is saying to you? Please don't be nervous, I only want to try and help you.
I want you to remember something, You are not alone. We are here for you and we do care about you.
We are proud of you.
If you need to cry, go ahead and cry. Get it all out. Tears have a way of cleansing our souls and giving us a little peace. There is nothing wrong with crying.

In the beginning of treatment I have found that a lot of family members are not in favor of treatment, that is mainly due to lack of education about Suboxone. They don't understand and they think that we are "Trading one drug for another" But that is not true.
Addiction is a disease of the brain. And like any other disease it cannot be cured. It can only be manged and for many of us the way we manage our addiction is through medication and counseling.
Does your Suboxone provider require you to attend counseling? Suboxone takes care of the physical aspects of addiction, but we still have the emotional baggage that needs to be dealt with.

Right now what you need is support, and we are here for you.
You said this is your second day of treatment. Wonderful! ow is it going for you? How is your medication working for you? Do you have any cravings or are you having any withdrawal symptoms? Suboxone is designed to do two things, eliminate cravings and minimize withdrawals.
I will close this up for now and wait to hear back from you. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let us know.
Welcome to the family oakiegurl!
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

New here Okiegurl Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here Okiegurl   New here Okiegurl EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

Hi Okiegurl,
It's Beth & I wanted to let you know that I also sent you a welcome post as I hadn't seen this one from Dee yet. So, when you see another post that says welcome to you, my user name is bfye, you'll know that was me!
Sorry to confuse you. Again, welcome home my friend!
Yours,
Beth New here Okiegurl Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

New here Okiegurl Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here Okiegurl   New here Okiegurl EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 9:06 pm

Hi Okiegurl,

It's been proven less men stay with their wives than the women who stay with their husbands after an addiction. The recovery doesn't seem to make any differance. I guess it depends on what went on and if they really love each other. I went threw my husband kept on using after I quit and he lost his get high buddy. It was hard and a lot of love faded and was lost as days went by.

Honey, you have a lot of support here with us. You have got to find your own strengths and hang on to them. Please keep posting.

I'm Barbara. one of the moderators and will help you all I can. WE all will.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New here Okiegurl Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here Okiegurl   New here Okiegurl Empty

Back to top Go down

New here Okiegurl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: