Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

northerngirl62

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 5:53 am

Hello Northern Girl,

Welcome and glad to see you have taken this big step to join our forum. I'm Barbara, one of the moderators. Beth and Dee will be with you sometime today. Make yourself at home and if you have any concerns we can help with,please let us know.

I'm off to work now and will be back in around six. I'll check back in on you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: Re: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 9:54 am

northerngirl62 Securedownload-1

Good Morning Northerngirl this is Dee and it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope things are going well with you in your recovery. we are here to help you in any way that we can. Are you currently a Suboxone patient? Or are you in the planning stages of recovery? Whichever the case may be let us know if you have any questions.
I understand that it can be difficult to come on here and talk to people that you have never met before, but let me assure you that we do care about you.
We are the genuine article so to speak. When we tell you something, we mean it.
I want to assure you that "The Light At The End of The Tunnel" is a genuine support forum.
We are not here to judge you nor will we ever ridicule you for anything that you say. Recovery is a step by step process, it is not something that happens over night. There will be days that you will feel like your on top of the world and there will be days that are not so easy.
I have been in recovery for 7 1/2 years now and no two days are the same. Although I must say the good days out number the bad days.
We are all different and still the same in so many ways.
When you have a moment I'd like to hear about you and how you came to us. Please feel free to read the postings of the other members and comment when you see something that interests you.
Please, if you haven't already done so, visit our websites. They are a wealth of information. Deborah created the websites for the purpose of educating people on the subjects of addiction, recovery, Methadone and Suboxone. The links to both websites are at the bottom of all of my posts.

I am looking forward to talking with you northerngirl.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: Re: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 1:41 pm

northerngirl62 Gold_s14

Hello Northerngirl62,
Welcome to the forum! My name is Beth & I wanted to welcome you to the best forum on the web! I am currently a Suboxone patient & have been taking it for around a year & a half. I can honestly tell you that I believe it has saved my life! It was my last hope. Are you also currently on Suboxone or Methadone? Or thinking of beginning either one of them? I really encourage you to look into these miracle medications that are saving people's lives everyday. (if you have not already done so) I imagine you must know some about Suboxone to join this forum. Can you let us know a little about yourself & what made you decide to join? Are you doing okay or are you struggling these days? I can tell you that the longer that you are off of those opiates, the better you will begin to feel. As your brain heals itself, you will notice & feel the difference of how well you really can feel without the opiates in your life. That's really hard to believe when you are on them though. Yet, as you read through the posts & testimonials of all of these members that are here saying basically the very same thing, there must be some truth to it... Over & over you will read how this miracle medication has saved their lives. I hope that you will open up a bit & let us know where you are in your addiction or recovery. I really look forward to hearing from you again soon!
God Bless You!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth northerngirl62 Herz
Back to top Go down
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female
Number of posts : 9
Humor : great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-10-08

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: Re: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 11:41 pm

Hi Barbara, Dee and Beth,
Thank you all for writing...I feel very welcomed...and already feel in my heart that this is going to be a wonderful place for me to be.
I just started the treatment with Suboxone on October 6th. I have already experienced how wonderful this medicine is...being in moderate withdrawal the day I went for my first doctor visit. I need to thank my sister for sitting down and talking to me about my addiction and convincing me that it was time to do something positive about it. THANK YOU SIS! My sister is also using Suboxone, for nearly a year now. I have another sister that don't live near me that has addiction problems and she has yet to reach out for help. She has those around her convinced that she is clean...but I know in my heart that she isn't...being a pro at it...I can see right through her...and she is only fooling herself...as I did for years. I love her all the same and hope that soon she is pointed in the right direction. My whole point of telling you about my sisters is I am still scratching my head as to how 3 sisters all have ended up with the same addictive personalities? It just makes me wonder why?
Anyway...I have been using prescription drugs for over 20 years. The first few years it was here and there...nothing drastic...and I could stop without to many symptons...but as the years went by I slowly but surely became very addicted...from Tylenol 3's in the beginning...which I don't think I ever was truly addicted to those...they made me tired so I stayed away from them unless it was the only thing I had to use...my main pill was vicodin for many of the years...then adding morphine to the routine...recently the morphine was something I couldn't get easily so I basically went back to just using vicodin.
Couple weeks ago I was getting low on my pills...I knew I would run out and I was freaking out abou it. I called my sister knowing that she had the Suboxone and asked her if I could please get a few to get me through to my next refill on my vicodin. She was not happy with me but told me to come over...when I got there I was crying because I was feeling bad about even asking her...she took me into her bedroom away from the others in the house and she said we are calling my doctor to set up an appointment for you...so you can get the help you need...I of course fought her on it...but she said she wouldn't help me if I didn't do it. I agreed and we made the appointment. We sat in her bedroom that day for a few hours crying...I poured my heart out about all that was going on in my life. The day of my first visit she couldn't go...she was going too...but work changed for her. I was going to cancel but she refused to let me. I said fine, I will go. The hour and a half drive that day was the longest drive I have experienced...I was nervous, scared, in moderate withdrawal, and had no clue what to say to this doctor that didn't know me. I called my sister on the cell and said I can't do it...she said yes, you can...so she talked with me the rest of the trip and to the point where I was going into the front door. She assured me that the doctor was very nice and understanding...and she was RIGHT! I felt right at home...and the staff could not have been more supportive. I went through the evaluation and he wrote the scrip out for me to take to get filled...then I had to come back so I could be shown how to take the medicine properly. After I got back with the pills and took one...I almost instantly started feeling better. I sat there for 30 minutes...and by the time I left I was feel good....not great...but good.
I am so thankful for this medicine...and wish I would have seeked out the help years ago...but I can't look back I can only look forward and move in that direction.
Financially I don't know how I am going to do it...the initial appointment was $350 and weekly visits will be $100 until I get put on monthly visits. The Suboxone for 20 pills was $152. I was like holy cow....I do not have any insurance since my divorce...the cobra insurance was so expensive I had to let it go. I am looking into the assistance program with Suboxone but read that only 2 or 3 patients can get the medicine for free...per doctor that can subscribe the medicine. I am not sure if my doctor can or cannot get it for me but will ask him when I go back on Tuesday...I have printed off the information to take with me. This is the other sad part...my daughter helped me with my first visit...I make only $800 dollars monthly...have car payment, car insurance.....my boyfriend pays the rest of our bills...we struggle to put food on the table. My daughter, GOD BLESS HER, helped me out this first time...and I did feel bad about it because she just lost her husband to colon cancer...he was only 28 years old. She has two babies, ages 3 and 4. When her husband died she did get some money...her house was paid for...but she has her two children to raise and I shouldn't be taking money away from her....it is way to tough out there and it makes me feel bad that I have to depend on her. I do know now how much she loves me...she jumped right in there and said Mom, your worth every penny of that money...I don't want you to die and if you don't stop...your going too. I would spend my last dollar on this she told me. I love her so much...she has gone through alot with me.
If anyone would happen to know of any available programs I would love to hear about them. I am not on any assistance in the state I live...I don't think I qualify...and would they pay for this type of treatment anyways? I could sure use any useful information that any of you have. I need to be in this treatment...I am determined to do this some how...some way. I started walking yesterday....30 minutes....I am trying to put in place a plan for me to get better...I want to live...I want to be the person I once was...I have joined Here To Help and am keeping track of everything on the planner program they have...it is a really nice site also. I think I have read every page on there! My mind cannot get enough of reading about others and what they are doing to cope..etc...I really want to dedicate part of who I am to helping others once I figure I have something to offer...Wow...I am just rambling on here....and it is late...so I must get some rest because the past couple of night's I have not slept well at all because I have been clued to my computer reading about Suboxone....the communities, the forums..etc...so it's off to bed for me. I will be here daily...Someday I want to give back...right now however I have to focus on getting better....please give me any advice, information, etc that you feel I need to know. Again thank you all for your encouraging words....Michelle northerngirl62 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: Re: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 6:04 pm

Hello Michelle,
It is a pleasure to have you here with us. since this is your introductory post, I will post to you in the other section that you have already posted. But I did want to stop and welcome you once again.
You are most welcome here and I will do what I can to help you find the answer that you are looking for.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

northerngirl62 Empty
PostSubject: Re: northerngirl62   northerngirl62 Empty

Back to top Go down

northerngirl62
Page 1 of 1