Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wrecked my car

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

Oh gosh guys, I've been getting it from all sides for the past two weeks. Today on the way home from the vets after work, I stopped for a stop sign and continued on and a car came speeding out of nowhere and I hit it! I got a ticket for failure to yield. My car is a mess in the front. I had to get it towed home. I'm just sick. The guy told the cops I was drunk and blew the stop sign. I had a witness who told the cops I did stop and the car was speeding. I called my insurance company. They are going to send someone out to look at my car. I'm just sick, but I had to let you guys know I'm home. Did you have a chat today? Let me know.

Dee, I tried to call you, but something is wrong with your number.

I'm at home, so if anyone wants to write back, I'm here.

Love a bunch,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 9:14 pm

Oh Barbara- what a mess!
I am just glad that you are okay. I mean, I understand that you are most certainly sick about your car, but it can be fixed. I feel grateful that you are still well. wrecked my car Herz
But that does really suck- I'm sorry, this is about the very last thing that you needed right now on top of everything else. When it rains... wrecked my car Icon_evil I sure understand that, but it also does reverse itself. When good things happen, they happen in bunches as well. Your just beyond ready for those bunches, I know. Does your insurance company provide you with a rental car while yours is being fixed? Or does anyone from work live close to you that you can car pool with? I hope that you have some options for this situation. If not, we could definately come up with something.
We tried to have the chat session this morning at 9:00 as planned, but the forum was going extremely slow & skipping half of what was being said, while Dee mentioned that she was unable to even get onto the forum at all. It was Kimbo, Cathy & myself, but as I said, it was hard to follow because answers were not coming out in the proper order, etc. I never ended up hearing a time for a session for tonight, so as far as I know, there wasn't one that I am aware of taking place. Unless I just missed it, but I figured if that were the case, it should be in the archives, right? We need to set an exact time for when you will be available in the evenings & make sure to get the word out there of what time tonight's chat is going to take place. Especially if we know before the morning session, then we can announce it for the evening. I hope that it will work out. The only way it will is if we make it happen. You know??
Again, I am sorry to hear about your car accident, but am very thankful that you are indeed okay. I hope that your not too sore tomorrow. If you are, please take it easy with work, if you work at all. I know how you are about getting to work.
Take care of yourself!
Love your friend,
Beth wrecked my car Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 12:35 pm

Barbara
I am relieved that you are okay. But I can bet that you are very sore today. Please let us know how you are. You are in my prayers,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 9:42 pm

Hi Dee,
Thanks for being concerned. Yes, a guy from work is giving me rides to and from work right now. I only have basic insurance which doesn't provide a rental or fix my car. I found out today that the guy I had the accident with lied to the cops and said he had insurance with State Farm, buy they said his policy had expired. He lied on a police report. I'm going to court and plead no contest with an explanation and then take him to civil court. I got a ticket for failure to yield. It's hard to yield to a car doing sixty in a twenty five (residentual) mile an hour zone. He also lied and said I was drunk and I didn't stop at all. I have a witness who said I did stop and the officer said he could tell I wasn't drunk. The witness also said he was speeding. I'm going to rent a car as soon as I have a day off. I'm working again tomorrow, but I should be in by six on Thursday.

Thank you so much for your support.

I'm going to bed so I can get up in the morning.

Sending angels with my love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 9:51 pm

Hey Bethy,

I wanted to thank you too for your concern. No, I'm not sore. I think going to work got rid of being sore. I was up and down an eight foot ladder all day. I put up a metal inter-locking booth. I'm real tired though, so excuse me. I need to go to bed.

Hope you can make it on the chat on Thursday at seven o'clock.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 6:24 pm

Yes Barbara I will be at the chat on Thursday. I want to remind those who haven't yet had time to read the posting about the Chat, the chat link is:
http://s105988085.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=meRXWanc&channel=212470

That link comes from our Medical Assisted Treatment of America Inc. website. It is located under Methadone Talk.
See you on Thursday at 7.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyThu 08 Oct 2009, 5:41 am

Hi all,

Sorry I wasn't here for the chat, but after work there was a union meeting and didn't get in till late. I'm off to work again today. I expect to get cut from the show today and will be here for the Friday morning chat. I really need to talk off what's on my mind and you guys are the only ones who really understand what we go through when we are troubled. I hope you all have been well and in good spirits.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 10:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I did get my car fixed with a new hood, bumper and kick panels. The only thing is it's all red with the rest of my car white with a blue and orange Gator stripe across the car. Beautiful. I'll get it painted as soon as I can. I made out pretty good for $400. The other guy put in a claim with my insurance for $3500.

I just wanted to let you know I'm still alive. I go do the out on this last show tomorrow at two o'clock. I know I'll miss the chat tomorrow night.

I'm falling asleep at my computer, so I'm going to put it to bed.I miss you all.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 9:21 pm

Barbara
I am glad to hear that you were able to get your car fixed. Did the insurance cover it or was it something that you had to take care of. Either way, I am relieved that you are okay.
Your car can be replaced but you my friend cannot.
Get your rest and let us know how tings are going when you can.
Always,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

wrecked my car Watery10

Hi Barbara,
How are you doing? I am glad to hear that your car has been fixed as well, as I know that these such issues only cause more stress & even more money!! But I, like Dee, want you to know that YOU and your well being are priceless! I am very happy to hear that YOU are uninjured or even worse, my friend! wrecked my car Herz
God Bless You Ms Barbara!!!
Love,
B wrecked my car Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 9:53 pm

Hi Bethy,

Thank you for your kindness and thoughts of goodwill for me. This is one thing I've learned through out my life is to take things as minor even when I'm stunned or taken back when I so deperately need for things to go smooth.

I want to talk about the high I get with my job. It's a feeling of pride when the show is set and the attendees start to come in and are amazed how things look. It's hard to believe the place was bare concrete a few days before. I'm going to the convention center in the morning to start a new show. I am totally occupied with what's going on and don't think about my addiction or medicine. I've gotten to the place where how good or badly I feel isn't an issue. It's really a good feeling not to have my addiction in the fore front of my day. I'm worn out a the end of the day, but it's a good worn out. I've done something meaningful, not to mention being trusted with millions of dollars in merchandise.

I haven't been here in a while. It's not that I haven't thought of you everyday becuase I do. I want to get familular with the new people. I want to get to know them and share who I am, where I came from and where I am now. Today I can say I'm okay with me. This can change at a moment when least expected and with your encouragement in the past, I can be confident I'll be okay.

I'm so glad with the explosion of new people and how they have joined in with the rest of us.

As I close for the night I want to say thank you for all of the efforts from everyone. I wish the best to you all.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wrecked my car Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrecked my car   wrecked my car Empty

Back to top Go down

wrecked my car
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Non-drug related.-
Jump to: