Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dee's Schooling!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Dee's Schooling! Empty
PostSubject: Dee's Schooling!   Dee's Schooling! EmptyThu 20 Aug 2009, 1:18 pm

Dee's Schooling! Gold_s12 Dee's Schooling! Gold_s11

Hello to everyone!!
I had an announcement to make regarding Dee completing her schooling this week- she has finished all of her finals and has done very well throughout her courses!! I just wanted to let you all know how well she has done with the juggling of schooling, recovery, homemaker & moderator of this forum, as well as Vice President of the MAT forum. She's an incredible woman, sometimes I refer to her as SuperWoman, but she takes "no pats on the back" so to speak, as she just keeps plowing along! What an inspiration she is to anyone who actually knows of her & her story, as well as the love, compassion & empathy that shines throughout her posts to help others in need. See what I mean about SuperWoman?? Wink She is a wonderful friend & would be there for any of us in a heartbeat as much as she possibly could..
I am going to close this up, but did want to let everyone know how very well our Dee has done throughout her schooling!! Idea As well as everything else that she does in the meantime... I love you Superb job, my dear friend Dee!! Like a Star @ heaven You certainly deserve those "pats on the back" SuperWoman! cheers
Much Love,
B I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Dee's Schooling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee's Schooling!   Dee's Schooling! EmptyThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:38 pm

Hi Dee,

I'm so proud of you too. I wish I had the money, I'd send you a ticket to come down for a few days. I could probably pay for half of it and you wouldn't have to worry about anything else once you got here. You deserve a break. I'd love to meet you! My selfish motive is for you to help me with putting pictures on the forum. I've tried everything and still can't do it. I'm not working much, so I'd be home while you're here. Think about it, okay?

I've got to go feed the horses and start dinner. I hope you find your dream job. I wish you could visit before you find it.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Dee's Schooling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee's Schooling!   Dee's Schooling! EmptyFri 21 Aug 2009, 12:47 am

Hi Dee, Congrats! finishing school! Beth is right. You are a superlady doing all the things that you do. You are selfless and there is far and few people like you. I hope you take some time off to enjoy yourself before you head off in your new career. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Dee's Schooling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee's Schooling!   Dee's Schooling! EmptyFri 21 Aug 2009, 12:58 pm

Thanks Everyone,
It really mean a lot to me to have all of you in my corner. When I started the classes I did it because I was having such a hard time finding a job. I put in so many application, and had either no word back or when I did hear back I was told they had hired someone with the experience and knowledge they were looking for.
My dream job has not been created yet.
Well it has, but for me to do it in my area I would have to have a certification in Substance Abuse. And in all honestly I think it doesn't make any sense. How many people do you know that are "Certified" and have no actual knowledge of Substance Abuse other than what they have read in books? Most of them.
What is wrong with utilizing someone that has the experience from someone who has been there. I applied a few months back as some of you may or may not remember for a position as a Buprenorphine coordinator. that position required someone to work closely with the treatment providers (Suboxone) in my area to help people find treatment that is right for them.
I was told that because I was not certified in Substance Abuse I was not eligible for the position.
I had a reason for wanting that job. I didn't want anyone else to have to go through what did when I moved up here and had to switch over to Suboxone. Not be bale to stay on methadone due to lack of clinics here, I didn't know what to do or where to turn. I went to the ER when in withdrawal, thinking for sure they could help me. Bah Humbug!
The ER doctor gave me one dose of Methadone and told me that they did not prescribe it. Well I knew that.
Two days later I went back after talking to different people and having them tell me about Suboxone but they called it Bupes. The most they said was that we had a lot of doctors here that prescribed it. ( people I knew said that.) I went back to the ER two days later, after being without Methadone for three weeks minus that one dose a couple of days before.
The ER doctor wanted to admit me for Detox, but they had to get a crisis worker to okay it. The crisis worker came asked me a lot of questions and determined that since I wasn't violent or suicidal I did not need to be admitted.
I cried and cried. The ER doctor gave me the name of one doctor that prescribed Suboxone and the name of a residential facility I could go to. I called both number for days before reaching anyone. The doctor told me he had no openings. The treatment center said they would have a bed in one week. Another week to wait. I kept calling doctors from the phone book. I searched the Internet.
I found Medical Assisted Treatment of America on one of my searches which led me to the Suboxone Assisted Treatment website, and in turn the old Suboxone forum. I used the physician locator on the website and found a doctor that had an opening but I could get in to see her for a few more weeks.
I joined the forum, and decided to go to residential. I started my induction in residential and by the time I got out it was three days before my appointment with the provider. They treatment center gave me a prescription for three days worth of Suboxone to get me though until my appointment.
I know that I have typed this out before and maybe I shouldn't have gone into detail again. But I did want to share my experience with you.
If I can stop someone else from having to go through the same run around that I did. Then I will.
I thank god everyday that I was able to find the websites and forum. In all actually I am doing my dream job right here.
Working with all of you and trying to help the other people that don't know where to go or how to go about it is what I want to do. There will come a day that I will be able to help the people in my area.

Thank again for listening to me ramble. I have found that I have a passion for helping people find recovery, and once I start talking I can't seem to stop until I get to the end.
Having everyone come together would be great. Believe and it will come.
love
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

Dee's Schooling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee's Schooling!   Dee's Schooling! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dee's Schooling!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Open Discussions :: Non-drug related.-
Jump to: