Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

National Relaxation Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

National Relaxation Day Empty
PostSubject: National Relaxation Day   National Relaxation Day EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 6:45 pm

National Relaxation Day Att00110

Saturday August 15th is National relaxation day. To be honest with all of you I had never heard of it until I came across the article while browsing the Internet.
After reading it, I thought why not?
Everybody could use one day set aside to do nothing but relax. When was the last time you actually sat down and said "I AM GOING TO RELAX TODAY"?
I can bet that no one here on this forum has done that lately.
I know I haven't.
The society that we live in today requires that we are always busy and on the go. But it doesn't have to be that way.

How did National Relaxation Day first start?

National Relaxation Day was first celebrated as National Slacker Day in Britain in 2001 and has caught on in the United States over the past several years to promote leisure and wellness activities.
How can you take advantage of National Relaxation Day?
Here is a list of ways that you can relax:

 Take the whole day or part of the day off if possible. Sleep late. Lounge around the house. Just enjoy a lazy day.
 Read a good book. Watch a movie or TV Marathon of something you really enjoy.
 Spend the day in a place that is tranquil and relaxing. Suggested places: a lake, the beach, the mountains, or a quiet cafe.
 Spend time relaxing on your deck, patio or porch
 Let voice mail take your calls. Let your e-mails wait until tomorrow. Take a technology break. Revisit your connection with silence and with nature.
 Visit a spa. Enjoy a massage. Relaxation day is on a Saturday this year. Enjoy a weekend retreat in a serene place. Pamper yourself on relaxation
 Do not cook on relaxation day. Order delivery food or dine out. Take a break from ordinary, daily housework and yard work.
It really doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you relax and enjoy yourself and your family. Life is just to short not to.

Part of this article came from e-how.com
e-how.com
with credit to: The Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post
Posted by: Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

National Relaxation Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: National Relaxation Day   National Relaxation Day EmptyFri 14 Aug 2009, 3:22 pm

Hi Dee,
I was just reading about "Natonal Relaxation Day" & I love it!!! I don' know that I'll be able to get away with doing so, but I sure would like to try!! cyclops
I also wanted to let everyone know that the 15th is also Jessica's birthday!! She has plans of going to a water park to celebrate!! I thought that sounded so fun!!
I also wanted to mention that Cathy now has a year clean off of opiates!! Great job, my dear friend!! I love you I know that it has been a struggle, but its been well worth it!! I'm so proud for you. Can you believe it?? Shocked Cath, I am so very happy for you & your continued success in recovery! (as you already know, my friend!) Like a Star @ heaven
Hope that everyone has a lovely, RELAXING weekend & thank you Dee for letting us know about this wonderful new "holiday."
Love to you all,
B I love you
Back to top Go down

National Relaxation Day
Page 1 of 1