Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Revwarguard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Revwarguard Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyMon 08 Dec 2008, 4:48 pm

Well family it looks like we have another new member to welcome into our family.
Welcome Revwarguard, to our palce. My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators here. Take your time to look around and get comfortable. When you feel like your up to it, please tell us about you and if we can help you with any of your needs or you just need to talk, let us know. We are here most any time of the day. If I'm not here then Barbara usually is.
Again Welcome
yurs
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyMon 08 Dec 2008, 7:18 pm

Another welcome from me, Barbara. So glad you made yourself available to us and in hopes we will build strong bonds of recovery. Yes, we would love to hear from you. You are also welcome to come here for information and to read our posts. As Dee said, "We are here for you." Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyWed 17 Dec 2008, 10:18 am

Hi I'm Mez and I have no idea where to post on this thing. I hope I haven't jumped into the wrong thingo. I've just joined as I have been on suboxone for the past four months and am very slowly coming off it (2mg per month). I'm currently on 10mg and although I feel physically better I really need to start working on me. I'd love some pointers on how to get moving on this. Inertia has set in and I am fearful of change (as usual). It's comforting to see these words of support as I don't get much around home except from my hubby who is also on the program. I'm looking forward to reading more about you all. I need positive people to succeed. Cheers. Mez. affraid
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyWed 17 Dec 2008, 10:20 am

flower Oh. Welcome Revwarguard by the way. I hope you get some good stuff from this as well.

Mez.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyWed 17 Dec 2008, 11:23 am

Hello and glad to welcome both of you...Revwarguard and Mez. You have found the right place. I'm Barbara, and I've tapered my dose down to 4 mgs a day. We have a family of loyal and long lasting bonds. You can read over some of our past posts and see we support and care about each other. If there's something you want to talk about or express, please feel to be at home here. Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyWed 24 Dec 2008, 10:37 am

Hi Barbara Rue,

I thought you were having surgery on your foot Christmas eve but I have just read that it won't be for a couple of weeks. I am sorry you are having concerns with your heart. I have just done a 16 hour shift at our local E.D ward and had to nurse a patient who was having chest pains.

It is awful how staff can actually freak a patient out when they are worried about them and it must have been awful seeing the doctors and nurses quietly talking about you and your heart and not being able to be in on the conversation. It's always panic stations if someone has a funny ECG reading or there is the slightest hint of chest pain.

The good thing is that you are being closely monitored so that nothing untoward will happen to you. I hope you aren't freaking out too much and that this is all a precaution before you have your surgery.

I hope I don't sound like I'm talking rubbish here. Seeing what I want to say in writing leaves me feeling a bit insecure sometimes as I worry that people may think: "What the hell is this Aussie on about?"

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas Barbara. Am thinking lots of kind and positive thoughts of you.

Mez. X
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyThu 25 Dec 2008, 11:29 pm

Mez,
Never worry about what we may think about what your saying. You say what you mean and I love reading the different, Phrases that you say. We are fortunate to have you with us.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyFri 26 Dec 2008, 9:01 am

Thanks Dee. I'm afraid the English language certainly takes a battering in Frankston. geek
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyFri 26 Dec 2008, 1:29 pm

Hi Mez, I love Australian people, I was born in Derby, England...this kind of makes us the same nationality.I wanted to go see the movie, "Australia" but Mom was too tired. My Mother is from London and I have an uncle there who drives a black cab. Yes, it is scary about my heart. I wasn't so concerned till I've had a few days to think about it. I don't have chest pains, but I do have this heaviness in my legs and they ache. This could be from limping on my foot. I'm going to call my doctor as soon as I get off here. I will get back on and let everyone know. Thank you so much for relating to how I feel. So glad the holiday is over and things can get back to some normalcy. I have some thing to take back to the store, but not going to fight the traffic in the stores. Please post to me as much as you like, I love your Aussie attitude. I find it amusing. Well, let me get on with the doctor. Bye, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyFri 26 Dec 2008, 9:38 pm

Hi Barbara,

Oh dear, your English! now I am worried about my language skills. Only joking. My grandparents on Mum's side were English, I can't remember exactly where. My Dad's old's were from County Cork, Ireland. Mum's ma was jewish and dad's olds were catholic. You could just imagine the feisty convo's in our house. My dad always said we belong to the CIA.

Catholic, Irish and Alcoholic.

I hope your Doctor is taking good care of you. I'm praying for you. I've only started praying again just before I found this site. I prayed for willingness to change and about two weeks later all of you amazing people came into my life.

Needless to say, I am so glad to embrace my faith again.

Cheers, Mez. X
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 12:29 am

Mez, you are amazing to me and so glad we met. My Dad was stationed in England and a true Florida Cracker. You see in Florida, there was so much underbrush, you had to crack whips to get the cows out and they would use dogs. So I'm Jew, Seminole/Cherokee and alcoholic. I've been sober from alcohol for seventeen years last August. I sobered up and realized I hurt like I never knew and my arthritis started getting worse. My dad said we, well never mind. Faith is all some of us have left. I feel like this place is the last house on the block. My mind or body can't take much more. Don't get me wrong, I'm as strong as a horse. I don't know why they are harping about my heart, unless it's the money. Going to look around some more and go to bed. Rest good and wake up well. Cheers, Barbara
Back to top Go down
lisa

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 3:48 pm

Smile Hello everyone, I have been busy during the holidays, but it seems to be slowing down a bit. I love Christmas, but I am always so glad the hustle and bustle is over. It is times like the holidays that I am so thankfull that I have found suboxone. In the past (before suboxone) I would always have to worry if I had enough pills to make it through and if I didn't I could'nt function. I now take 8mg 2 times a day and it seems to be more than enough. I try to keep around 10 pills ahead, just in case I can't make my dr's appt. One day I hope I feel well enough to stop taking suboxone all together, but right now I kind of affraid to. I have been taking it now for 2 1/2 yrs. I was wondering if any of you know what is the longest anyone has ever been on it?? I hope to talk with you guys soon flower Lisa.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptySat 27 Dec 2008, 7:26 pm

Hi Lisa,
It's good to have you hear and have you posting. I was also ( I think most of us were) one of those people who would worry about having enough pills to make it through. It used to be that if I had to go to a family function I wouldn't make the plans to go unless, I was sure that I would have enough pills to get me through the day. I just couldn't go anywhere with out my stash. They (the pills) gave me an abundance of energy. I could do anything. But those days are gone, and I can now go places and not worry about what I have or don't have.
I also take 16mg a day. Right now, my doctor has me on 24mg temporarily as I was hit by a car a couple of weeks ago and she thought it would help with the pain. I didn't want to take any opiates, so she thought I could try a higher dose of Suboxone.
Your smart in not rushing yourself off of the subs, I have been on them for a little over 2 1/2 years. I don't really know how long I will take them, I haven't thought about it too much. But if I have to take them for the rest of my life, that will be okay with me. My life has done a complete turn around thanks to both Suboxone and methadone. (I was on methadone before suboxone)
I guess I had better end this now, before I end up writing a book, I tend to go on and on about the things I am passionate about.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 12:31 am

Just wanted to tell eveyone good night and welcome to the new people. I bet if we put all of our stories together it would make for a good support book for the one who don't know what to do. Come here and read our posts and you will find your way out. Yours in the srtuggle, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: How are you doing Lisa?   Welcome Revwarguard EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 5:32 am

Hi Lisa, hope you are having an ok day. Cheers. Mez. X

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 3:24 pm

Arra, isn't it funny how we carried on when we first met...it seems like a while ago.

Revwarguard, are you still around? I'd love to hear from some of the members we haven't heard from to let us know how you are here.I'm not nagging...just want to know if I can be of any kind of help.

Well, I'm here for the cheer, hope you didn't mind me bending your ear. Hey, an old Frank Sinatra song!

We'll be thinking of you.

Yours in lifes' roads,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Revwarguard   Welcome Revwarguard Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Revwarguard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: