Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
renee78

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-06

my introduction Empty
PostSubject: my introduction   my introduction EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 2:10 pm

as renee78.... really I'm here because of my doctor.. even though i tell him there's no how, no way I'd ever go back, he says i need this. I've been on suboxone for about 10 months, at first i had a crazy doctor who just let me loose with a huge bottle and let me think i needed 6+ 8 Mg's a day, and now I'm on 2 a day, and I'm fine, no wd's or anything along the way.. I'm not perfect, i have no excuses other than i f'ed up. i was what you call a functioning addict. on the outside at least. I'm glad it's the past, and looking forward to suboxone being the past also. but as you all know it's not that easy. so i continue to suck on these nasty pills....
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

my introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: my introduction   my introduction EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 9:03 pm

my introduction Black_10

Hi Renee,
The first think that I want to say to you is that there is nothing wrong with Taking Suboxone to manage your addiction.
I believe with everything that is me, that addiction is a disease and there is no cure. Taking Suboxone is no different than taking insulin for diabetes.
The longer that you are Suboxone the better your chances are for a successful recovery.
once in recovery there are so many things that we need to do. First we need to change everything about us. Who we hang out with, who we talk to on the phone and even where we take walks.
Anything can be your trigger. Learning what your triggers are is as important as taking your medication.
Education is also important in recovery. It is not a matter of will power. If it were none of us here of this forum would be addicted to anything.
I am glad that you have decided to join us. I hope that we can become friends and always know we are here to support you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

my introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: my introduction   my introduction EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 9:56 pm

Hi Renee,

It doesn't matter how you got where you are...just that you are alive and doing the best you can to be better in everyway. Yes, I'm tired of dosing everyday, but like Dee said, you do what you have to do in order to get where you want to be. I'm Barbara and have been around for about three years.

I'm so happy you posted and want you to feel welcomed and warmed to stay with us. No matter what you have done, you are safe here with us.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: my introduction   my introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

my introduction
Page 1 of 1