Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xxxoticaaa

xxxoticaaa

Female
Number of posts : 26
Humor : Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:) Empty
PostSubject: Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)   Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:) EmptyMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:04 pm

I am posting a recent inbox msg. that touched me and then my reply.

I hope she doesn't mind and I wll leave her ID out of this for anonominity but I just wanted to post an inbox msg. I recently recieved and my reply to it. This post shows that the people here truly do care and look out for one another.

Dear Lori,
I hope that you don't mind. But I wanted to write and see how you have been doing. We haven't seen you on the forum and a few of the members are missing you. They have read your story and wold like to see you come back and post. Just remember, we are here for you. I hope that you will decide to come and post
Yours In Recovery,***
My reply:

Thank you very much for your concern I am so glad to hear from you and am very honored to have people like you "MISS ME". That really brought tears to my eyes. All of us need to support one another, and remember that recovery isn't easy. That is for sure. I was up at my sisters house this past week, and I haven't seen her in almost 20 yrs. We were sharing stories and realized that our mother kept us from talking due to a variety of reasons. She would tell her I didn't want to talk to her, and vice versa. You have to understand that I'm adopted and there was a lot of jealousy in the family. Not to mention them just finding out about my brother molesting me at the age of 10 until I got married at 15 to get out of the house.
But anyway, I wanted some Vicodin soooo bad this week, I even did the unthinkable. I looked at all her pill bottles to see if any of them were some type of narcotic. Luckily she came in and then once more it happened, and I just told myself it's not worth it.
But it's so nice to be able to share these "truths" with people like you who UNDERSTAND! It seems as though my fiance' thinks I should be ALL BETTER now that I'm home and have been clean almost 8 months. He will never understand. He doesn't drink, do drugs, smokes, hardly a speeding ticket. So he is oblivious.
NANNOMOM, I thank you so much for your letter it made a bad day a good one, to know that there are people out there that care.
That is why I'm also going to post this on the forum. And to all of you have a nice SOBER day.
Lori

Back to top Go down
http://www.loris-song.com
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)   Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:) EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

Lori
You are a member of this family now. From the moment you joined until you decide to leave you are most welcome and we do care about you. We all share a common bond.
I feel so fortunate to have been able to meet all of you here. Through all of my using years I thought I knew what friendship was, until I found out what it really was.
I never really had friends, sadly they were only acquaintances, and bad business.
But now things are different.
I am really glad that yuor here, I hope that we will all continue to share and support each other as friends do. As we all know in recovery, having access to support can mean the difference between relasps and recovery.
Gald to have met you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)   Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:) EmptyWed 03 Jun 2009, 11:57 pm

Hi Lori,

I've had some bad moments myself and thought of the people here. I even have a conversation in my head with Nannamom and worked things out. I think people need loving the most when they deserve it the least. You just keep trying. It took a lot of guts to write down what you did and I'm proud of you.

My twenty one year old dog keeps pacing by me...he wants me to go to bed. He knows I need my rest. So I'll say good night and wish you well. Each time we say no to a pill, it makes us stronger and something good is waiting for you.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)   Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you all, you are all so SUPPORTIVE and KIND:)
Page 1 of 1