Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome vivalabob

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 2:10 am

Hi Vivalabob and welcome,
My name is nannamom or Dee which ever you would like to call me. It's always a great feeling to be able to welcome new members to our home. Take your time to look around and make yourself comfortable. When you feel like it, post and let us know a little bit about yourself. How long have you been on Suboxone? How has it changed yur life so far? Just remember if you need anything we are here for you.
nannamom

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
vivalabob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 2:35 am

Well my name is Bob, I'm from Kentucky, USA, I'm 30 years old. I was on pain pills for about 8 years before getting on Suboxone 9 months ago. I think it's really helpful for those who really want to quit but can't get past the withdrawls stage. Suboxone's made me a more resposible person and more trustworthy. I'll get more into it at a later date. This was just to let everyone get some sense of who I am.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 9:33 am

Hi Bob,
It's good to meet you. Congratulations on your 9 months into recovery.
I couldn't agrree with you more, withdrawl is probably the hardest things that I've had to go through. And also probably one of the reasons that many people today keep on using. They know what's up ahead once they decide to quit, a new life, without drugs and the possibility of living a normal life but, the fears and uncertainy of withdrawl can hold them back. But now with Suboxone, the effects of withdrawl can be down to a minimum.
I was tired of waking up every day and needing something, anything in my system to get and keep me going, but at the same time I had been through withdrawls before and didn't want to go through it again. Doctors and other professionals say that withdrawl is like having the flu. But I'd like to know what kind of flu there talking about.
Thanks for posting and when you feel like it, please post again. Deborah has created a place here for us to tell our story, maybe one day you'd like to tell us you story. But only when your comfortable.
Welcome
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 8:18 pm

Hey Bob,
I'm glad to hear from you. It always helps to build up my hope when I hear more & more stories of success. Great job on your nine months!
My name is BFye & I am also on Suboxone. I started it this past May. It is a "miracle drug" for me. I'd used opiates for so long that I didn't know how to go without them. I'm still dealing with the mental part of this addiction, but the Subs are keeping the physical withdrawls under control. For so long I never made it to the mental part, and if I did, it wasn't because I wanted to. Now, I feel completely different. I'm so thankful that this drug exists.
I'd love to hear more about how your doing. Keep in touch, BFye
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 11:16 pm

Good to have you visit us vivalabob. We welcome you with open arms and heart. We know how it is to get through this and we are here to share with you. Whatever you need, or questions you may have, we will share our lives and how we got through it. Nannamom is great with understanding how you feel and how to deal with issues you may have. We are all caring and here for you. Keep posting. This is how we grow by helping each other. Thanks for being here, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 11:12 pm

Hello again Bob,

I just read your last post and was wondering how you are doing on your recovery. I'm in hopes you are still working on it. I know Suboxone was the last hope for me and I hope you are finding success with it as well.

Drop in when you can. Really care how you are.

Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome vivalabob Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome vivalabob   Welcome vivalabob Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome vivalabob
Page 1 of 1