Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Paul M

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Paul M Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Paul M   Welcome Paul M EmptySun 03 May 2009, 10:49 pm

Welcome Paul M Mv04_b12

Welcome Paul M,
My name is Dee, I am one of the moderators of the Suboxone Forum, The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
It is a great pleasure to be able to welcome yet another new member into our family.
Please take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with the In's and outs of the forum. If you have any questions on how or where to post let us know and we will be happy to help.

If you have any questions about Suboxone, or concerns about your recovery we are happy to listen. We are always her for you.
Our members are like family to us, so make yourself at home. I look forward to meeting you.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome Paul M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Paul M   Welcome Paul M EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 10:56 am

Hello Paul,

I'm here to welcome you too. I'm Barbara, a moderator and mentor to anyone who joins our forum. After almost three grouling years I have made it in recovery as far as I see myself going. I'm in a good place and in reward in so many ways since I've joined this forum and followed it's guidelines. I have a few things that worked against me making it at all; a ratty liver and having Hepatitis C. My last liver check was fantastic as far as the numbers. I still have a problem with ambitition and just plain getting off my duff. I think I was born lazy and in another lifetime I was of royalty and was waited on hand and foot. I know how I want things to be, but just getting up and doing it is another story. I'm quite different when I'm at work...there's not a harder worker than me and I do it with the intent of doing a good job. Most recovered addicts are trusting and hard workers. We come to a place where we know there are repercussions for being dishonest and rewards for being above board. What we do in one place has a reaction to what happens in another. Then good deeds are sometimes not rewarded cause we are only doing what we should be doing all along and that's being a decent human being. All in all I would not trade my worst day of recovery for the life I knew before. It seems that person has gone away and I've become someone else.

I'd love to hear from you and let us share notes. If you have any problems at all follow the instructions Dee left above and I'm sure we can work it out. Don't let anything or anyone stop you from doing what your heart says. I know you might feel like a bowl of speghetti right now, but you can work it out if you're willing to try. We are here to support and guide you through your transitition. Don't be afraid or feel guilty. We have all been there, no matter where you are in recovery.

Talk back, it's the first step and the most important one you'll make. I don't need to mention it's the hardest step. I showed up at my clinic in my housecoat and robe. I couldn't even comb my hair. On the way home I couldn't drive, but I rolled down my window and let my hair blow in the breeze. I knew I had been set free from the death grip opiates had on my soul and life. Good luck to you Paul...even if I don't hear from you, I wish you well. We could use more men on the forum to bring in the male aspect of the circle. Again, good luck and God's speed or whomever you listen to. I'll be around, so jump in anytime.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down

Welcome Paul M
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: