Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gift Certificate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 5:51 pm

http://turntohelp.com/survey/sr.aspx?s=_2b3DaYXx1R7V3ljGix9tNFg_3d_3d

If you are interested in filling out a poll to earn a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate, please click on the URL above. I know some of you received notices but I believe you still can fill it out even if you did not receive an invitation. It is worth checking out if you like answering questions.

Thank You.
Deborah Shrira,CEO

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : URL)
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 6:25 pm

Hello Deborah,
How are you coming with your dental work? Are you in pain? How do you deal with the pain of such procedures knowing that you have this addiction? Do you just make sure not to take meds containing opiates or do you have to take them for a short amount of time? I worked in a dental office for 11 yrs. and I know that teeth can cause excruciating pain. How are you & your dr. handling this situation? I also wonder because I have to undergo a couple of surgeries coming up and I don't know how to handle the situation myself. I honestly have to say that I'm scared. I don't want to be in pain, but I don't trust myself to have any amount of any opiate in me because I don't think rationally when I am on them. I guess that I pretty much have my answer right in front of me. I cannot take any opiates, nor do I want a reason to ever think that I "need" them again. I will just end up worse off than just dealing with the pain in the first place. What do you think about this? How do you deal with your pain? Please let me know.
Thank You,
BFye
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 9:43 pm

Hello! Byfe

I'm glad to take a break and answer you. It's different for me than it is you. I take methadone because when I needed help Suboxone wasn't available. Later I had to start taking methadone because I needed it for pain. Believe me, if I didn't have chronic pain I would definitely be on Suboxone today. I have heard many people tell me just how much it changed their lives. It really has made a difference in many people's lives.
If I am to be honest, I am very sensitive to pain ...all kinds of pain but I really hate to see Dentists. I couldn't put it off any longer. I'm doing alright now but the surgery was extremely painful and they wanted to put me to sleep but I don't like being put to sleep since I worked so many years in a hospital and was privy to all that happened. It really scares me. No No way! Unless there is no way to avoid it. I settled for the Nitrous Oxide." You have used the gas before or maybe you haven't. It will certainly help you during the procedure. They knew I was on methadone for chronic pain and since I was taking methadone they did write me a prescription for Lortab 10mg 1-2 tablets every four hours for pain as needed. They wrote for #30 tablets.
The point is there was no way they were going to help my pain after taking methadone and my high tolerance to pain medication. I accepted the prescription just in case I became desperate. I felt it would be better than tylenol and /or aspirin. I didn't have to take any of it. I just took my methadone as I usually did but I added Naproxen 500mg to each dose of my methadone. The first two days was very frightening because I had stitches on both sides and it really hurt to even open my mouth. Once I was able to start using the warm salt water rinses it began to heal much faster besides the antibiotic they had given me. It was clindamycin at 2 capsules three times a day and I believe it worked better than most to heal it all up. I was seriously worried about the pain becoming more than I could handle and I didn't want to take the Lortab 10mg (I knew it really wouldn't help much but if I did I would test positive for opiates and even though I had a prescription and a legitimate cause to take it -I just preferred to keep my record clean).
I have more trips because I am having a partial on the bottom and dentures on the top but these look so real and besides I am tired of looking at my teeth the way they are. It will be worth it in the end but I still have m,any more trips to make before it is all over. I can understand if you worked around all of it you would be more apprehensive and too, knowing you are sensitive to opioids. You are taking Suboxone if I am right and if not correct me, please? If you are going to have extensive work done which is going to be painful for you ...there are certainly things you need to know. It is on the Suboxone Assisted Treatment
For patients receiving bup/nx who develop or are anticipated to have acute and limited (e.g. 2 hours to 2 weeks) pain that will not be adequately treated with nonopioid analgesia, the following steps are recommended:

1. Anticipated pain (e.g. elective surgery, tooth extraction).
· Temporarily discontinue bup/nx 24-36 hours prior to anticipated need for analgesia
· Provide adequate opioid analgesia, titrate to effect. It is good practice to know the usual doses needed for patients undergoing the planned procedure. Discuss with your colleagues and remember that patients who are opioid dependent and who have recently received bup/nx will likely need higher than usual doses of opioid analgesics due to their physical tolerance and/or narcotic blockade from recent doses of bup/nx.
· Do not provide bup/nx while patient is receiving opioid analgesia.
· Discontinue opioid analgesia once pain has remitted or can be
managed with nonopioid analgesia.
· Allow patient to experience mild to moderate opioid withdrawal
· Re-induce patient onto bup/nx as per usual.
· Note: single doses of opioid analgesics (e.g. post dental extraction) may be effective even if bup/nx has not been discontinued. However, patients should be cautioned to avoid bup/nx dosing during period that opioid analgesic is likely to be occupying receptors.

I shared the most crucial information with you. I would click on the URL I provided and read the whole article and even print it out and take a copy to your Dentist just in case He is not familiar with Suboxone. Ultimately the choice is up to you. If it is not going to be any serious work then I would just ask for the "Nitrous Oxide" and afterwards stay on your Suboxone and you can use Motrin (ibuprofen) up to 800mg a dose for pain, if not you can choose Aleve and take up to 500mg a dose every 4-6 hours for pain. Believe me , they are both very good because they help the inflammation as well as easing off the pain and if you are given an antibiotic...take it as directed daily and at the same time to maintain optimal drug levels and once the infection is gone the pain will stop almost immediately.
If your Dentist feels like you are going to need something stronger for pain, I would listen to what He has to say but you need to inform Him you are on Suboxone, and why? He may not be aware you need to stop taking your Suboxone if he gives you an opiate for pain and if you should take both of them together -they can throw you into "precipitated withdrawal." Many of the Dentists are not familiar with the medication Suboxone and this is why you need to know all about it. You can't take Suboxone with any opioid.
I hope I have explained this in a way you can understand because this is very important to know about Suboxone. I realize some of you may have trouble finding the information you need on Suboxone Assisted Treament. I am the Founder and Creator of it and I really tried to make it all easy for you to understand but more importantly how to locate what you needed. If you have anymore questions, I am available to answer them. I can be reached by phone if it is an emergency (770-428-0871). Leave me a message if you need me to call you - we call all those who can't afford to place the call themselves therfore just send me a Private Message with your number and ask me to call.
How long have you been on Suboxone? Is it woking really good for you? I am really glad you asked the question because we do receive many phone calls over the same question you just asked. We all go to the Dentist and I believe since we all used drugs more than most ... we probably need more work done and it is a legitimate question. Now you know if there is any reason, you need to take opioids for pain..you must stop taking your Suboxone until you no longer need any pain medication. Then you can resume your Suboxone.
It was great hearing from you and I do want ot get to know all of you. I am running behind on getting my News-Updates done on Suboxone but I ill see it is done (better late then never).
I want to thank you for joining with us and remember you are not alone and I want all of us to really begin to open up to each other and with the help of one another we can and will be
able to face our fears and conquer them.
I understand exactly how you feel about taking the opioids. I personally think it is great you admitted you are scared. It takes a strong person to say they are afraid. I don't think you are going to have any problems if you stick to the procedure. I would not deny myself the pain medication if they feel you definitely need it but you take it as long as you need to and then you have to stop and wait I believe 12-24 hours after your last dose to start back on the Suboxone. Once you are back on the Suboxone, it should take care of any withdrawal symptoms and craving you have from the opioids if any. What kind of procedures are they doing if you feel like you could share?
I am here if you need me and Barbara is sick presently but Dee should back tomorrow if not later tonight.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 10:54 pm

Hi bfye
It's me. Nannamom/ MY family and friends that know me call me Dee. Which is short for Delores.
It is okay if you call me Dee. I choose the name nannamom for my son and nephew that calls me nanna.
Deborah is right about the dental work, pain medication and suboxone. Does your dentist know that you are on the suboxone? If he doesn't yet, Please tell him so that he can medicate you properly, and do print out the information that will tell him what he needs to know. Believe it or not, many of the medical professionals don't no much if anything about this wonderful miracle medication. It is up to us as patients to educate them as much as we can. If done properly your pain after the procedure can be managed down to a minimum. When will you be having this done? Pleae keep us posted as to how you are okay?
nannamom
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 1:24 pm

Hi Deborah & Dee,
Thank you for the information. I try to research my decisions more wisely these days, seeing as I didn't for so many years. Since I worked in the dental office for all those years, I felt that I should've "known better" than to take opiates knowing that they are habit forming. The trouble I guess I had was I didn't know what "habit forming" entailed. Also, as I've previously mentioned, the dentist I worked for had been my softball coach & was the one who introduced me to the pills in the first place. Then, I continued to get them from him for the next 15 yrs. He had me right where he wanted me, needing him. Obviously this is a messed up situation. I'm glad to be able to see that now, but it's taken way too long...
Anyways, back to the topic, the surgeries that I need to have done are for 2 hernias (ambilical & abdominal) and I need to have a lump removed from my left breast. I think that I must not have been clear in last post, I worked in the dental office, but am not needing dental work right now. I have been putting this off for too long. Originally due to pregnancy, then "finding the time" to be able to recover with 2 babies. I still don't feel ready, but it needs to happen. I think that I'm just being a baby because I am scared. A few years back, I'd stopped taking the pain meds. & stayed off of them for 3 yrs. After I delivered our 2 yr old daughter, I was sent home with Vicoprofen. (No, I didn't tell my OB about my addiction- Big Mistake!) I believed I could take them again just like a normal person, after all, I was in pain. The cycle began all over again, but this time it became so much worse. I'd gone from hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab, Norco, etc.) to the oxys, then needing more & more & MORE!! I was also trying hard to keep it a secret from my husband & family. Stupid pride! I was embarressed to let them know not only did I relapse, but I was in way over my head again!! Obviously it has all come out since then & I'm trying to rebuild. This is where my fear comes in with having to face the pain due to medical procedures. I am also extremely sensitive to pain. (probably because I used for so many years becoming numbed to it) But, I think that I am more scared of the opiates than the pain. Geez- I sound pathetic, scared of this & scared of that, but it's the truth of the matter right now. I need to continue to move forward & I will get through this. By talking with you ladies & expressing my fears & doubts, getting your feedback & putting my own research into the equation, I feel that I am almost starting to trust my decisions again. Nannamom, I've also noticed that many medical professionals are not yet knowledgable about Suboxone. This is another reason that I'm trying to learn everything I possibly can. As I said earlier, I didn't do that when I started taking opiates in the first place & how I wish I knew. I will never go in without "open eyes" again. Thank you for your input & ideas. I love this forum and the perspective that I get while I'm here!!
Your Friend,
BFye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 2:29 pm

bfye,
I'm sorry. I thought it was dental work that you were going to be having. Do you know yet when your surgery might be. I can understand your fears. I would be afraid too. One of my biggest fears is pain, I am the biggest baby there is when it comes to pain.
You are a smart woman, your going into this as you said "with your eyes wide open" with the knowledge that you have gained you can go to your doctor and explain to him what your afraid of, I believe that as long as your up front with him, the two of you can figure out the best way to go as far as pain control. If he does give you pain medication to take home after the surgery, and your afraid that you may be tempted to miss use them. Would it be possible to have your husband hold onto them for you? That way you know that the're there if and when you may need them.
Trust in yourself, your not the same person that you were a few months ago. With each day that comes you grow stronger. We will always be here for you to talk about not only your fears and troubles, but your progress & sucess as well.
yours,
nannamom
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 1:50 pm

Good Morning!
I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your input. The surgeries were scheduled for Oct. & I cancelled. I've yet to re-schedule. I know that I need to get them handled. Right now it seems like there's no way I could be "down" to recover & have our family make it. There are so many other things that we need to take care of & I don't have health insurance. Hopefully when school starts back up, maybe I could qualify for the health card through the state. Sometimes thinking about all of this is totally overwhelming... Right now we're struggling just to try to keep me on the Subs. It is what it is. I am trying to get the Rx Assistance through a different dr. Praying that it will all work out. Money/finances are a big stress in our home right now. And with Christmas coming, well it's hard. I hold onto the guilt that it's all my fault. It's disgusting how much money I've wasted on OCs & costly consequences due to them.
Sorry, I didn't mean to go off about it. We are very lucky and I need to remember that. There are positive aspects to all of this too. We've remained together through these times & the more time that goes by without me using, our family is gaining its security back. I know that everything will come together & work out, just need to be patient. (not one of my strongest qualities- haha)
So, Dee, I'm again using one of your ideas. I make lists of what needs to be done, prioritize each day & try to get at least one task completed everyday. Your right about stress being a trigger to relapse. When I feel overwhelmed by everything that needs to be accomplished, I almost feel hopeless. My brain still whispers that I'd get so much more done & more energy & just plain feel better if I used, yet I KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE!! When I break down my tasks & get a little done each day, it's not nearly as overwhelming. "One day at a time." That applies to many aspects of my life right now. Sometimes it's down to the hours & minutes... This week is a test of my endurance. My husband is off hunting. My oldest daughter has 2 neighbor girls staying the week because their parents are out of town & both babies are sick. I'm just trying to take things in stride.
I need to ask a question regarding the Rx Assistance- if anyone knows the answer or has an alternative method, please let me know asap. I spoke with a dr who prescribes the Subs & asked him if he already has his 3 pts on the assistance. He told me that he doesn't participate in that program because the pharm. company mails the Subs directly to his home & he doesn't want narcotics in his home. He wouldn't want patients to know that he has drugs there & possibly rob him, etc. I asked if they could be sent to his office & RB Pharm. only sends them to the doctors home, according to him. Has anyone else faced this with their doctor? Is this information accurate? Are there any alternative options to this dilema? I'm still trying to figure out a way.. Please Help!!
Your Friend,
BFye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 3:17 pm

bfye,
About thePatience assistance program, I was under the impression that the suboxone was sent to the doctors office and that is where you go to get your meds. But now that you have said that, I don't know. But I will tell you what. I will check it out for you and let you know this evening. I have to work from 4-7:30 so I should be home by 8:00. Which by the way is the time I usually come on at night and I'm here off and on until late. In the mornigns sometimes I am here at 7.
But anyway I will check it out like I said. Because if that's is the only reason that the doctor doesn't participate in the program, then there is a possibility that you may be able to get on the program ealier than you expected. We can always pray.
It could jsut be a misunderstanding on his part. I too took my own advice today and made my list, it does help when things are broken down. You sound like yu have your hands full right now. Your an amazing mom.
Talk to you later
nannamom
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 7:18 pm

Thanks so much!
I'll check back on here in a couple of hours. Hopefully, we can get something figured out. Gotta go feed the kids & do baths right now anyways. We're having a "girls night" at our house tonight. (poor baby boy, but he's only one, he'll be ok)I love you My daughter, her girlfriends, the babies and I are eating pizza, ice cream & chocolate. Then we're watching movies & popping popcorn. They are such great kids & I am so grateful to be here with them.
Hope work went well for you tonight. What do you do?
Thanks for checking on that rx assistance. Talk to you soon.
Love,
BFye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 10:08 pm

BFye,
Hi there. When iIgot home this eveing I did some searching and also called the Phone number for the patience assistance program. Unfortunately they were closed so I will try again in the morning. The doctor that you spoke with, is he your regualr Suboxone provider or another one that you are going to be switching too? If you can't get on the program there is a place online that you can go to online and they will give you a discount card that can help you save some money on your prescription. I used thie same card when I lost my medicaide back last October. And I ws able to save about 70.00 each month. And believe me that was a big help.
Right now I work part time only a few hours in the late afternoons at a nursing home, and rehabilitaion center. I am in the dietary dept. Eventually I plan to take some more computer courses as I would like to do something in that field. ( Data entry)
Somedays I can;t believe how lucky I've been When I think back to the way it used to be, and then now. It sometimes seems like a dream. I love it now that I can wake up and feel like myself. It has been 6 years and I'm still lovin it.
I will talk to you tomorrow. Sleep well
nannamom
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: about the gift certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyWed 03 Dec 2008, 9:09 pm

I just wanted to let all of you know about the gift certificate information above. I took that survey a couple of weeks back. It is a short survey and not hard at all.
Tonight I received the certificate in my email from Amazon.com
I urge all of you that can to go and take this survey. With the Holidays right around the corner and money being tight for everybody, It is worth the couple of minutes that it takes to do this. Deborah has the link posted, So nit should be as easy as 1,2,3. Have a great night.
Nannamom
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Reply To Byfe   Gift Certificate EmptyWed 03 Dec 2008, 10:17 pm

Dear Bfye:
Greetings! I am so sorry you are having so many problems. I had no idea you needed such serious surgery. I had no idea either they sent the prescriptions to the Doctor's Home but it is possible it could be true. I want you to know I am here for you and I am sorry I haven't been able to get back to you.

I wish I had known about this because I just spoke with our Contact on a Conference Call at Reckitt-Benckiser Tuesday and I would have checked on it for you. I will see what I can find out for you tomorrow. I can understand why they would send them to the Doctor's because when I worked for a Doctor some of the pharmaceutical companies actually mailed narcotics to the Doctors working in our office, especially to one of the surgeons. One of the packages containing 5 bottles of 100 tablets each of hydrocodone (which is only a Schedule III) went missing. I know they are many Physicians which do keep narcotics in their office but many of them don't. They usually keep them locked up and limit who has access to them.

There were many employees working in the office and these narcotics were sent regular mail and no one had to sign for them (which I found it very hard to believe they would send narcotics this way in the first place) but they went missing and we never found out if someone stole them or if they were even delivered because anyone in the office could have picked up the package up and walked out with them. I didn't work for the doctor they were sent to but I knew they were very careless where the mail was placed and if the Secretary was away from the Desk and it was at a busy time ...anyone could have walked out with them.

I don't understand why your Doctor would even mention that He didn't want them sent to his Home because no one would have even known it had He not mentioned it to you or to others. I believe I would try and locate another one because I am sure it is possible they do send the medication to their house or office and I am sure they are (paranoid) ones like Him. If He doesn't participate in the Patient Assistance Program they aren't going to go out of their way to send it any other way to you. I can tell you this much because if He doesn't want it sent to his House then He is not going to want it sent to his Office.

I can tell you, Byfe I spoke to someone a few minutes ago and I can tell you Patient Assistance will not be able to help you if your Doctor doesn't participate. All they can recommend is that you try and find one that does participate because they can't make any special exceptions. This is your Doctor's own fault because He has hang-ups and I am really sorry because they do provide it for three patients but your Doctor has to participate. I can save you the phone calls to Patient Assistance and advise you and pray that it is possible to find another one.

It breaks my heart to know you are having all these problems and if you need my help in locating another Doctor then please we will try and help. If you would like for me to give you a telephone call and discuss it with you then please send me your phone number to MATDirector@aol.com. I can call you at the best time possible for you any time you need to talk. I just want to make it available to you if you need my help. I would not delay these surgeries you need. They are serious and I don't mean to scare you but I think you should seriously think about having them as soon as possible.

You can always go back on Suboxone after you have the surgeries and are out of pain. I know You are concerned about having to take pain medication again but I think you need to be more concerned over having the surgery done and take what you need for the pain and once it is finished then look for a new Suboxone Doctor that is on the program because you can't take Suboxone and opiates for pain and if you have surgery they will have to give you opiates for the kind you are having. You don't even need to be worrying about Suboxone now until later once you had the surgeries because you have to apply for the Patient Assistance every three months and if you know these surgeries are needed, in my opinion only I think it is best to have them because your health is at stake.

I am really concerned over the lump in your breast. Please you can't take this lightly because it is much too serious and I am worried over you. I want you to be there for your children because they are going to need their Mother and you need to look at your addiction as just another disease requiring medication. We will try and locate you a Physician in the area you live that is on the Program if you need financial help. If I must help you myself financially pay for the Suboxone later I would prefer you not delay having the surgery. I will certainly take the time to pray over your serious situation. I know God can help us locate you some Patient Assistance but I need to know if there are any other reasons why you are waiting on having your surgery?

I don't mean to take your problem with Addiction too lightly because I know it can really mess up a marriage and a family and I don't blame you for being afraid. If I had to choose between Breast Cancer and Addiction...I would choose Addiction because Addiction can be treated..maybe not cured but they do have medication available to stop the withdrawal symptoms and the agonizing cravings. Breast Cancer and I am not saying you have it.. but you did say a lump ...it can spread and there is not always a cure for it nor treatment available once it reaches a certain stage. I worked as a Pharmacist at Emory University Hospital and I made the medication for the Leukemia and Cancer Patients and I delivered it to their rooms each day and I seen Breast Cancer (I seen people sick from the medication and I seen them die and I don't want that to happen to anyone on our forum.)

Please think about what I have said to you and I can understand you wanting to be there for your children through Christmas but I do care about you being there later in thier life for them. How long have you delayed knowing you had a lump in your breast? The other can wait but not the lump unless they can tell you it isn't cancerous (I don't think they can.) If I sound too harsh it is only because I do care about you and you sound like a wonderful, sensitive human being and I already know I like you. I am very sensitive to pain, too and there is a reason why we are. It is possible you were born with with an endorphin deficiency as I know I was. If you used alot of pain medication then you depleted your dopamine or you definitely caused a chemical imbalance and it makes you more sensitive to pain.

I thought at first if the Doctor didn't want to keep them in his office they could issue Gift (Cash) Certificates to be cashed in at the Pharmacy but the person I spoke with said they didn't but I am going to double check it tomorrow and I will get back to you. I feel confident the person I spoke to knows what they were talking about but then you can never be too sure and I will double check and it won't hurt for you to call, too. I would not get my hopes up but I would be looking for another Physician if you intend on staying on Suboxone now and you need Patient Assistance.

You hang in there Byfe and know I will be praying for you and I will be thinking bout your situation and hoping you will do what is best for you. I just wanted to say "Hello" and I had no idea it was as serious and you can count on my support.

Deborah (Admin)

santa Christmas is just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySun 07 Dec 2008, 3:54 pm

Hi Deborah,
You are so sweet!! I continue to repeat this, but I am so thankful for this forum. I love coming on here & connecting with you ladies. You seem to understand exactly whats happening with me. That's amazing because I've been trying to figure it out for years. haha I laugh, but its the truth. What an agonizing journey addiction is.. but what bliss I'm finding in recovery. Just small things remind me of how far I've come, of how truly grateful I am. I love this site. I thank you for your time, brains & effort to create such a place. You are an incredible woman & I feel lucky to have met you.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the issues in my life that need to be dealt with, but I keep trying to handle them one by one. I guess that in part, that is one of the reasons of putting off these surgeries. I feel like I'm finally getting better & feeling good, most days. Definately better than I have in years. I just don't want to have to face surgical issues right now. I know that sounds immature, but I have many valid reasons. First off, let me say that I did have the lump biopsied & it is "non-cancerous" but they still do want to remove it for prevention purposes. And I agree with that, just a little later down the road. I have the young babies which would make it hard to be away at the hospital or to recover once home. I also have no health insurance at this time. We cannot afford any more, especially due to me. We're already completely strapped & trying to come up with ways to be able to stay on the Suboxone & buy Christmas presents for our kids.. What can I say? It's tight times & we can't afford me being down right now.
Regarding Patient Assistance, I've been calling several doctors in my area that are doing the Suboxone treatment & trying to find out if they participate with the Rx Assistance Program. As I mentioned, my dr. does not, nor did several others that I spoke with. I do have an appointment on Thursday with a doctor who has just gotten his certification to prescribe Suboxone from the state. He is plannng on starting his program in January. Since it's just starting up & I have been calling his office every week for 2 months waiting on him to receive his certification & DEA #, I have been assured a "saved spot" within those 3 patients eligible for Rx Assistance. BUT, they also didn't know anything about the program & I was explaining it to them. They told me to bring the paperwork with me to my appointment & we'd see what we could do. So, this seems all well & good, but what I'm worried about is, what if I switch doctors for the assistance & as soon as this one finds out that the medication is going to be shipped to his home, he decides to drop out of the program. Then, do I want to switch in the first place? I keep thinking that I should just ask this doctor on Thursday if he's going to participate if the medication has to be shipped to his home. At the same time, I don't want to bring it to his attention & create an issue that may not exist. What do you think? How would you handle this? Overall, I just want to be able to stay on the medication, however I have to do it. I refuse to give up because I know I need this to stay alive. It will come together. I don't know how, but I believe that it will work out. I continue to pray & I believe that it has to work out.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Your ideas & suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm still learning & looking for ways to make this all come together!!
Hope you are smiling today. Please let me know how things are for you, as well.
Love Your Friend,
BFye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyMon 08 Dec 2008, 9:40 am

Good Morning BFye,
Hello my friend, it's me Dee, listen I know that you are worried that the new doctor might decide not to enroll in the patients assistance program. Gather all of the information that you may think you need. Go in there strong and ready for battle with a sweet but firm smile. Show him the advantages of this program not only to you but to his other patients as well that may not be able to obtain their meds without this program. And if he is worried about the meds being shipped to his home. Tell him what Deborah said " That if they do have to go to his home no one but him has to know that". ( we make great advocates, as we've been there before) I will keep you in my prayers on that day as always.
Other than that. How are things going with you, your posts sound really encouraging. Keep up the good work on yourself, remember to take time for you though. Women are the rock and foundation of the family. Through out the years it has always been the woman that holds the family together. We don't ask for that role but somehow it does get transfered over somehow. When things go wrong, men look towards us to "fix it now" and our children look up to us as their guardian angels. So it is easy to become overwhelmed. Have you set any time aside for you each day or at least every other day. Even if it's just a visit for a few hours with a friend it can help. I have lots to do today, as I'm off from work. I will be here off and on during the day. to check in. If you need anything let me know.
nannamom/dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptyMon 08 Dec 2008, 3:50 pm

Hi Dee,
I have been applying much of the advice I've gotten here to my daily life. Things are getting better. After talking issues through, they just don't seem like such a big deal. Especially writing it out- it usually puts emotions in perspective for me. As always, I love this forum!
Your right though. I am concerned about this upcoming doctors appointment. I do plan on going in there armed with information & showing him the necessity of the situation. Yet, I still don't know whether to bring the issue to his attention or just let him figure that part out. Then, I can cross that bridge when we come to it.. Assuring him that no one has to know where the meds are being shipped to. Or maybe when they are shipped to his home, he may not even say anything about it to me for that very same reason. I think that is my plan for now. I will go in there with the paperwork & application, etc. I won't even bring up where the meds are shipped to. It could work out. Do you agree? Does this seem like the right choice? scratch I don't want to create a situation that may never even be a problem. I look forward to getting your perspective on this as well.
It's so funny that you can notice things going on with me & we're across the country.. You are a perceptive woman, Dee! It's incredible that you brought up the Mothers role in the family as I was just discussing this last evening with my Mom. Your absolutely right though. We are the rock; we wear many hats... The Mother is the glue, the foundation, the peacemaker, lover, friend, etc. Sometimes it is extremely overwhelming to feel spread so thin. Take a deep breath, smile... My time to myself has been getting on this computer & interacting here. The kids are still here, but I have them laying down watching PBS. It's more than difficult to actually have time to myself. They even follow me to the bathroom... cheers But I know they are only babies once & I'm trying to just enjoy them. It does get frustrating sometimes, but usually they keep me laughing, keep me moving.. I've really been feeling good lately. I'm happy with the way things are starting to come together. I know there are still issues to be dealt with, but nothing that I don't feel like I can't get through. We can get through anything! (my mind is finally starting to believe that) I'm excited about who I am and what I'm doing today & my plans for the future. It seems like a great burden has started to lift off of my shoulders. I feel good & I love it. These 8 months have been difficult, but managable. Definately better than when I was using, which was obviously unmanagable. But, within these past few weeks, the difficulty has even started to slip away. This week I've felt better all around & I love it. I encourage anyone who is struggling on Suboxone to stay commited & possibly talk to your doctor to make sure of correct dosage, but the medication has worked for me. Now it's just a matter of being able to stay on it.. Exclamation
Well, it's time for me to go feed my monkies!! Just picked up a fresh bunch of bananas.. lol!
Hope to hear from you soon. Have you gotten your errands accomplished today on your day off? Another job as a woman, as a Mother. There are no days off!! (as you know) Let me know how you are doing today, if you get a chance.
Love Your Bud,
BFye
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 9:40 pm

Hello Mez,
Are you out there? Question Are you still having trouble with your internet? I hope that your only having some "technical difficulties" & that nothing too major is keeping you off of here recently?? Question If possible, please let me hear from you to know that you are doing okay girl!! Wink Look forward to talking with you soon!

Yours,
Beth I love you

**Also, Mez, I had sent you an email as well. You'll understand when you read it..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Patient Assistance   Gift Certificate EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 7:49 am

Dear Beth:
I am so sorry I haven't been available for you. Please do forgive me but I hope you know you can reach me by e-mail and maybe you did try but I haven't answered all of them lately. I had to take some time for myself because I was about ready to blow a fuse. Believe me, Byfe I don't have it any easier than any of you. We are going to get through all of this I promise you. You just hang with us and we will see you make it.
I have to use my positive quotes to assure myself I can make it. The one I have been using for the last two weeks is: study
"I am not helpless. I can and will take the steps needed to get through the crisis. "
"I will remain engaged and involved instead of isolating and withdrawing during this
situation."
You can do this Beth because you are a smart cookie. I don't know what has happened with your Suboxone Doctor but I did find out some information. I talked to my Contact at Suboxone and they can have the medication shipped to their office. The first doctor you spoke about who said He didn't participate because they shipped the medication to his house. I can tell you why they shipped it to his house and it wasn't their idea. They probably have no idea it is even going to his house and if someone told Him this at Reckitt-Benckiser then they mislead Him. It is going to whatever He listed his address as when He applied for His DEA Number. He evidently gave them his Home address when he applied for his DEA Number to dispense narcotics. They send it to whatever address is listed on their DEA License. You might mention this to the Doctor but then He may not want it sent to his office either. All He has to do is change the address on his DEA Number and it will go to the address listed. Most Doctors do receive it at their office infact I personally called and checked it out even after I talked with Reckitt-Benckiser.
You can explain it to your old Doctor and to the one you have made an appointment with if He has no knowledge of the RxAssistance Program. You can tell Him we work with Reckitt-Benckiser and besides I am a Pharmacist and once they explained it to me I understood what the problem was and I told you they do send it to the office but He needs to check the address He gave them when He applied for his DEA # License to prescribe narcotics.
I hope you get this before your appointment and I am so sorry I didn't get back to you on it but there was so much happening here with Christmas and all but that is really no excuse and I do apologize. I did take the time to check it out for you and I was receiving conflicting answers and I had to dig deeper for the truth. I knew you needed financial help and it why I spent the time trying to figure out why it was going to his house(or why He thought they would be sending it to his house).
I knew you didn't make the statement up and they kept telling me they didn't send it to the house. I actually had one person tell me they didn't send it all to the Doctors and I politely told them I didn't believe they were right. Then I proceeded to get on the phone and call a few of them and one fo them I knew personally was the one who helped me figure out why it would be going to his house. I had to call Reckitt-Benckiser back and let them know, especially the one, who told me they didn't send it out to the Doctors at all they were wrong. I gave them the Doctor's name and phone number and told them if they didn't believe me they could call Him and he would verify He received like clock work for his three patients every month. Why I didn't let you know immediately after spending all the time checking on it for you is I get sidetracked because I need more help but can't afford to pay any more people at this time.
I can be in the middle of something and I receive a phone call from a patient in withdrawal desperately needing help and once I spend time talking to them and assisting them with what they need, then Dean will tell me I have e-mails I need to answer or else the phone is ringing again.
Things just went crazy during Christmas and we had a phone call early Christmas morning around 3:30 AM from a guy who seriously needed help and wanted information about Suboxone and what could He do until He could obtain an appointment. He was still living with his parents and his girlfriend was bipolar and He was having trouble with her and did not understand what being bipolar exactly meant. Honestly, I believe He was just very lonely and overwhelmed and needed a friend to talk with but He talked for over an hour and a half. It was already late when I went to bed.
I am back now but you are right we are the glue that holds it all together. I spend more time online helping people than I do with my own family. I wouldn't trade it for any other job because it has been very rewarding. When I was dealing with my substance abuse problems I didn't have a computer. I didn't have any one to help me nor that I could talk to about how I felt or what I was experiencing because I didn't know anyone but me that had the problem. I felt like I was the only screw up
and I dared not to tell a soul about my problem. I needed the interaction basically I just needed someone to understand me and how difficult it was to deal with staying clean. Each time I tried to quit and failed I just hated my self that much more. I really needed someone there to tell me I could make it and that I was alright. We all need it and if you don't then I believe you definitely are sick. (I am not talking about you because I know you need interaction and understanding.)
I believe we all need love and approval. I believe we all seek it through our lives and if we are blessed we end up with one very good friend. Good friends are hard to find and if you have one I would hang on to them. I guess because I didn't have it I wanted to make it available to all of you who did need it. I don't believe you can have too many friends and the way the economy is headed we all may need help from our friends. I know most all of you are having financial problems and if I haven't received some Grant money I couldn't afford to keep these websites going but even Grants are becoming scarce and they are very difficult to do and time-consuming but I continue on because I don't want anyone to suffer as I did and to think they are defective merchandise because they are chemically-dependent.
I want you to know you are somebody. You have alot to offer anyone and you must remember" Addiction Is A Disease." Don't put yourself down because you acquired it genetically. If you had read all the latest research I have read it would relieve of almost all the guilt. We all carry around the guilt and shame that comes from having a problem with drugs and I know many of us have done things we regret and it still haunts many people even after they are in recovery. It is why you must first learn the truth about addiction and then the next part is the most difficult and it is learning to forgive yourself...learning to love yourself again.
I just wanted to share this with you because I believe we met for a reason maybe not known to us now and if I can help you in any way I want to be there for you. I know you have what it takes to make it and you are a special person. Fate brought us to this place and we have to wait and see what it has in store for us. I know you have made a friend in me and I am glad our paths have crossed and I do hope you obtain the information before you see your doctor. I would print the application out for Him and take it with me if He is not familiar with the program. You could write the URL address down for Him so He can go to my website and obtain the information. It should work either way. If you don't have a printer and you can't obtain acccess to one then you can ask your Doctor what his fax number is and I will personally print a copy out and fax it to Him. I make the assumption all of you have printers but I have found out many if you don't have one. If you don't have one just let me know and I will see what I can do to help you.
I have been working since 5:00 PM yesterday and it is now 6:23 AM but I couldn't go to sleep without answering you and letting you know how sorry I am. I am glad you shared with me about the surgery and I do understand but I was very concerned about you. I have a tumor on my spinal cord at L4 but they say it is benign but I don't know if they can remove it or not because I don't have any insurance either. I just have to trust God will take care of me. It takes all I can do to pay for my Methadone and my Prilosec. It is why we need friends and it is why we need to join forces and choose to help one another and I'm really hoping people will see what is needed and have the desire to work together for the good of all of us.
I can't be here every day and I'm hoping some of you will mature in your recovery and be able to help out Dee and Barbara with some of the newer members.I am hoping I will obtain more Grant money to be able to pay more people to help me with the work. Whatever happens we will make it through 2009 and do it victoriously.
Please let me know how things work out with you and what I can do to help you. I will be praying that it all works out for you. Remember your past does not control your future.
Gift Certificate Sharon10
Gift Certificate E-mail10 Sleep

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gift Certificate   Gift Certificate Empty

Back to top Go down

Gift Certificate
Page 1 of 1