Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome xxxotica

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome xxxotica Empty
PostSubject: Welcome xxxotica   Welcome xxxotica EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009, 8:26 am

Welcome to the group xxxotica,
My name is Dee, one of the moderators our other moderator is Barbara Rue,she will be along to welcome you as soon as she See's your here.
In the meantime if you have any questions about the forum or how to post please let us know and we will be happy to help you.
The same goes with your medication or recovery if you have any questions about either or if things aren't going the way that you think they should be, let us know and maybe together we can talk it through and work on a solution to help you to get to where you should be.
If you have questions about Suboxone, Methadone or addidction as a disease, you can find the answers to most of your questions on the web sites.
Feel free to read the posts of the other members, if you see a topic that you would like to comment on you are most welcome to do so. I look forward to talking with you xxxotica.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Suboxone Information:
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Methadone Information:
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
xxxoticaaa

xxxoticaaa

Female
Number of posts : 26
Humor : Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Welcome xxxotica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome xxxotica   Welcome xxxotica EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009, 10:27 am

Thank you very much for the nice introduction. Yes I am new to this site and what a lovely website it is. It is very similar to a site that a friend of mine has developed and this is just as beautiful. I just started taking suboxone in October. I have a long story but just as horrific as any drug addicts I'm sure. I was in a POW camp in Iran for 6 weeks after going to Iran in 1998 to escape false prescription charges as a Nurse. I went there with my Iranian husband who wouldn't let me come home once I got there. I was there for almost four years. The day after 9-11 I was put into the POW camp in Iran and was there for approx. 6 weeks, after escaping with a girl from Baharain, and being handed over to the American embassy in Dubai which in turn flew me home to America, I weighed in at 70 pounds and had severe head injuries and internal injuries from the sexual assaults. I have a book coming out and the online version can be viewed free at my website www.loris-song.com
The printed version will be out sometime by May or June and will gladly share a discount with the readers here. But that is not why I joined here. I joined here for support and questions I had regarding Suboxone. That is why I wanted to write you first. Where do I post for questions regarding long term maintenance of pain control using suboxone? And do you get notified by email everytime a post of yours gets answered? I would greatly appreciate an email answer. Thank you so much . Lori/xxxoticaaa
Back to top Go down
http://www.loris-song.com
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome xxxotica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome xxxotica   Welcome xxxotica EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009, 4:14 pm

Hi xxxoticaaa,

I'm Barbara and was married to a Marine who did two tours of Viet Nam and had a Father who was on the front line of three wars. I know what war can do...let alone carrying an addiction due to pain. I found when I was on a high dose of Suboxone, my pain levels were fine, but as soon as the dose lowered, the pains came back. Not as bad as when I was taking pain medicine, but it's there. I just deal with it. Thank God it comes and goes.

Lori, just read the different subject areas to comment or ask questions. Dee put the sites on for you to read and find out more about it. I do get an email allert when the is a new post. I believe you ask for this on your profile.

I'm so glad you joined and it makes a big difference whan you have people to talk to. Just writing things down is a relief to me. I can tell you have strength in your words and going to do fine.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Tue 17 Mar 2009, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
xxxoticaaa

xxxoticaaa

Female
Number of posts : 26
Humor : Sarcastic, Dry
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Welcome xxxotica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome xxxotica   Welcome xxxotica EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009, 7:50 pm

Barb and Dee,
Once again THANK YOU for your kind welcome and I look forward to sharing and reading your articles. If it is ok to share blogs I have one on my site which is located at the bottom of the page and I welcome anyone to use it to comment on this drug and their experience. I think the more we can get this information out to the public the better it is for EVERYONE. Addiction is terrible and I feel so fortunate to live in this day and age where they have a drug such as this to help with cravings, and the PAIN. Barb I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I was not in the military but I can empathize with the perils of war. When I was in that POW type camp, I saw a lot of people executed right in front of me and thought from day to day that I was going to be the next. I never appreciated my freedom more than I did on November 14th, 2001 when I arrived in Detroit and kissed the ground at the airport terminal. They had an ambulance waiting, but I refused, I had made it that far on my own I wasn't going to take it then. And like I said I'm really fortunate to have people such as yourselves and sites like this for support. Take care and stay strong. Lori
Back to top Go down
http://www.loris-song.com
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome xxxotica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome xxxotica   Welcome xxxotica EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 1:51 pm

Hi Lori,
I am happy to see that you have started posting right away, for some of our members reading is enough for them. But I like to encourage members to post. It never helps to keep your problems or questions locked inside of you.
For posting questions about Suboxone you can go to the topic "Questions and information" We will do what we can to answer your questions. You can also find answers to questions on the Suboxone website. www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
You can post your story on recovery with Suboxone in the "Suboxone Stories" topic.
I have been to your site and read what you have posted. My heart goes out to you for all that you have endured. You have your future ahead of you, I encourage you to continue to look ahead.
Continue posting and you will be able to see that the more you talk the better you will feel.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Welcome xxxotica
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: