Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome JustRyan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan EmptyWed 11 Mar 2009, 9:31 pm

Hello JustRyan,
Welcome to The Light At The End Of The Tunnel, my name is Dee one of the moderators, our other moderator is Barbara Rue, she will be along later on this evening to welcome you as well. In the meantime if there is anything that I can do for you or if you have any questions about the forum, your recovery or medication please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.
Take your time to read the posts of the other members, if you see something that you would like to comment on or if you would like to post something yourself make yourself at home. The is your forum too.
You might also want to check out the websites for information, they both are full of the most accurate information available.
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

I look forward to meeting you, Enjoy your evening JustRyan.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan EmptyWed 11 Mar 2009, 10:02 pm

Hi JustRyan,

I'm Barbara, welcoming you into our forum. I hope we can be of help and understanding to you. We have all had our first hours going through transition from opiates. It's scary and mind bending going from one way of life to another. Some of us are on Methadone and some on Suboxone. These medicines are the a wonderful way of finding a new way of life in which you can go to work, take the dog for a walk or prepare your favorite dinner without wondering if your pills are going to last.

I hope you will share with us and help us get your life back with you.

As Dee said, You are welcome to read our post if you're not up to posting right now.

Wishing you the best and a peaceful night.
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
JustRyan

JustRyan

Male
Number of posts : 4
Humor : see job/hobbies
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan EmptyThu 12 Mar 2009, 2:39 pm

Thank you both for the welcome...it's certainly great to be here. I started my suboxone program on 3/6/09 and things are getting better day by day. I will post my "story" in the appropriate forum for all to read so that you can get an idea as to where I'm at or have been before in my recovery. I lurked for sometime, reading everybody's posts and gaining knowledge, hope and inspiration through them. I'm in New Hampshire, USA and we are nearing the spring, which is metaphorically interesting given my choice to free myself from despair and working towards a "blossoming" if that makes sense. Well, I hope to meet more people here and make some great friends. Many thanks again for the warm welcome. It's nice to come in from the cold...Ryan
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan EmptyThu 12 Mar 2009, 7:57 pm

Ryan,
Thank you you for joining us. I look forward to talking with you. How are you doing so far in your recovery? We have another member that started his Suboxone pretty close to the same time that you did. I live not to far from you over in Vermont so we are almost neighbors, so to speak. Pull up a chair relax and stay awhile. You are part of this family now.
Yours,
Dee Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
JustRyan

JustRyan

Male
Number of posts : 4
Humor : see job/hobbies
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan EmptyFri 13 Mar 2009, 8:59 am

Thanks Dee!
I am doing pretty good right now. Tomorrow will be exactly one week since I started on the suboxone. I'm on 16mgs a day despite a pretty hefty habit, and day by day things are getting better. I did go to a meeting at an old rehab facility on Monday just to see some old faces and grabbed a 24hr chip...I'm not into 12-step programs myself, but it felt good to go and let some old friends in recovery know that I was working towards making my life better again. I'm still sweaty from time to time, I am not craving opiates at all, which is a relief. The soreness and aches are obviously not entirely gone yet, and they may never quite subside, as I was hit by a car when I was 21 and it inflicted quite an amount of damage to my body, and I played ice-hockey for 15 years which took it's toll as well. I'll explain more when I find the time to tell my background in the appropriate forum. May I ask where in Vermont do you reside? I travel up to Burlington a few times a year and consider it one of the most beautiful and accepting states in the country. I have a non-using girlfriend that fully supports me along with my parents, and I am very grateful for them. I'm also grateful to have found this group, as everyone that has welcomed me has lit another little flame in my heart to keep me warm during this transition. We will talk more soon. I have to take care of a few things, I hope everybody's day is filled with love, joy and gratitude. I know mine will be...Ryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome JustRyan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome JustRyan   Welcome JustRyan Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome JustRyan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: