Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More of a serious topic tonight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

More of a serious topic tonight Empty
PostSubject: More of a serious topic tonight   More of a serious topic tonight EmptyWed 04 Mar 2009, 4:51 am

Hello everyone,

You more experienced members probably have already come to this point. I made another accomplishment tonight from pondering a theory, and I really had no idea how deep this pondering was going to lead me.

I've noticed in my time that there are two kinds of people with many differnt shapes and sizes of the soul. Those who take an opiate for the first time and either don't mind them or *LOVE* them. Then there are those, who take them and absolutely hate them, don't want anything to ever do with them again. The *thing* I've noticed about the latter kind of soul is they're normally very *strong* or very *happy* people. I honestly believe that people who *LOVE* opiates are predisposed to be an addict of opiates by one of two things... Severe emotional pain or they just feel so much better when taking them. Obviously anyone can become addicted by extended use for pain, but I'm talking about us who knew the first time that it seemed to be such a gift. Or it numbed the emotional pain so much that it just had to become part of life.

I really believe this to be the case for so many people. I started not quite like this, I didn't mind the opiates, and they did help me not mind the pain as much. However after a couple of months I really started to realize how much less I worried, and how it seemed that my relationships were improving in my life because I was becoming a happier person. Before I started taking the pain meds for my hip I had suffered 2 years of 4 stent surgeries and 6 angiograms. I was told by every medical professional that I was going to drop dead any day, that I was an extreme case of Syndrome X, which I found out to be those people that were just walking along one day and drop over dead. Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, 4 stent surgeries and a smoker!

I found my mother two hours dead on our living room couch when I was 17 years old. This event for me was so traumatic because I didn't know she was dead and I lifted her head up because I thought she had fallen asleep sitting up like she did sometimes. If you've never seen anyone two hours dead, then you can't truly understand how scary the face was that I seen on that day and what it did to me. I counted over 600 nights that I lay awake in my bed afraid to fall asleep because I was having chest pains, and I feared that my wife would wake up to find me dead. I was more afraid of her finding me dead like I found my mother than I was of dying myself.

The pain pills greatly diminished even this level of fear. Any pill that has this much effect on anyone! Is going to be impossible to stop on your own.

My point to this is simply this: We are not all made from the same mold. Our lives sculpt us to a greater degree than any of us would like admit. A lot of us have had very disturbing experiences to say the least, and have suffered great pain and loss. I'm not saying to anyone that using is ok, we must not use if we are god willing strong enough. I do ask each of you to forgive yourself for being seduced by such a powerful succubus as was the opiates for us all. Many people that have not ever experienced the relief it brought to create such a powerful addiction will not only never understand, but be incapable of understanding (I pray they never will). This doesn't excuse any of us, but please, forgive yourself.

Tonight I have forgiven myself
~Particular
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: More of a serious topic tonight   More of a serious topic tonight EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 9:21 pm

More of a serious topic tonight Inspir10

Dear Particular:

My name is Deborah Shrira and I am the Creator of Suboxone Assisted Treatment and of Medical Assisted Treatment of America, Inc. I must say I am very impressed at what you just shared with all of us. I know many of us haven't reached the point we can open up and share our innermost feelings and really admit who we are and where we are at.

I created Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel as a Safe-Haven for all of us with chemical Dependency. We have nothing to be ashamed of for it truly is a disease.

Yes, many of us inherit it and it has definitely been proved to be part of our genetics. We can't run away from it but our environment does shape it to an extent. I started taking it becase of the agonizing pain I had and I discovered just like you it helped numb the emotional pain as well and mad me a much happier person. Seriously, if it does help us cope with trumatic experiences and for me it made me feel normal ...then how bad could it really be as long as we don't hurt others in the process of our using.

I have a wonderful article written on opiates and studies they have done showing that opiates really do work better as an anti-depressant than the ones we have on the market now. I really think you should read this article and it is about twelve pages but it reveals the latest research showing opiate are effective for many things and much safer.
Many of us are born with an endorphin deficiency and we don't have anay idea of what it is like to feel normal until we take the first opiate. It awakens our soul and we can now experience normality for the first time in our lives (and I have more information to share concerning what I just said). maybe I will take the time to open up some of your eyes to the latest findings but I was trying to save most of it to share on my new website I am working on.
You are right ...many of us that do become addicted have experienced traumatic experiences in our life. yes, many of became addicted by trying to deaden the emotional pain which tried to over take our sanity. You will discover most of us are very sensitive people and we can't shrug life off as easily as many people can. Seriously, think on it we do care more anad we have all experienced our share of pain and we can empathsize with others. We, are very sensitive to everything around us and it is why we have more trouble dealing with the realities of this world we live in therefore we need to take drugs to deaden the pain we feel and see in the world today. Can any f you relate to what I am saying to you?
Most people who don't use are much colder and can deal withthe world as it is. They can cope with it and not feel the emotional pain we do and I have often wondered why this is so? If you take the time to notice the people around you who don't use - I promise you they never get as upset as you over the things in the world today that is really hurting people. I want to thank you, Particular for your contribution to this forum and I know it all came from within and this is what I expect from all of you as members of this forum. None of us here are going to put you down so you can open up and share with us.
I am begging you to and please know I will not let any member ever put you down. We are all here because we have some of the same feelings and thoughts and if you just open up your heart to others and let them see who you really are they will love you. Please follow Particular's pattern and start opening up?
Thank you, Particular and I do hope you will open and share more. I am definitely one of your fans.
Deborah
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: More of a serious topic tonight   More of a serious topic tonight EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 11:49 pm

It's taken me a while to get back to you...I do want you to know how much I realized about myself from your concepts of why and how I became engrossed with opiates. I found I could do so many things with interest and joy. My first down fall was a six year jaunt of methamphetamines and then a stretch of years with alcohol. The pain pills seem to give back the void I felt after I so called sobered up. Now I'm down to four milligrams of Suboxone a day, this void is there with every waking day. I may never feel joy again and this is something I will have to live with and accept my limits. I cannot predict how I'm going to feel a week from now. I just ask for strength to get myself together. I just want to be happy again. I have no one to blame but myself. I did this. I created what I am. This is why I stress to our young people; don't think you can carry on untill you're so far in, you can pick the time you want to quit. It's like waiting till you are thirsty to have a drink of water. It's too late to benefit because of your hesitation. Who knows. I may end up smiling and my life aglow again. It's up to a power greater than us all. I know right now I'm suffering and at times I must do this in silence because I can't bare to share how bad it hurts. I thank you people on this forum who shares cause it gives me hope of a brighter tomorrow and wiser in the here after. I'm so glad I have you people who understands and cares about me.

Deborah, you have been an angel on my shoulder. You lead by example and do so much when I know you are hurting too. I love you for this.

Particular, thank you for sharing the most sensitive experience of your pain. I hope you will stay with us.

All of you make me feel warmer and not so out in the cold and alone.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More of a serious topic tonight   More of a serious topic tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

More of a serious topic tonight
Page 1 of 1