Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Day Suboxone Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

First Day Suboxone Questions Empty
PostSubject: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 4:55 pm

Hello,

This is my first day of taking Suboxone and I'm having a hard time. I started this morning at 6:30 and took my first half tablet for a total of 4mg. I waited 1 hour, and felt no relief whatsoever. At 7:30 I took the other half and waited till 8:30, and then 9:30. By 12:00 I noticed some of my systems were easing up, but still to sick to get out of bed. At 12:00 I took another half tablet so I"m now at 20mg and I don't feel weel enough yet to even take a shower Crying or Very sad

My doctor told me to take the tablets between my top cheek and gum, and I'm wondering if this is part of what's causing the problem. From what I read about suboxone more is less.

Any suggestions, or is t his just normal on your first day?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 5:59 pm

Hello Particular
This is Dee,
First off. Your doctor did not tell you the proper way to take your Suboxone.
When you take Suboxone you need to place it under your tongue, it is absorbed into the bloodstream through the veins under the tongue.
When was the last time you took any opiates?

I would imagine the reason that you have not had relief yet was because of the way you took your tablets. And yes your right, with Suboxone less is more.

Drinking a glass of water before placing the tablets under your tongue may help speed up the length of time it takes for them to dissolve. Do not talk, smoke or drink while you are wating for the tablets to dissolve as this may interfere with how well the Suboxone is absorbed.
How many tablets did your doctor tell you to take on your first day?

Look under the Topic Questions and Information, Then go to the post titled "Patient Education" that should help you with your questions.
I will be here off and on today and this evening, if you have any questions or just need to talk let me know.
We can schedule a chat if need be. Just let me know what time.
Don't worry, we will get you through this.
This is the first day of the rest of your life, a new beginning. Congratulations!
Here if you need me.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 7:21 pm

Hi Sweetie,

This is what I did my first time, only the doctor had me doing it in his office. He saw orange all over my lips and ask me where I was putting it. I told him and he corrected me and an hour later, I was fine. How are you now? Can you write back and let us know how you are?

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Thu 26 Feb 2009, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 8:36 pm

I'm still feeling pretty poor, lots of sweats, body aches and now I"m really emotional. I stopped with my last does at 2:00 pm today(pacific time). I started to feel a little better on the last does which would make it 24mgs, so I decided that it must not be working well for me. I've taken all of these doses the same way though, between the top cheek and gum. I was told to take 1 tablet every six hours this way of the 8mg tablets. I felt no improvement after the first dose so I decided to keep going. I didn't want to take a high dose, since from what people are saying that less is more, and I only want to take what I need to feel somewhat normal.

Thank you for your replies,

~Particular
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 9:05 pm

I forgot to answer Dee's question on how long, I waited 16 hours from my last dose of opiates, which was about half of what I'd normally take. I may be a little differnt since I haven't really heard of anyone with my particular drug using Suboxone. I hope I don't get into trouble and I don't even know if it's important, but I've been taking Opium for about 22 months. This would be the raw form with all of the other alkaloids. This is why I chose the name of Particular, since I haven't been able to find anyone that has taken Suboxone for this Paricular opiate or combination of opiates. I would need between 450 and 600 mgs of morphine sulfate just to keep me out of withdrawls daily. I've not experienced an opiate high in a very long time, nor do I wish to. I just want a normal life again.

I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the forum, and if it does, thank you Dee and Barbara, you've made me feel less Particular already.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 9:53 pm

Particular
Please, let me tell you one thing. You will not be kicked out of this forum because of the drug that you were using.
You are in recovery now. That is all that matters. We are here for you. In my heart I believe the reason why this isn't working for you right now is because of the way you were told to take it.
I hate to see you go through any more than what you are right now, but please hold out as long as you can, then try to take one quarter to one half of a tablet and place it under your tongue. Make sure you keep it under your tongue until the whole thing dissolves.
The less is more concept come in I think after you are stabilized on your maintenance dose. After you have been stable on Suboxone for awhile your body gets to where it won't need as much.
Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Barbara and I are both here for you. We won't judge you, and we won't turn our backs on you.
You are in my prayers,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 10:07 pm

It's been 50 minutes, and I'm starting to feel much more normal now. The sweats have stopped, I"m not aching nearly as bad. I took another whole tablet under my tough the right way. I have no idea why the doctor told me to do it that way, he even showed me by pulling up the side of his face to show me the spot to put the tablet.

I can make it like this, I only feel like I have a mild cold now. Thank you so much for the information and hope, I already almost failed because a doctor told me the wrong way to use the tablets. I would have put it in my mind that they wouldn't work for me, and that would of been that.

Greatfully,
~Particular
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 10:14 pm

Hello,
You are so very welcome. I am so happy that you are feeling better.
Doctors like the one you are going to make me angry. When you go in for your next appointment please copy and print the information from the web site and take it in to him. Sometimes we have to educate our doctors. Maybe you can save some heartache.
Now that I know you are doing better, I'm off to bed.
Rest well and take it easy.
Yours,
Dee

www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 4:32 am

Particular,

I am so glad you jumped on here and got the help you needed from Dee and Barbara. When I started reading your post I was so worried for you. I'm Mez and have been on suboxone for about seven months now. It is so important to take it the right way. My hubby Neil did what you did and he couldn't understand why the medication was helping me so much and not him. Our Doctor just assumed he would know how to take it. I hope you are starting to feel a lot better now.

I have enjoyed reading your posts. (I haven't been on here for a few days). The suboxone has really helped me physically and mentally. It has given me a chance to get my life back in order after the train wreck that it was. This forum is a special place for me. I get grounded here and don't feel judged by who or what I am.

I hope I get to hear from you more.

As Barbara or Dee says, (maybe they both do)......

Yours in the struggle.

Mez.
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 5:01 am

Thank You Mez,

And nice to meet you too. I'm sure I'll be sharing my days with these new experiences in hopes that all of you will help keep me sound. You can read so much about what Suboxone is going to be like, but you really don't know until you start it, and it's so helpful to be able to explain how I'm feeling and have people help me through this.

My Thanks,
~Particular
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptySat 28 Feb 2009, 3:14 am

Hi Particular,

Are you feeling a bit better than your first day? Have the aches and pains become more bearable? I hope so. Make sure you get plenty of rest when you can. It helped me heaps to be able to have a nanna nap whenever I could. Where are you from? Are you also in America? I'm in Australia and it is still bloody hot down here.

Thanks for being here.

Mez.
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptySat 28 Feb 2009, 7:59 am

I wish it was hot here *Shivers*. Smile I live in America in the Great Northwest. However, great they say it is, I've been to Florida, and Cancun, and man do I like a humid climate! I Love Ausies by the way Smile My first experience was two foreign ecxhange students in High School. I just couldn't believe their outlooks, such happy healthy ways of thinking. It may have been a little infatuation too, since one of them was a rather cute girl who always had the imfamouse Ausi-Smile Smile Quite infectious to say the least. Anyways, I wanted to let you know that I am feeling better, and thank you for caring. Thank you all for caring, Dee, Barbara, and you have really made a difference in my life, you've really helped me feel like I have a support system now.

~Particular
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions EmptySat 28 Feb 2009, 10:50 am

I can relate to the cold feeling being in Vermont. We are supposed to start warming up a bit. But not anytime soon I believe. It feels like it anyway.
I lived in the Northwest at some point, in the state of Washington. I got to where I couldn't handle being there. It rained way too much. I remember people saying we were all rusty ducks or something like that.
I though Mobile Alabama was the wettest place I had ever lived, boy was I wrong. Mobile had nothing on Olympia.
I too love the heat and humidity.
I wish I could take the four seasons of New England, mix them with a bit of Alabama, throw in a touch of Texas and Washington, add a touch of Australian lingo, put it all in a pot and stir. What a lovely place that would be. *sigh*
Boy can I dream huh.
Enjoy the weekend, and Particular please do something nice for yourself today. The last couple of days have been out of the ordinary for you, find something that you like to do and go for it. Be proud of your self. Your going to be okay.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Day Suboxone Questions   First Day Suboxone Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

First Day Suboxone Questions
Page 1 of 1