Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Still An Insomniac

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: Still An Insomniac   Still An Insomniac EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 5:35 pm

Sleep
I have been on Suboxone since May. It has changed my life, saved me. I am still having so much trouble sleeping though. I am scared to take a sleep medication seeing that I obviously have an addiction problem. Does anyone else go through this as well? Do you have any good suggestions? Please let me know- Bfye
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still An Insomniac   Still An Insomniac EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 9:01 pm

HI byfe,
There are a number of things that you can try to help with your sleep problem without having to take anything that you may get addicted to. One thing that I take when I have a problem sleeping is melatonin, ( you can get it just about anywhere) I take it about 20min before bedtime and by the time I'm ready for bed I'm usually ready for sleep. Another thing is to take a nice long hot bath before bedtime. Chammomile tea is also good. I hope this helps. How are you doing other wise?
hugs to you
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still An Insomniac   Still An Insomniac EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 10:30 pm

Sweetie, you can also try laying in bed and start with your jaw...let it relax and then start at your toes,feet,legs thighs, relaxing completely. I have never gotten past my thighs and I'm asleep. Relaxing your jaw has something to to with talking while you're awake. If you'll notice when you are trying to go to sleep, your jaw is tight and teeth are clenched...just relax it all the way, put all of your problems in a bag under the bed, and tell yourself good-night. What Nannamom had to say is good too. Put all this together and you should begin to sleep like a baby. Oh yeah, I have to turn the television off. Have a good night, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: one thing   Still An Insomniac EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 2:45 am

byfe,
Thee's one thing that i forgot to mention to you or ask you. Do you have a journal that you write in each day? A lot of times it is helpful to sit sown at the end of the day when all is quiet and write down your day. Even if it's something small. Getting things out of your system and on paper can help in many ways. When I feel stressed out I pull my journal out and write away, it helps me to put things intp perspective, and it will also help yu later on down the road when you can sit down and pull it out and just read it thrugh to see where yu've been and how far you've come. We've all come a long way in this struggle of ours. Somedays are great and some are not so great but as long as we try not to get too far ahead into the future we will be okay. Just take it easy and live life as it comes.
hugs to you
nannamom

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still An Insomniac   Still An Insomniac EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 5:59 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Nannamom!
I appreciate your sleep suggestions. I hadn't heard of Melatonin helping with sleep before- thank you! I'm already doing yoga & the hot shower, with little to no results. (At least with the sleep.. haha) I also do keep a journal as well. I actually started it in high school, have picked it up & put it down many times throughout these 15 years. (it's actually a stack of notebooks) But it's unbelievable to me as I read it now & say "How could I have done that??" I guess hindsight is 20/20. I need to keep it in better perspective for the future. As I've read over the last 6 months compared to all of the wasted years before, I feel so thankful that a change is even possible & that I am doing it. As we've discussed before, Suboxone is a miracle. I have this one last chance. Carpe Diem!!
How do you sleep? And if you sleep well now, did you when you were about 6 months into the Sub? This is a nightly struggle & I'm tired. Continuing to hope that it will get better with time?? Was that the case with you? Thanks for your help.
Your Friend,
BFye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Still An Insomniac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still An Insomniac   Still An Insomniac Empty

Back to top Go down

Still An Insomniac
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone-
Jump to: