Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Urine test

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Urine test Empty
PostSubject: Urine test   Urine test EmptySat 14 Feb 2009, 2:13 am

If they can drug test an addict for no apparent reason, why can't they test people who remain on welfare, refuse to work, and trade their benefits for drugs. Say if you're dirty, you lose you benefits and the money saved should go to addicts who are in recovery, most in the work force and tax paying citizens. Shouldn't this turn about be fair play? These welfare recipients would be forced to get into recovery or find other ways for their addiction. Just a late night question came to be while saying my prayers. I do pray for all of you who are suffering in the name of being a decent human being.

Good night my dear family,
Love from your sister,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Urine test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urine test   Urine test EmptySat 14 Feb 2009, 11:03 am

Exclamation
Barbara,
Drug testing addicts in recovery is part of the agreement we sign when going into programs. if we don't want to be tested, we don't have to go into the program. I myself don't mind the fact that I may be tested, it keeps me where I need to be.

In the state that I live in, in order to be on welfare, if you are able to work you are required to work. If you are not able to work, you have to have a statement from your doctor.
If you are able to work and cannot find a job, you have to go through the work first program. In this program you learn how to sharpen your job search skills. This class is one month long. After that month is up and you do not have a job, you then are required to work some type of community service for your benefits, this enables you to be able to say that you work for your money. If you do not participate in the program, you loose your benefits.
This is only required if you receive cash benefits, the amount of work service time that you must do each week depends on how many children you have and their ages. If you do not have children you do not qualify for cash benefits.
I am an example, I have Kris he is 15 so after my class I will be required to do 30 hours a week service work to keep my cash benefits.

If you are on food stamps only, there is no work requirement. You don't have to do anything just show up for your appointment each year and recertify. Give proof of income, proof of rent payments. And that is that.

Some people that do drugs while on welfare, not all but some. Are in pain. They can not find a doctor to treat their pain, so they buy them off the streets.

We need more state workers that care about people, we need more doctors that care about patients, and we need more people to do what they are supposed to do.
Not all cases are the same, we all need to understand that things are not always what they appear to be.
Just adding my two cents
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Urine test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urine test   Urine test EmptySat 14 Feb 2009, 11:20 pm

Hi Dee,

You're right and what I was saying they seem to be more concerned with drug testing an addict who pays for their medicine and not people who are getting food stamps for free and not look for work and stay high. I don't mean all of them, but a lot of them do.

Oh well, there's a lot of things going on that isn't fair. I'm just glad I try to do what's right and do all I can to help other people. I wasn't always a caring person. I had to begin with myself and then I began to change.

Well, on to the weather...the wind's coming out of the south, so it's humid and starting to get hot. What I would do for a nice handfull of snow to rub on my face! I wish I could send you guys up there some warmth!

Love you all,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urine test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urine test   Urine test Empty

Back to top Go down

Urine test
Page 1 of 1