Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Dani5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 12:26 pm

I'm Barbara inviting you to our forum. I'm one of the moderators and glad to have you here. Whatever your problems are, we can get them solved here. If you are on or going to be on Suboxone or methadone, we have an array of information you can use.

Take your time and look around. You are welcome to read our post and information sites we have here. Really happy to have you.

Dee, our other moderator is ill, but she is still trying to keep in touch, so look forward to hearing from her.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 7:16 pm

hello DaniS,
My name is Dee, and it is great to welcome yet another member here to our family.
Usually when new people join a forum, they do it because they are looking for something maybe in the way of information, and some, in the way of support. Please take your time to look around and read the different posts of the other members. If you see something that you would like to comment on, please do.
We welcome your input.
If you need anything, please let us know. We are here to help.
I look forward to getting to know you. When your ready to tell us a little bit about yourself, feel free.
But remember we will never pressure you. That is not why we are here.
It is hard enough sometimes to be in recovery with out feeling pressured by the people around us.
If you need me, let me know. And I will do my best to help you in any way that I can.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
DaniS

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm

To Dee and Barbara,
Thank you both for your kind words. My story is so long that for now I will just say that I have been on 24mg. of Suboxone for about 11 months. My husband is on 16mg. No one else other than our Doc. and Therapist knows. It is like a big secret. I guess I just need some people in my life to talk to that can identify with me. I look forward to getting to know you all. May take me awhile to get familiar with this site. Take Care and have a good night!

Thanks again.

DaniS cherry
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2009, 8:07 pm

Hey DanniS,
Well as long as your here with us, you will always have someone that you can talk to. If you don't feel like sharing your story yet, that is okay. Take your time.
It is great to hear that both you and your husband are both in recovery. We have another member here, he and his wife went into recovery at the same time as well.
I hope that when he see's your post he will stop in a say hello to you.
Let your husband know that he also most welcome to join our forum.
I know it is hard not being able to talk to anyone about what your going through.
Do you have family? Are they even aware that you guys had an addiction.
A lot of us are so good at hiding things that our families are in complete suprise when they find out. Then, when they do, they can't seem to understand why we just can't quit with a snap of our fingers.

If you need anything let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.
Great to have you here.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2009, 11:13 pm

Hi Dani, It's Barbara again.

Honey, be so glad your husband is still with you. I lost mine to oc's and alcohol and xanax. His liver gave out in the end and I was still using...I used for two more years. No brag, just fact. If there's anything I can say or do to get you two living a good life, let me know what it is and I'll do my very best to do it. To spare another couple to go through what I did and then have his family blame me when I was the one holding the place together. Then my friend Tommy died in my drive way one night and found him in the morning. I still didn't stop. I overdosed and was baker-acted into the hospitol for eight days, I used after this, but I knew if I didn't get help, I wasn't going to be around. Some say their family didn't know. Everybody knew I was in trouble. I couldn't hold myself up and nodded off in traffic. Somebody wanted me to find Suboxone cause a friend gave me the name and cell phone of a guy who ran a clinic with Suboxone. This friend and her husband died of an overdose. I also lost two union brothers and two sisters of the same thing. They went to sleep and never woke up. I was spared to spread the word...the crap will kill you and in the end, it won't take much. I'm so very glad I'm here to welcome you both. 39 years old...you have your whole life to get well and prepare for your retirement. At 65 years old I have $3600. in my retirement fund. All I can be gratefull for is I'm getting well and not going to die trying. We welcome you to hold on to us for support. We're a good group, got some tight bonds. Thank you for stepping up to be with us.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
lisa

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptySat 31 Jan 2009, 11:43 pm

I had forget to log in on that post.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptySun 01 Feb 2009, 1:41 am

Hi Lisa,

Glad to see your post. Don't worry about comin off of Subs right now. I'm on 4 mgs a day and I can skip my meds for a day, but the next day things get hard. Talk to your doctor about a taper plan when you feel comfortable with it. I'm thrilled you and your husband are sticking it out. Just hang in there.

Keep posting and talking to people. Helping others helps us get well.

Lots of love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 11:53 pm

Lisa, hello.

It was nice reading your post. I could really understand what you were talking about. Its so nice to be able to focus on life instead of which doctor to go to today and what story am I going to give him. I got so sick of talking about 'my pain' to these different doctors. In the end I'm sure some of them just gave me a script to get me out of their office.

Have a good day Lisa. Stay cool on your side of the equator.

Mez. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Dani5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dani5   Welcome Dani5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Dani5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: