Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help for taste

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pjohn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-16

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: help for taste   help for taste EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 9:08 pm

[b] Smile I have been on suboxone for a few weeks and feels great does anyone have any suggestions to help that funky taste
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: Re: help for taste   help for taste EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 11:22 pm

Hi Pjohn,
MY name is nannamom, the taste of the subs is pretty bad i know. I have heard some people say that if you put a mint in the back of your mouth while the sub is under your tongue it help with the bad taste. I haven't tried it though because I am always afraid that if i have anything in my mouth, I will accidently end up swallowing the sub. I have been on them for 2 1/2 years now, and to be honest with you I hardly notice the taste anymore.
How have you been doing other wise? Isn't it great when you don't have to wake up in the morning and worry about where your going to find your next pill. welcome to the group. When you feel comfortable please tell us a little about your self. If thee's anything else that you need just post away.
hugs to you
nanamom

sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: Re: help for taste   help for taste EmptySat 22 Nov 2008, 8:16 am

pjohn
I want to personally welcome you if I haven't. I can understand just exactly how you feel about the taste. Twisted Evil It has a evil taste like my methadone wafers. It takes all I can do to swallow them sometimes after I add warm water and reconstitute them. There are times I have even vomited the methadone up because I almost gagged on it.
I have no doubt placing a tablet under your tongue sublingually is just as horrific. It leaves the taste in my mouth even after I have taken it and drank water. I have triede almost everything to rid my mouth of it. I have found something which is bitter in taste works better than anything else.
If you like the large dill pickles, they work beautifully for me. I buy the sliced ones because I can't eat one of the large (whole) ones but usually it only takes a few bites. I have tried grapes and they work but there is no kind of soft drink I have found to work. Sometimes a flavored lollipop may work temporarily but never as well as the dill pickles or grapes.
How about giving it a try and reporting back to me. I would be interested in knowing if I am the only one it does work for. You could realy make my day if you let me know it did work for you. If it works for both of us then I can suggest it to others to try.
How about introducing yourself and sharing what brought you to the Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel. Is is working for you and could you just share some about yourself because we are interested. If you want to remain quiet , you have definitely chosen the wrong people to associate it.
I wanted to answer you last week but I just never could get to you. I always try and find time to let each of you know I do really care about what is happening in your lives. Yes, I should have labeled an Introduction area and made it mandatory for you to include some information about yourself and most important what is you expect from all of us?
I can tell you now I will not be asking for any money. I am interested in knowing who you are and if my suggestion works. Thanksgiving is around the corner and I will be available Thursday and Friday for those of you who will be alone and need some company. Let others know they have somewhere to come where they are loved and wanted Thanksgiving if they are alone. You spread the word and God will bless you.
Good Morning! I have been up trying to catch up all night. Guess what? It is now 7:15 AM (I know none of you believed me when I told you it isn't easy keeping all of it going.. )
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: Re: help for taste   help for taste EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 3:29 pm

Hi PJohn,

I remember when I first started the Suboxone & thinking the same thing about the taste. I threw up the first several times I took it, but within days I stopped noticing it. It doesn't bother me at all now. Hopefully between mints, pickles & time... Wink
Are you doing ok with it other than the taste? It has changed my life dramatically. I'm so thankful that such a drug exists. Best wishes to you (and your taste buds). Let me know??
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: Reply   help for taste EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 12:56 pm

Hi There! Don't forget you aren't suppose to eat or drink anything for an hour after taking your meds. I'm in a rush to get out the door to the doctor for refills. Somethings in life are worth while, but doesn't seem so at the time. Maybe this taste will prompt you to taper off as soon as it's safe for you. You will know when it's time. There is a window of opportunity while tapering from the beginning. Discuss this with your doctor. All I got for now. Be brave and strong. Yours in the struggle, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help for taste Empty
PostSubject: Re: help for taste   help for taste Empty

Back to top Go down

help for taste
Page 1 of 1